Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I had someone who went turn 1 Onyxia. Turn 2 Frostwolf Warlord + Frostwolf Warlord. I conceded on the spot.

I won my game with an Alex opener, Malygos + Arcane Missiles to clear board and get some face damage and finished with Rhonin and 3 Salvos of Missiles to the face.

Neph_sl

shitlord
First game playing this TB, going second. Opponent opens with Ragnaros. I answer with Ragnaros + Cabal Shadow Priest. He concedes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
1-10 clearly indicates that you've won a single game.

rrr_img_124336.jpg

The Master

Bronze Squire
The entire meta feels very tempo based, coming back to the game after a break. Not many board clears, lots of annoying to kill minions. Usually if you ever fall behind you just lose.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Red Bull Hearthstone Team Brawl

This is glorious. I kind of want to have a Rerolled Sealed Tournament (there is a tool on the Tempo Storm site to draft your own shit). I need to figure out if there is a way to somehow do this publicly. This is the shit we need! Of course you'd kind of have to have a full collection because you need to be able to build what you get.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they should change MC to neutral. I want to see what kinds of hunter and mage decks would materialize.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Is there even a hard counter to Secret Pally? Every fucking day I get a on a decent run then run into the Wall o Pallies. Patron Warrior seems ok, but if you don't get the right draws early then fuck it, you're done. They ALWAYS have turn 2 minibot and turn 6 Dr. Six. MC ruins the game for me more than Undertaker or Warsong Commander ever did.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Yet when I am playing secret pally I never get the turn 2 bot goodness.
There are two viable strategies for beating it. The aggro sham approach of getting it into face damage range by turn 4 or 5. Secret pally has very little healing.
For a more control approach, just make sure you keep the board clear.
Obviously if the other player gets a good draw or you draw shit then it's gg but that's Hearthstone.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Explainer vid needs posting too. Sounds like a really fun tournament format.

Teams in spoilers.

Team Archon:

Paul "Zalae" Nemeth
James "Firebat" Kostesich
Jason "Amaz" Chan

Team Liquid:

Janne "Savjz" Mikkonen
David "Dog" Caero
Jeffrey "Trump" Shih

Tempo Storm:

Haiyun "Eloise" Tang
Andrey "Reynad" Yanyuk
Johnnie "Ratsmah" Lee

Cloud 9:

Cong "StrifeCro" Shu
Rumay "Hafu" Wang
Andrew "TidesofTime" Biessener

Casters:
Dan "Frodan" Chou
TJ "Azumo" Sanders
George "hyped" Maganzini

I'm liking Cloud 9 just because this format seems like a lot like arena and they have Hafu. Although there's a lot of strong deck builders in general in this tournament so who knows who'll win.

The hell is with this priest deck that uses shadowform and 2 tournament medics. Makes the game drag forever and they still lose. Granted om using a reno warrior deck but their turns take forever when they have both out and that double hero power minion. Ugh

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The vast majority of Priests decks aren't actually designed to win games. They're designed to not lose and is part of the reason I find them so annoying. I play one and I'm all "what the fuck is your win condition exactly?" It just seems a lot of them want to stall the game until you run out of threats and they win in fatigue with their heals.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The game plan isn't to not win, but the hero power makes the deck very reactive so quite often your best game plan ends up being dragging the game out to win by getting more value out of your cards and hero power. Aside from dragon priest, it isn't really possible to make a proactive priest deck.