Hearthstone

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
changed my mind, the game has never been worse. The new shaman is horseshit and completely unfun to play against, as is the stupid fucking taunt cthun druid. Game shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We all appreciate your thorough analysis.

Just owned a Zoo and a Shaman deck without taking any damage. This deck can dominate from turn 1.
Had a close one against mid-range paladin, because his Tirion shut my final attack down and he was smart enough to not attack with him into the waiting Freeze Trap. So it was time for plan B. Yogg casting Mind Control on Tirion solved that problem.
Sorry, in retrospect I realize I was being a dick. What I meant was, how does the deck win? I've been tinkering with lock and load both before and after whispers, and my experience has generally been that it's just a midrange hunter deck that accomplishes absolutely nothing in a very flashy way. I would just take your deck for a spin but I haven't opened any calls and I'm not ready to dump the dust on crafting them just yet.

the game has never been worse
After giving it some thought, I actually think standard is going to be the worst meta in the history of hearthstone.
lol

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I know the expansion is brand new and the meta hasn't had a chance to settle yet but this is among the worst that the game has ever been. It reminds me of the days of pre-nerf Undertaker completely dominating the meta. But now it's Shaman. The game is simply not fun when 4 out of 5 matches are against aggro shaman.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
It's not like that at all. During pre-nerf Undertaker everyone played hunter. At least this meta has different classes being played

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sorry, in retrospect I realize I was being a dick. What I meant was, how does the deck win?
No hard feelings.
It's a mid-game deck. The deck can really put up a good fight for early board control with On the hunt, arcane shot, traps (bear, snake and freeze - this last one is delicious on a Faceless in overload), animal comp, unleash the hounds and the eaglehorn bow. Midgame try to Lock and Load for 3+ free cards.Call of the Wildis essential, the card is just broken, even more if you can play both back to back. It's my pick for strongest card of the expansion. You won't regret spending dust on it.
If that's not enough, Yogg is good at 2 things: clearing the opponents board (usually also yours though) and refilling your hand. So you start over and should win on card advantage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No hard feelings.
It's a mid-game deck. The deck can really put up a good fight for early board control with On the hunt, arcane shot, traps (bear, snake and freeze - this last one is delicious on a Faceless in overload), animal comp, unleash the hounds and the eaglehorn bow. Midgame try to Lock and Load for 3+ free cards.Call of the Wildis essential, the card is just broken, even more if you can play both back to back. It's my pick for strongest card of the expansion. You won't regret spending dust on it.
If that's not enough, Yogg is good at 2 things: clearing the opponents board (usually also yours though) and refilling your hand. So you start over and should win on card advantage.
Maybe I'll bite the bullet and craft them then.

On an unrelated note, N'Zoth rogue is fun.

rrr_img_132571.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I want to get back into this game, should I just buy packs? Do I need anything from those 2 adventures?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to get back into this game, should I just buy packs? Do I need anything from those 2 adventures?
Adventures are always the most efficient thing to buy with cash, so I'd get BRM and LoE before you started spending cash on packs.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Finally figured out a deck to put Herald Volazj in: super board clear priest with Velen, Ysera, Ragnaros, and looters. If you copy any one of those big guys for even a turn it may just win you the game, or put you so far ahead you will probably win.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Adventures are always the most efficient thing to buy with cash, so I'd get BRM and LoE before you started spending cash on packs.
If you are willing and able to drop the cash, just do all three. BRM/LoE and a big chunk of new packs. Between the cards and dust from duplicates you should be able to put some ladder viable stuff together.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Had a couple of surely salt-generating wins today.

First was with my weird taunts + y'shaarj + soggoth warrior. Vs shaman, he gets me down to like 4 health, but I keep getting armor in small chunks, and he just can't kill me. Y'shaarj comes out and starts summoning things with taunt, and armorsmiths and such. Finally I get a chance to get some damage on him, and get him down to like 10 health (from full) and he concedes, I managed to get a little health back and had tournament medic out at one point too. I finished with like 15 armor and 8 health, god he must have been pissed.

Second one was in the arena, my hunter vs a druid. We're both top decking, I've got 1 health left, he's got out a bog creeper, but I've got minions on board to kill it, and he's down to like 10 health. I trade into the creeper and kill it, and get him down to 4 health... but my top deck was dart trap! Lol, he must have been so pissed when he hero powered to kill me and killed himself instead.

salt-flats-3.jpg

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Gavin Sparkle,

Just test drove a variation of your new fatigue warrior. Won an epic match against Cthun druid. I thought for sure I was dead 2-3 times but just kept pulling out just what was needed. I was down to 4 health and 2 armor once and ended with 23 health and 31 armor. Guy was so deadset on killing me and let me get way too much value from the medic. It was close and needed the brawl to go exactly right but...pulled it off. Whew!

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Power Word Horror is almost playable in this Meta...It hits the shaman and warlock spam hard.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
excavated evil is generally better imo. Keeps argus from buffing stuff out of range and gives the hardcore aggro decks a chance at a relatively dead topdeck.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Trying to think of whatever crazy shit I can in this meta. Illidan + divine shield paladin? 1-1 so far, don't hate lol.

rrr_img_132577.jpg