Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey I played it for 4 whole games, most of which I got bad draws. That's more than enough data to form a permanent opinion about a deck!!! Although really I think the problem was I was the one getting bad matchups. Deck gets hosed pretty hard by renolock.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That was painful, and insanely unlucky.

Seriously, after we are both in fatigue and he played Golden Monkey the turn before...he follows with Bran and Iron Juggernaut putting 2 bombs in my empty deck...next turn I draw 2 bombs and take 2 damage from fatigue and die.
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was painful, and insanely unlucky.

Seriously, after we are both in fatigue and he played Golden Monkey the turn before...he follows with Bran and Iron Juggernaut putting 2 bombs in my empty deck...next turn I draw 2 bombs and take 2 damage from fatigue and die.
frown.png
I can top that with a boneheaded game i threw yesterday. was elise warrior mirror, he got much better shit from his monkey than me, and to make things even worse, i got 2 coldlight oracles from neptulon. So I say fuck it, play the two coldlights without bothering to count fatigue, and pass. then the pagle that he got from sneeds drew him another card, and he fatigued down to 2.

and I had a 2 damage gorehowl that I hadn't bothered to attack with.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to monkey with some Maly decks...There is always room to go , "BOOM! You're dead." out of nowhere.
I think everyone underestimates how much Loatheb will be missed actually. Yeah chow belcher healbot have been very clutch, and combo druid is no more, but that card can just save your ass or change the game in many situations other than just rogue or druid, and puts an immediate nice body threat out at the same time. There's still taunts, and heals, and early game value minions even if they aren't on the GvG broken level. But there's nothing that does what mushroom dude does, not even close.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Loatheb is one of the best cards that's rotating out. I use it in many of my decks. Pretty much anything that's not aggro or extremely combo based.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I always thought that stealth would be so much better if your opponent couldn't see the minion until stealth is broken. They would just see a fogged creature...Of course, an experienced player could most likely figure it out, but there would be cases where a rogue could put a creature into play and maybe conceal the casting cost...Just would make the mechanic a little cooler.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So haven't been following this game for a long time, but if my understanding is correct based on the shitty promotion mail they sent me, with next patch which comes next week, they're adding a mode that will remove the need for all the other expansions(for standard, I see there's still a "normal" mode with all the cards). Meaning I could pick up the game again and not be behind anymore, is that right? Sounds kinda good, also saw some post on reddit that there's 13 free packs or some shit, which sounds like way way more than what they'd usually do.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blackrock Mountain and the Grand Tournament will still be in play though, in addition to the new full size expansion. So theoretically yes, but just having a bunch of classic cards alone won't necessarily amount to equal footing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Blackrock Mountain and the Grand Tournament will still be in play though, in addition to the new full size expansion. So theoretically yes, but just having a bunch of classic cards alone won't necessarily amount to equal footing.
Oh I see I thought it was going to be only vanilla+old gods, nothing inbetween. Meh.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Standard generally be classic + the two newest expansions + the two and a half newest adventure packs if their release schedule if they're updating standard yearly instead of rotating the oldest thing out whenever the newest thing comes in. I.E. Blackrock Mountain would rotate out as soon as the 4th adventure pack came out, instead of standard having 3 adventure packs until the next rotation.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you were willing to spend any money and WANT to get back into it, now would be the time though. Buy a 50 pack of the new cards while its still presale, buy BRM, and you are good to go probably. If you are just wondering if this is a good time to play again just because fuck it, then maybe not.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I question spending money on the game when its not that difficult to get all the cards you'd want for free. If you don't enjoy the game enough to at least do your dailies then why bother spending cash on the game. Each expansion that has released I have more gold and dust accumulated, shit I only had like 2k gold and 1600 dust when gvg came out and didn't feel at all gimped when it was released. I bought brm entirely with gold. I had ~3k gold and dust when tgt came out. And now I'm going to have ~5500 gold and dust when wotg comes out and we're getting 13 free packs, I just don't see the need to pre-order when I'll be able to craft any card that'll see play and I didn't get and still have dust left over to craft any "fun" legendary I wanted.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, but you've been playing your dailies every day for years. Someone coming back to get into it again would get a huge jumpstart by buying BRM (maybe or just certain wings) and a 50 pack, rather than pinching pennies for months like a newb.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think spending money is about options and diversity.

If you enjoy playing only 1 or 2 class, or just a few decks. You can easily manage going free to play.

On the other hand, if you enjoy switching it out a lot, playing all the classes, and trying a lot of different deck option for each classes, then I think you will most likely need to spend money.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, some people dust more aggressively. I enjoy having two of everything and keeping my golden cards, no matter how useless that golden may be. Throwing blizz some money here and there makes it easier to accomplish that.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Also, some people dust more aggressively. I enjoy having two of everything and keeping my golden cards, no matter how useless that golden may be. Throwing blizz some money here and there makes it easier to accomplish that.
Yeah, that's me. I still have that completionist mentality even if I don't have all the cards or even want them. I've spent less than $200 and that includes the 50 pack I just bought. I playwhatever deck I wantand it's a lot more fun than when I was desperately trying to get started with Face hunter or just getting the basic 'need' cards for the top decks. Spending a little money isn't a bad thing since this is a personal enjoyment type expense.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Your OCD is showing Fammbro