Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Call of the Wild in general makes no fucking sense. Three animal companions would cost nine mana. Why is there a one mana discount to get all three at once? The ostensible purpose of Animal Companion being so cheap to cast compared to the stat/effect lines on the minons (other than class card) was because you couldn't control which one you would get. I know hunter was starting to struggle in the meta but that shit goes in cycles anyway. How did they design that card and consider it a good idea? I'm not even being salty about the card, but since its been brought up here, its fairly bullshit for eight mana when you break it down.

Yeah, doesn't make sense. Lost to a Shaman yesterday who did 19 damage from an empty board and a Rogue today who did like 23 (deckhand, coldblood x 2, faceless, dagger) again from an empty board. Now obviously, these combos are deep in the game and my slow deck is giving them the time to draw the pieces.
Well, miracle rogue shenanigans are nothing new either, but they've taken out the tools that helped push back against the archetype. I feel like they threw the baby out with the bathwater in some ways with the standard rotation, yeah we ditched broken shit like shredder and boom but also removed some good tech tools that made perfect sense for balancing the HS environment.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The game NEEDS a consistent, powerful neutral heal. Maybe healbot was too much, but earthen ring is not enough. Apothecary is junk.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The game NEEDS a consistent, powerful neutral heal. Maybe healbot was too much, but earthen ring is not enough. Apothecary is junk.
Agreed. Not that Apothecary is junk, I think it's "okay", but not good. Agree that the game needs a *neutral* consistent heal. I always said Healbot was op, even when it was spoiled, but it allowed for a healthier meta. Would be nice to have something similar that isn't contingent on the board, since that doesn't really matter in many cases. Something that did a 5 point heal on a battlecry and a 5 point heal on its deathrattle would be excellent.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Call of the Wild smells a lot like Mysterious Challenger to me. Single card with huge mana savings that is non-Legendary so turns out to be a little too consistent. Call gets you 4/2, 2/4, 4/4 for 10/10 in stats?

Edit: Oops you get 2 more power from Leokk.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Call is good for sure and comparable to MC, except it's 2 more mana and doesn't thin your deck, so not as OP imo. The similarity with the decks is Secret Pal and the Hunter decks both rely on a super sturdy early game. Hunter has the tools to trade well and maintain board control.

Also the problem with both is once they are out of steam it's tough to recoup. Hunter does have an advantage with Hero power and more burst spells.

MC still more OP just cause of the draw and cheaper

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its certainly not as bad as MC, I just thought the mana cost of the card is completely out of wack per the value. Why do they release such broken ass cards?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Standard hunter compares pretty directly to pre-nerf combo druid. Both decks revolve around keeping board pressure on with aggressive sticky minions so that combo/call is that much more dangerous. Main difference is midrange hunter has a lot more staying power, but doesn't have the draw suite and ability to cheat the curve that combo druid had.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think they really care about broken cards. I've never seen them adjust the meta for a broken card unless it completely ruined the meta. Call doesn't do that. It's not even close. After the Dr. 6 meta, it's mild in comparison. It helps a broken hero actually get played. Who would play hunter without Call? No one. Seriously, no one. I don't think the game needs a powerful neutral heal either. It has variations if you are willing to alter your deck for them. Which class is having difficulty because of not having this heal?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We're not talking about aggro, we're talking about midrange hunter. Let me know when you get past rank 18.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was talking about this. Your idiotic comment about the better staying power of hunter already made me move past that conversation. I'm well past 18 but i don't play all day every day like you. I would think you would be playing legend like other guys who are always playing the game. Practice supposedly makes perfect or at least better?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was talking about this. Your idiotic comment about the better staying power of hunter already made me move past that conversation. I'm well past 18 but i don't play all day every day like you. I would think you would be playing legend like other guys who are always playing the game. Practice supposedly makes perfect or at least better?
Except I don't play all day every day. And you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to hunter.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I have been messing around with ramp Druid and Soggoth the Slitherer has really over preformed. Even at 9 mana a 5/9 hexproof taunt is very relevant to the meta as Rogue, tempo warrior, and tempo mage can't really deal with it effectively. As to ramp druid itself... Doesn't feel especially strong, especially with saps and executes everywhere. It does feel stronger than C'thun Druid but since that deck was never good, I'm feeling druid is in a tough spot.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Finally done with golden Warrior, 4 down now (Warlock Hunter Paladin). 1235 wins total to finish the rest. I'll probably do Mage next, though I feel like it's a really good time to work on Shaman.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Question for the board. I am currently missing a number of standard Legendary cards that have made a comeback since the release of Standard. Are these now my main targets for crafting with dust since they will never rotate out? It seems to me crafting tech cards like Harrison and Leeroy are much more valuable now because they will always be available for use.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't go so far as to say they will never rotate out but they should be valid for a long time. I bet they go the Magic The Gathering route in time and will rotate things in and out of the base set.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As far as neutrals go, I'd consider Thalnos, Harrison, Cairne, Sylvanas, and Rag permanent staples for standard, with Alex and Black Knight being borderline. A case could be made for Harrison being borderline, since shaman might fall right back out of the meta once TGT rotates out, but at the very least Harrison will be a staple for another year.

And no, I don't see them ever rotating classic cards out, or if they do resort to that, it will be several years down the road at which point you'll have gotten plenty of value out of any dust you spend now.