Hearthstone

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The best is while playing with your ghetto deck they pop their c'thun and take you to 1hp on the battlecry. Then go for the kill and misdirection kills their hero dead. LOL. They clear off all my minions and get me to 1 hp then do 14 damage to themself for the kill. Love it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_132167.jpg

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I made Rank 5 with midrange Shaman, C'thun decks are very good matchups but you simply just can't play enough hate to beat the 1-drop spam garbage. I mean there's literally not enough of it in existence to put enough into your deck to have a chance. I started with 2 Bolt 2 Rockbiter 2 Earthshock 2 Mad Bomber 2 Wild Pyromancer 2 Lightning Storm and it'snot enough.Paladin makes 3-4 one drops, you sweep them, they make 3 more one drops, you sweep that, they Divine Favor and spam 4 more one drops. Rogue does the same thing, just replace Divine Favor with Oracle/Shadowstep. Warlock has no problem flooding the board 5 turns in a row until you're out of sweepers.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been watching Kibler's Paladin dragon deck, and a few other streamers Paladin N'Zoth deck's, and I wanted to try to combine the two together somewhat.

lZDk38H.jpg

You get the Tirion/Sylvanus N'zoth play, with possible Deathwing but very unlikely. Dragon Consort into deathwing turn 8 is pretty strong, along with all the rest of the dragon synergy, lots of healing with Rag/Lay on Hands/Forbidden to drag out combos and keep the game going.

How do you guys think a deck like this will play out in the current meta? Should I sub in some different cards? gonna play some tomorrow but I had no time today.

I know it will probably still get stomped on by Warlock Zoo/Councilman and Shaman Framewreathed bullshit probably, but the deck looks very fun.
It is beyond greedy, you have nothing you'd want to drop until turn 3 and that may be an unbuffed blackwing technician. Truesilver is one card that would allow you to get back on the board after being so passive early turns and you only have one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd definitely be running double truesilver, and if you're going to run such a greedy deck i think you need a second forbidden healing.

*edit*

Also, Hogger is almost as good as Sylvanas as a C'thun counter. Absorbs an absolutely ridiculous amount of damage.

MossyBank

N00b
Thanks, i'll make those changes today, not sure what to cut though. I'll figure it out.

Went 10-2 early this morning with a zoo deck running forbidden ritual and darkshire councilman.. shit is pretty ridiculous.

Had a game I won on turn 4, my councilman got to a 12-5 for the kill, rofl.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I really like this Priest C'Thun deck:

Cthun priest (easy rank five anti meta) - Hearthstone Decks

As he says it really is an anti-meta deck. It has really good match ups all across the board. There are a few board clears to keep aggro in check and enough impact plays to challenge every other deck out there. He really focuses on card draw to cycle through and get you stuff in your hand. I found you really want to get C'Thun to 10/10 as soon as possible to activate your big heal dudes and make sure that the Twin Emperors both spawn. And Brann is amazing right now because of all the battlecry minions out there. Getting +4/+4 to C'Thun and doing 4 damage to something is a huge play on Turn 6 (5 with coin). Or a Turn 10 Brann + Emperor x3.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching Kibler's Paladin dragon deck, and a few other streamers Paladin N'Zoth deck's, and I wanted to try to combine the two together somewhat.

lZDk38H.jpg

You get the Tirion/Sylvanus N'zoth play, with possible Deathwing but very unlikely. Dragon Consort into deathwing turn 8 is pretty strong, along with all the rest of the dragon synergy, lots of healing with Rag/Lay on Hands/Forbidden to drag out combos and keep the game going.
Yea I posted the same deck concept pre-release and got some flak for it here, too, but it was a bit less greedy than yours. Initial run went like 7-3 but that was when everyone was trying the Old Gods, it's a bit too slow for the meta now.

Here was the initial list:

Dragons Reincarnate

I eventually dumped most the dragons and beefed up the early game.

You should have Chillmaw instead of Nef. It's an extra taunt that can be rezzed by N'Zoth in case you never get to play Tirion. It also acts like another clear and you don't lose the battlecry if pulled by Deathwing.

2x Forbidden Healing, 2x Aldor and 2x Truesilver are mandatory with such a slow deck.

Also I found the 5 slot too congested with Drakes/Consorts/Corruptors.

In the end I dumped all of the early Dragon synergy, because simply put, by turn 5 you're usually being overrun. I am testing without Twilight Guardians, which would be the only thing I add back tbh, but would have to drop the consorts then, or Cairne. Cheating out dragons is nice, but also a Luxury. Dropping a 5/5 that doesn't affect board immediately is a bit greedy. The 2x Forbidden Healings, and the 12 cards in the 0-3 mana range help give you some room to play around.

Here's my current list which still has imperfections:

Dragons Reincarnate

5 of 7 Legendaries can be revived.
2 of the 7 have Taunt.

MossyBank

N00b
Thanks for the info Fawe, seems a lot more reasonable especially since the meta has sped up a bit with Shaman / Zoo decks emerging now. Unfortunately I'm fresh out of dust now and don't own either a Cairne or a Chillmaw. I do think the concept of the deck is pretty interesting, with a bit of tuning it could be something pretty decent, but probably not something that will show up in the future competitive scene.

