Hearthstone

Taho

N00b
I was waiting for him to exhaust his removal and/or monkey up before playing Cthun. Then, I played monkey a couple turns after I played Cthun. I used my last removal on his Cthun. I may have been too liberal with my removal use earlier in the game. I was playing this list:

rrr_img_134042.jpg

I used first Brawl on T5. He had AoP and 2 other small minions on board and I had none.
Used second Brawl on T10 when he had Sylvanas and 2 small minions and I had none.
Used Shield Slam 1 on T11 on an Ancient Shieldbearer. This was probably unnecessary.
Used Execute 1 on his Doomcaller on T15. Game is looking good at this point - he has 29 health, I have 47.
Use Execute 2 on his Cthun on T16.
He plays Monkey and Nexus Champ1 on T18.
He plays Nexus Champ2 on T19. I play 16/16 Cthun - kills 1 but leaves the other at 1 health.
T20 he Mulchs my Cthun.
T22 I Monkey. The last undrawn card in my deck is Shield Slam.

So that's what went down. Flame away.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Warrior vs Warrior matchups aren't easy to guage, especially now that Warrior has like 3-4 variations.

Applying pressure is normally better than being defensive. Your Brawl usage is very defensive. Was there any minion you could play instead? When did Justicar drop?

If their board isn't applying much damage then you could opt for a more offensive strategy and save brawl.

You need to identify your win condition and his. If it's a tempo warrior then he wants draw and will continually apply pressure. If it's a control deck then you need to assess if the game will head to fatigue or not and plan accordingly. In these cases, Brawl might never get played and might end up as an extra Legendary after you Monkey. If he drops an AoP and you think it's a fatigue game then removing isn't too critical imo, you might prefer if he draws.

It's a nuanced battle and no straightforward way to play it.

Edit: Your deck also could use some help imo. Firstly, is C'Thun warrior a thing? I played one recently and the killer was Brann+Shieldbearer combo. I'd put in a Brann for sure.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh. It sounds like you just got fucked over by monkey rng, it happens. Pretty hard to beat him getting hard removal from Saraad.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, you can and will get completely fucked over by monkey rng sometimes. I've lost on more than 1 occasion where I had a huge card advantage because my opponent's last card was deathwing or something similar.

But yeah, you also probably didn't take the right approach through the game. While playing any variation of control warrior when you run into another control warrior play the game assuming its going to fatigue. Very rarely do you want to draw, avoid using shield block unless necessary such as to remove a serious threat w/ shield slam or your opponent has board control and you have no play this turn or the following. Early game you don't want to give them free cards with AoP, but late game, when most of their deck is drawn anyway feel free to make them draw as many cards as possible. You need a gorehowl in your deck, 2 fiery win axes is not enough weapon removal. Justicar almost always asap in control matchups, against warrior I'll even keep her in hand.

Just ask yourself before you play anything do I really need to do this? Like in your first brawl scenario aop and two small minions so, what 5-6 damage a turn and you're probably around 30 health, you can "heal" 2 a turn, is it really that threatening? Don't think you're getting value denying draw from the aop, it'll likely help him in the long run.

Taho

N00b
Just ask yourself before you play anything do I really need to do this? Like in your first brawl scenario aop and two small minions so, what 5-6 damage a turn and you're probably around 30 health, you can "heal" 2 a turn, is it really that threatening? Don't think you're getting value denying draw from the aop, it'll likely help him in the long run.
Yeah, good points. My thought process was, yeah, deny him draw and also that you don't get that many good Brawl opportunities against other Control Warriors. I think the main thing I was missing was that those cards become other resources later after Monkey, so I shouldn't feel like I have to play them now. Anyhow, thanks all for the feedback.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I've won a game yet against miracle rogue this season...I was 0-5 against it tonight.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I've won a game yet against miracle rogue this season...I was 0-5 against it tonight.
As what deck?

If they get a minion to stick then it's going to be tough since they can Cold Blood --> Attack --> Conceal and then attack again.

Miracle Rogue is a top tier deck atm but definitely beatable by most classes.

Most classes should be bringing AoE removal, you need to plan for the conceal turn or remove everything asap and get taunt up after they conceal. Try to burn their saps asap so your taunt sticks.

Hunter can try to hang on to Deadly Shot / Freezing trap or use Call of the Wild for the taunt.
Warrior does well vs Rogue normally since tons of armor can counter their damage, also hang on to Brawl if you can
Mage can save Flamestrike / Blizzard / Nova
Paladin can Equal/Cons or Pyro/Equal, also taunts/heals
Shaman have lots of taunts, also Lightning storm

Doomsayer on a key turn could delay their plans too or burn a sap.

Sometimes you just can't win if they get their Auctioneer early and dig through their entire deck. 5 losses in a row is rough, I'm sure there had to be some way you could have won a couple of those at least.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was playing priest.

In all 5 games I had their board clear, then it's the auctioneer play and I have no way to deal with it. I don't have an aoe that does 4 damages, and they always conceal it. Fuck I had a guy conceal it 3 turns in a row in one game. 2 turns is common with either 2 conceals or the one they get from Xaril.

It's the only deck that gives me this much trouble with such consistency.

Last night sucks because I played so many of them, I usually don't encounter that many at the rank I'm at 11 right now.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Need to have Auch+Circle, or insta-concede. Priest isn't too good without Lightbomb atm

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I am 40 wins or so from 500 on my priest.

I will get it even if it kills me and complain while I do it.
smile.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep hearing priest is in a bad spot this expansion, yet I can't stop running into priests. I imagine its getting wrecked by the rampant zoo, shaman, hunter and aggro warrior, but the moment I queue up control warrior I'm going to run into one.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this game.

Not getting Legend, OW Monday, playing Renounced Warlock till then
biggrin.png

(I suck at Hearthstone)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Priest has some ok matchups, but they got fucked harder than any other class by gvg and naxx rotating out. I've done ok with N'Zoth priest but C'thun priest has been very hit or miss, although I've built up some ridiculously large C'thuns that would even put a druid to shame.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The deck is my own, not a netdeck. It's a little bit greedy Dragon C'thun priest.
smile.png

It's fun to play, doesn't make really big C'thun, usually around 10-14 max.

It runs a lot of taunts 8, 9 if Twin Emperor battlecry goes off which usually does and 2 Escavated Evil.

It's not a top tier deck, but it's mine and I like playing it over netdecks, even though it's not as good.
smile.png

The only deck that gives me a lot of problem is Miracle Rogue as I said.

I'm not the best at making my own decks, because I tend to make greedy decks that play cards I like rather than the most efficient ones.
smile.png

Unless opponent curves out perfectly, or I curve out horribly...I feel I have a chance to win most games...which is all I want, a good match.
smile.png