Hearthstone

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Except for posting in this thread...
Like methadone to a heroin addict.

So you haven't logged in to see what golden rewards you got?!?
One of us...

No, I have not. I uninstalled
smile.png
So much happier with dailies and RNG hanging over my head.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Control Warrior opponent plays Varian Wrynn hits Sylvanas, Grommash, Dr. Boom. Gives me the immediate "Well Played". Skilllllllllll.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Must feel bad to lose to a total moron, because those are the only ones still playing Varian. He's totally awful.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
It definitely felt bad. Next game I got some ridiculous boombot luck to steal a win so fair's fair I guess.

It's not really, fuck rng.
smile.png

Ryoz

<Donor>
Midrange paladin is really in a strong spot right now too. A curved out paladin deck is hard to deal with, even the non secrets version. They pretty much outvalue everyone for the most part.
That's only due to the surprise factor because everyone is assuming secret.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Must feel bad to lose to a total moron, because those are the only ones still playing Varian. He's totally awful.
I was just about to post about this and ask other's opinions. I think both tl lists had varian and I already had him so I gave him a whirl and after about 50 games just decided to remove him. His card draw is detrimental in the control vs control matchup, a couple of games he was one of 3 or the dead last card, making him unplayable. It seemed like the only times I could play him are times I very much had the upper hand already so more than likely I would have won anyways.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's only due to the surprise factor because everyone is assuming secret.
No, its because Paladin has a ton of super value cards. Minibot, muster, Tirion, LoH, Truesilver, Consecrate, Murloc Knight, Aldor, Coghammer, equality, Quartermaster. All these things are absolute tempo machines. Combine them with other best in slots like Chow, Shredder, Boom, Belchers and you have a really tough class to contend with in a tempo driven meta. They tech in a healbot and an argus to aid against aggro even more and they are strong against the entire field. And they match up well with the secrets counterpart.

Pally has a lot of tools that other classes can't match well, that's part of the secret pally domination as well as MC itself. MC just creates a swing turn which also pushes you directly into Pally's unmatched deck curve.

With Patron gone the only real wombo-combo finisher deck on the ladder is druid, which is basically the number two ladder class after paladin. The other benefactor of the warsong nerf has been our old favorite, the facehunter. If Blizzard continues to push this minion interaction heavy meta then Pally will continue to dominate even after a MC nerf until more classes can go toe to toe with their deck value.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to play hunter and shoot my partner in the face the whole time then. Good times.

Or is it only Pally and Priest? Just randomly queue into one or the other. That makes sense I guess.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to play hunter and shoot my partner in the face the whole time then. Good times.

Or is it only Pally and Priest? Just randomly queue into one or the other. That makes sense I guess.
It is pre-built decks

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, but I was assuming you get to pick your class. In the screenshot though it shows Priest/Paladin, I'm guessing that's your two heroes every time and the decks will have lots of healing and buffing and shit.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I like how the minion has taunt so you can't ignore him and go for your partner's face. I doubt they put silence in the decks too. I suppose if you're the priest, you can always just not heal your partner, but that's not as fun griefing-wise