Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Finally got Astral Communion in opening hand with coin. Turn 3 comes and I have Web Wrap as my hero power and my opponent has no minions out, so I can't cast it and then do my hero ability 5 times. FTL. So I coined a Maiden and cast it next turn, but then I got Doonmaul and couldn't chain cast 10x again. This TB isn't even fun with epic combos.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You got fucked over haha. The times I've gotten it out, even as late as turn four, its been auto win hero power spam.

That other power that reduces enemy minions to one health fucked with me before too. I wanted to reset it and hit it again and couldn't because he had no minions. I think you can do the poison one damage AE that spawns the slimes without enemy minions though, so its annoying you can't do the others too. Should be consistent IMO.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that shit is broken. If you can get that out even on turn four, much less with innervate and/or coin, its game over. People just concede.
Had someone concede on my first turn because I went innervate -> 1 mana+draw 1 hero power -> wild growth

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Man really liking control priest lately. Seems way better than tier 3. I just had the hilarity of shadow madnessing a murloc knight.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
There may have been worse metas than the current one but I can't think of any off the top of my head. 90% of my games are against Paladins or Hunters right now. And I don't see a reason to play any other classes since they are so weak by comparison. I still think Warsong Commander needed nerfing but the expected consequence of removing Patron Warrior from the game was the increase of Hunters and Paladins. Both classes got a ton of power from TGT and they are miles above any other class at the moment.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I actually ran into the new WC-less patron warrior @ rank 6 but man I don't see how that can be a good deck.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There may have been worse metas than the current one but I can't think of any off the top of my head. 90% of my games are against Paladins or Hunters right now. And I don't see a reason to play any other classes since they are so weak by comparison. I still think Warsong Commander needed nerfing but the expected consequence of removing Patron Warrior from the game was the increase of Hunters and Paladins. Both classes got a ton of power from TGT and they are miles above any other class at the moment.
Priest not on that list? Dragon Priest seems insanely strong.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Priest not on that list? Dragon Priest seems insanely strong.
Dragon Priest CAN be insanely strong. The problem with Dragon Priest is that it relies on a lot of combos. There are a lot of Card + Dragon interactions in the deck and it doesn't help that a lot of dragons need another dragon to be good. There have been so many games where I had a Twilight Whelp in my starting hand but really couldn't play it because I didn't have another dragon for it to be buffed up. Twilight Whelp is one of those cards where many times if you can't play it on turn 1 you should just try and hang onto it to ensure you have synergy for your other dragon dependent cards down the curve.

Speaking of curve that's another Dragon Priest weakness. It curves very late into the game with things like Ysera, Confessor, Boom (maybe) and other cards. A lot of games you're just trying to hold on until turn 4 or 5 when you're able to start dropping your cards. If you can hold out until Turn 5 you have a good shot at the game but the meta is VERY fast right now so that's not always possible.

Basically Dragon Priest is a Tier 2 deck. If you get a good mulligan and have your answers early than it seems impossible to beat. But it can be very susceptible to bad draws and bad mulligans where you just can't get anything going and end up overrun early. It's a good deck but it has a lot of problems too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So do you guys still hate Riddledin more than anything when we now have Warriors with 900 armor? You can't even finish a 3 win quest in under an hour anymore for fucksake. It takes like 2 hours to play 5-6 games. Fucking Christ. I knew right away after seeing Bash and Justicar that Armor Warrior was going to be a thing and it was going to be a huge pain in the ass.

Xixo played it to rank 2 legend on Wednesday. It's mid-range warrior that you can get a lot of value out of when you get to turns 7+
Which is always with all the armor. Even playing hardcore agro won't get thru the armor before the Brawls start happening and then you lose steam and die.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
zoo still romps on control warrior, and a good secret pally curve will overwhelm him before he gets going. I can beat control warrior with echo mage if I get high value duplicates.