Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 25 or so wins away from golden druid, so looking forward to not playing it anymore

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
what are going to be the best new set legs to craft?
Won't know for a few months when meta settles, but my guess as to what's "required":

Shaman Legendary for majority of new Shaman decks
Rogue Legendary for majority of new Rogue decks

and that's it...

Probably no other legend will be "auto include" unless you're playing a deck specific for that legendary. (like C'Thun), but everyone gets C'Thun for free.

My sleeper OP legend is Soggoth... he could possibly be an auto-include in a lot of decks... but too early to say

Column_sl

shitlord
If it's anything like the previous expacs you will know the first couple weeks of the meta in the first 24 hours, then it will shift unless someone breaks it so badly that a few decks are so OP.

If you see auto include cards in those decks craft em

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hate druid but enjoy aggro druid a lot more than face hunter. Probably because there's actual decisions with aggro druid.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm probably going to craft Yogg to make a troll rogue deck with it.

See you at rank 20!

Northerner

N00b
I won't miss this meta but I won't lie, it provided a hell of a lot of salt and even my own frustration amuses the hell out of me. The swings between possible 1-3 mana minions was just so goddamned severe as to be amusing. Besides, although courses are open here for golf, the conditions aren't great yet and that's my usual source of self-hate/anger.

So, tonight I'm drinking a lot of bourbon and playing (now bad) old OP decks for the hell of it, subbing in what I must. The funniest thing so far is that I'm seeing other similar decks in the teen trenches. Unleash the dreadsteads, ogres, inspire bullshit and patrons!

If you've got suggestions for the end of an era drunken HS expansion eve then let me know too. It's a stupid game but perfect for inebriated fucking about.

Northerner

N00b
OK. I am now extremely drunk. I'm playing essentially random old decks now and having a shitload of fun doing so.

I fall back on Secret Pal but Druid is by far the most fun. AggroSham is a staple since I can barely see at this point. I've not won a single game with Dreads and I actually crafted one. Still fun. I'm thinking now that the most misunderstood card of the series was the ogre for 7 6/6 that fucks up spells. He has done work in a few fucking around decks. Whatever though.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
After giving it some thought, I actually think standard is going to be the worst meta in the history of hearthstone.
You proclaim this every week though.
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You proclaim this every week though.
smile.png
Well I bitch about how horridly stale the current meta is, but looking forward, zoo and aggro shaman are going to be absolutely retarded in standard. Despite all the other nerfs to burst damage, zoo will still be capable of doing huge amounts of burst from hand courtesy of power overwhelming and dark peddler, they just won't be quite as good at sticking minions to the board. Aggro shaman is actually getting BETTER with the rotation by trading crackle for flamewreathed. How in gods name do you answer a turn 3/4 7/7 now that BGH costs 5?

Taho

N00b
All I'm seeing is various RenoLocks. Was trying to knock out a warrior quest, but they are kicking my patron ass. Can't think of a good warrior deck that is favored against renolock unless you do some weird combo charge or face deck. Does murloc pally farm renolock? I think I'll give that a try.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd like to try midrange but I'm definitely thinking aggro might just be stronger.

Also having a harder time coming up with one, but aggro had a solid template already. Currently dicking around to get to this:

Standard Midrange Shaman - Hearthstone Top Decks

Maybe two hex is too much, maybe a bloodlust would be good in there somewhere.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, I really haven't. Buzzard was problematic but possible to play around, and plenty of decks still had positive matchups against hunter. Undertaker snowballed out of control quickly but was vulnerable when it was first played. The way you beat aggro shaman is keeping the board clear early so they can't chip away for free damage while they set up doomhammer/burn finishes. Now you potentially have to answer a 7/7 as early as turn 3, while still being able to answer trog, totem golem, and feral spirit plus the reach of doomhammer and burn. It's like how sometimes aggro druid would just blow you out with an accelerated fel reaver, except now you don't even have bgh as an option. On top of all that, healbot is rotating out.

So yeah, aggro shaman is going to be an abomination.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Losing crackle really does hurt the reach/burn aspect though. That's why I was thinking earth shocks are going to be huge in the deck to get past taunts with minions/DH.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I definitely advocate upping to double earth shock in standard, but if I were playing aggro shaman in wild I'd probably still cut crackles for flamewreath.