Did any of you guys catch a bit of Kripp's stream last night? He was doing pretty well with a Reno/N'Zoth warlock deck. Seems pretty solid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol, played a bit of zoo this morning. Deck is so goddamn degenerate now. I think we're gonna see the same thing we saw when LoE came out, after a month or two of people experimenting with all the fun greedy stuff, the meta is going to solidify into 75-80% aggro. If I were playing zoo in wild, I honestly don't know if I'd be running the traditional Naxx deathrattle package or the new ritual/councilor one. Maybe I'd find a way to cram both in. Wild zoo must be truly obscene now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, what should I craft?

-N'Zoth
-Yogg
-Cho'Gall
-Herald Volasj

... really not sure what I "need." Need to work towards Golden Warlock and Priest.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So, what should I craft?

-N'Zoth
-Yogg
-Cho'Gall
-Herald Volasj

... really not sure what I "need." Need to work towards Golden Warlock and Priest.
N'Zoth is most legitimate of those options, the others would be more for testing or fun. Maybe Cho'Gall is a sleeper hit but haven't seen him used yet. I had high hopes for him originally, but he doesn't fit in Zoo which seems strongest atm. In Reno he probably should be auto-include.

Every deck I make atm has N'Zoth, so I'm biased of course
biggrin.png

(Mage/Hunter/Paladin)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
N'Zoth is already proven to be a successful deck archetype. May be too slow to be tier 1 but I suspect it will always be competitive. Yogg is a troll card, Cho'Gall is playable but mediocre, and I haven't even seen a concept for a deck using Volasj, much less something with playtesting to back it up.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very few things as satisfying as dropping N'zoth the turn after your priest opponent double holy nova'ed. He conceded on the spot.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also journey below may as well be Xaril 2.0, in the ~10x I've used the card I've gotten Xaril 9x. (of course I probably just jinxed myself)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
God I wish the chaotic uncertain meta would last weeks instead of a couple days. I've been having so much fun that I haven't even gotten around to half the decks I want to play. Deathrattle Rogue, Beast Druid, Dragonrattle Paladin, Midrange Hunter, Beast Hunter, etc. I've mainly been playing this C'thun Warrior because I find it really fun and it's one of my 3 classes that I haven't even reached 60 on (never playing anything but arena means my Warrior, Hunter and Priest aren't 60 while everyone else is around level 370). You can be completely behind and then come out of nowhere and have 45 armor and get a concede from your opponent. But Sylvannas is screwing me over and I really need to find room for a silence, but I can't decide what to cut. I cut a Slam for the 3/3 Ghoul that Whirlwinds and he has been doing miracles for me. I found that a lot of my games go down to fatigue and I win via armor. Here's my decklist, any Warrior pros got some advice on how to fit a silence in?

I wish I could also fit in a Shield Slam, but I just don't see what to cut. I'm already low on Cthun buffers and there are some games where I'm unlucky and haven't even gotten him to 10 attack by turn 8-9 and I have a bunch of dead cards in my hand that suck without Cthun having at least 10 attack. So I can't cut any of them.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also journey below may as well be Xaril 2.0, in the ~10x I've used the card I've gotten Xaril 9x. (of course I probably just jinxed myself)
Yeah I don't know why I heard so many people say that card was shit (including pro streamers). I haven't played with it yet, but it just seems like an amazingly versatile card for Deathrattle Rogues. Even for regular Rogues or combo Rogues, it's a 1 mana combo enabler + Auctioneer draw + Edwin and it allows you to choose whatever fits the current situation. I really wish they would have utilized Discover more in this expansion. It is by far the best mechanic they've ever created.

This is definitely the most fun Hearthstone has ever been for me, save for Closed Beta when it was all new. I really, really hope it stays that way and that if any one deck grows out of control and becomes 85% of the pool that they fix it. I still say Call of the Wild is OP and needs nerfed and I think once more people lose against it out of nowhere they will tend to agree. Kripp thinks so too (not that he's always right, but just sayin'). I'm actually playing constructed for once! And while I've still been doing plenty of arena, it's mostly just because of my craving for packs, even though I've already pretty much crafted everything of use.

Did they hotfix Doomcaller bringing back a dead Hexed Cthun? didn't work for me just now. Or was Gavin just full of shit? There's still the bug where if you still someone's Cthun buffing minion it will continue to buff their Cthun instead of yours, which is the opposite of how everything else like northshire cleric works.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your deck is wildly different from mine but I'd cut a worshipper for a spellbreaker. Also with so many damage effects I'd try and find room for Hogger.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I don't see any reason to craft Xaril. Journey Below gets you him just about every time if you want. Plus it is more versatile that just including a Xaril, because if you draw it late game, you can adjust and take an Anub'arak to sustain your board through trades and clears. It is just awesome.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wish I could also fit in a Shield Slam, but I just don't see what to cut. I'm already low on Cthun buffers and there are some games where I'm unlucky and haven't even gotten him to 10 attack by turn 8-9 and I have a bunch of dead cards in my hand that suck without Cthun having at least 10 attack. So I can't cut any of them.
2x Battle Rage and 2x Acolytes is really overdoing it. I would cut the Battle Rages lest you find yourself losing in Fatigue way too often. Acolyte is better since you get the extra armor if Armorsmith on board.

Best counter to Sylvanas for Warrior will be adding the 2x Shield Slams to clear her for 1 mana easily. Spellbreaker can silence but still loses the trade, bad value.

Crazed Worshippers probably only add +2/+2 in best case and only +1/+1 way too often. I'd swap them out for Disciples which can be used as a draw mechanic in a pinch (on acolyte) but also for more board control. Also Disciple combos with Brann meaning +4/+4 and 4 damage to a target.