Hearthstone

Krag

Peasant
Anyone have a viable Shaman deck? I'm feeling the urge to work on my shaman level....The only character I have under 60.
MrYagut was playing this deck in top 20 legend for a few days, I think he topped out at rank 3 (at least that is the highest I saw posted). I haven't tried it (been working on getting my first golden hero - for a while), so it might be that the deck is very matchup dependent, I don't really know. It's also the highest ranked shaman deck on the tempo storm meta report I believe (whatever stock you put in that particular evaluation).

CRDnJszWwAApRx2.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Savjz got fucked in the 24 hour thing. That's twice they've run the event, and twice the ending has been a shitshow. I feel bad for Savjz.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
He won didn't he? He ended up 1 rank in front of Forsen lol.
No, they "tied" and had to do a bo3, Forsen won 2-1.

By Tied they mean after the last game Savjz played he was 115, and 5 minutes later when Forsen finished his last game he was 115 nevermind that Savjz was 112 and Forsen was 116 when you look at their friends lists.

Of course they don't allow past broadcasts so you can't see it. You can watch the end of Savjz and see it kind of though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Would a six mana 6/6 shaman minion that played every totem in your deck as its battlecry make shaman good?

Or... A 9mana 8/8 that had onyxias effect of filling your board but with random totems.

What I'm asking can a single card make shamans not blow like MC did with paladins. Only problem is that paladins were in a much better spot before as well.

Maul

Dental Dammer
No, they "tied" and had to do a bo3, Forsen won 2-1.

By Tied they mean after the last game Savjz played he was 115, and 5 minutes later when Forsen finished his last game he was 115 nevermind that Savjz was 112 and Forsen was 116 when you look at their friends lists.

Of course they don't allow past broadcasts so you can't see it. You can watch the end of Savjz and see it kind of though.
The rules were your rank at the ranking screen after the win. Both were 115 so not sure how he was fucked. It was a pretty unforseeable ending really.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Would a six mana 6/6 shaman minion that played every totem in your deck as its battlecry make shaman good?

Or... A 9mana 8/8 that had onyxias effect of filling your board but with random totems.

What I'm asking can a single card make shamans not blow like MC did with paladins. Only problem is that paladins were in a much better spot before as well.
Muster/Quartermaster/Minibot made Paladins not suck.
MC made Paladins OP.

Shaman need a more efficient way to interact with their hero power & overload to become good.

I saw 1 card suggestion that would be pretty sick, and probably be equiv to MC for Shaman:

rrr_img_113216.jpg

It's a 9 mana play which makes it slow but the tempo swing would be crazy. Shaman need cards that use your Overload. Right now the Overload mechanic is not being fully utilized and Blizzard doesn't even cost cards appropriately when using it.

Note: There may be arguments against this saying how Blizzard doesn't like players affecting other players decks/mana, but think of this card as a Loatheb/Mana Wraith/Saboteur/etc. It's just stronger and class specific.

Overload sounds good in theory - get strong minions out a turn early - but this game is about Tempo and you get punished extremely hard.

Lets look at Totem Golem, for example: It's a 3/4 for 2+1. Same as a spider tank except you can play it turn 2. But then you only have 2 mana on turn 3.
Compare to Minibot: 2/2 for 2 with Divine shield making it a 4/2 for 2. It trades evenly against Totem Golem and doesn't fuck up your tempo.

Overload is valued too highly. For Totem Golem to be correct, it needs to trade with a 4 mana minion, not a 2 mana minion. It should be 3/5 or 4/4 at worse. Even Blackwing Tech is a 3/5 for 3 (assuming you meet the condition) and it's a neutral card!

Shaman will forever be fucked until Overload is treated fairly.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Muster/Quartermaster/Minibot made Paladins not suck.
MC made Paladins OP.

Shaman need a more efficient way to interact with their hero power & overload to become good.

I saw 1 card suggestion that would be pretty sick, and probably be equiv to MC for Shaman:

rrr_img_113216.jpg

It's a 9 mana play which makes it slow but the tempo swing would be crazy. Shaman need cards that use your Overload. Right now the Overload mechanic is not being fully utilized and Blizzard doesn't even cost cards appropriately when using it.

Note: There may be arguments against this saying how Blizzard doesn't like players affecting other players decks/mana, but think of this card as a Loatheb/Mana Wraith/Saboteur/etc. It's just stronger and class specific.

Overload sounds good in theory - get strong minions out a turn early - but this game is about Tempo and you get punished extremely hard.

Lets look at Totem Golem, for example: It's a 3/4 for 2+1. Same as a spider tank except you can play it turn 2. But then you only have 2 mana on turn 3.
Compare to Minibot: 2/2 for 2 with Divine shield making it a 4/2 for 2. It trades evenly against Totem Golem and doesn't fuck up your tempo.

Overload is valued too highly. For Totem Golem to be correct, it needs to trade with a 4 mana minion, not a 2 mana minion. It should be 3/5 or 4/4 at worse. Even Blackwing Tech is a 3/5 for 3 (assuming you meet the condition) and it's a neutral card!

Shaman will forever be fucked until Overload is treated fairly.
Agreed, I think they messed up conceptually with Overload. It's kind of a cumulative upkeep/Echo mechanic that magic has where it's an above costed guy for the turn but you have to devote resouces to it on the next turn as well.

I think for minions they have it overvalued a 3/4 for 2 is the same as a 3/4 for 3, Now that we have a neutral 3/4 and multiple class specific 3/4s it's not really that big of an advantage when you lose your turn three.

They could easily fix overload by making more cards that interact with it. Make it so you WANT overloaded crystals on certain turns to trigger big minions so overloading can actually be seen as a benefit.
  • A Burn spell that does more damage per overload Crystal.
  • Make a few creatures that get bonuses for overload. Think Dragon/mech Synergy.
  • A guy that costs 2 less for each overload crystal you have.
  • Draw a card for each crystal you have.

Hel you could have guys that can only be paid with overloaded crystals. Basically you could give shamans a whole new resource system if you wanted.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The rules were your rank at the ranking screen after the win. Both were 115 so not sure how he was fucked. It was a pretty unforseeable ending really.
We all know this is completely retarded and just looking at who is actually highest ranked is the blatantly obvious answer.

And no, that is absolutely not what the rules say

At the end of the contest whoever is highest on the ladder wins the $5,000 prize and is crowned champion. (stars count, legendary rank counts)
ASUS ROG Play It Cool Schedule, Rules and Contests! Dreamhack DreamHack Winter 2015

Highest on the ladder is pretty easily definable.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Honestly the ending was better that way, drama + a head to head finish. Who could have ever predicted they would finish at 115? That shit is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game can really suck a dick sometimes. Just had a paladin in arena play Toshley, followed by The Black Knight (which got value and destroyed a taunt of mine), followed by Mysterious Challenger which summoned FOUR secrets, followed by me promptly conceding.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game sucks a dick every single time. It just varies if its your dick getting sucked or not.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Random, variance, whatever! All I know is half the time when you're about to blow your load, someone kicks you in the nuts instead.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently there's going to be a 2v1 co-op tavern brawl and brawls will now require you just to complete one for a pack, not win it.

QVovMb1.png