Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I mean they just adjusted a few basic cards with the intention of always having basic cards in rotation. If it comes it won't be for a long time.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Order of crafting should probably go:
1- Sylvanas
2- Ragnaros
3- Harrison Jones

After those three, it really is what deck you want to play and you craft class legendaries towards that. Like I'd say Tirion is more important than any neutral Legendary if you want to play paladin, and warrior doesn't really work without Grommash. But on the flipside you can play priest or hunter without any class legendaries at all.

After essential class legendaries I'd say it goes:
4- Thalnos
5- Leeroy
6- Alex
7- Cairne
8- Black Knight

Order depending on whether you want to play rogue or mage more (freeze mage needs Alex more than Thalnos but wants both, rogue wants thalnos and leeroy).

Taho

N00b
I was thinking a little bit more about Call of the Wild. I think that perhaps its closest comparison is Al'Akir. They are both 8 mana and have a charge and taunt. Al'akir also has windfury and shield, but Call of the Wild has 3 distinct bodies and isn't even legendary. In a vacuum, which do you think is more powerful... the class legendary or the class epic? Seems like 9 out of 10 times, I'd rather play Call of the Wild unless you are comboing Rockbiter and Al'akir for lethal.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Cant compare them. Al'Akir has been in Shaman decks that want to do 12-18 damage burst. Call can never do insane damage when it's played. Most would be 5 unless you plan to add 2x Bestial Wrath for the 9 damage burst lol.

Al'Akir serves a specific purpose and doing burst damage from hand is more problematic than adding bodies to board. You can play around 1 but not the other (easily).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except, just like force/roar, call gets significantly more dangerous when you cast it with minions already on the board, which is why I've been comparing midrange hunter to combo druid. Call is stronger than force/roar was in some ways, since it's only 1 card instead of 2 and it's never a dead draw since the minions are permanent. So yeah, you can't burst your opponent down as easily, but very few cards in the format can swing the board as dramatically as call.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I agree, I was saying it cant be compared to Al'Akir.
Burst from hand is still bullshit imo. Call is powerful but at least I can queue up a board clear to deal with it after.
Even if all 3 Companions attacked, it's still less damage than Force+Roar, and a ton less than Double Roar.

Also, if Aggro and Infusion shaman decks weren't so good atm, I'd bet Al'Akir would see play again. Maybe he does see play again anyway. Especially in Infusion shaman where you can get free Flametongues and even use Infusion on Al'Akir himself.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Al'akir is essentially dogshit and certainly not comparable to the power level of CotW right now.

The card is called PrimalFusion, by the way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just got my ass kicked by a dumpster rank legend player running fucking lightspawn. jesus fucking christ.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overwatch launches tonight? Wonder if this will affect the HS population at all, like thinning out many casual players and leaving harder to win matches.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Highly unlikely Overwatch pulls people away from HS permanently. HS has so many players it won't be noticeable. Heroes of the Storm on the other hand I believe has already taken a big hit since the Overwatch beta weekend and I think HotS is going to lose a lot of its player base to Overwatch.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would agree based on my huge experience of playing HoTS for a couple hours and Overwatch for zero hours. They at least share similarities in reflex and cat-herding skills.

From my experience, D3 and Hearthstone might overlap the most. From a "collect shit" standpoint, I guess. IDK, I was at least a bit annoyed that D3's S6 coincided with Hearthstone's WoG expansion.

rad

Lord of Guk
I just got my ass kicked by a dumpster rank legend player running fucking lightspawn. jesus fucking christ.
Isn't this a little much to get triggered about? Unless you're pushing top 100 most of the time when you hit legend you spend the rest of the season theory-crafting.

In a meta light on silence, not surprised to hear folks testing out LS again.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would agree based on my huge experience of playing HoTS for a couple hours and Overwatch for zero hours. They at least share similarities in reflex and cat-herding skills.

From my experience, D3 and Hearthstone might overlap the most. From a "collect shit" standpoint, I guess. IDK, I was at least a bit annoyed that D3's S6 coincided with Hearthstone's WoG expansion.
That's what finished D3 for me. I had played every season till then. With Overwatch coming out now on top of that, why bother

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't this a little much to get triggered about? Unless you're pushing top 100 most of the time when you hit legend you spend the rest of the season theory-crafting.

In a meta light on silence, not surprised to hear folks testing out LS again.
It's a trash card. I'm not even talking about a divine spirit combo. He beat my ass with a plain old lightspawn because I couldn't draw spellbreaker, truesilver, or an equality, and lightspawns are immune to the double aldor+humility I had in hand. That's why I'm rustled.

Krag

Peasant
Another factor is that there's a shitload of people playing Hearthstone on tablets/phones casually. It's doubtful Overwatch will make any difference on that segment.

I had been elevator'ing a bit the last two days around rank seven and I was afraid that hitting five this season might be a slog, but going 11-2 tonight on a pretty standard midrange hunter fixed that quickly. For all the lamenting early after Old Gods about hunter being crap, it seems in a pretty decent spot.

Taho

N00b
Grats to you. Hit 8 about 3 days into the season, but have just hovered around 7-10 since then. Better hit up some Shaman or something to get to 5. I don't know why I care so much, but I do. I find I'm much happier when I barely play.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's the list i used to hit legend this season. I'm really not much of a warrior player but I found most success with it over the other decks i messed with like aggro shaman and midrange hunter.
rrr_img_134470.jpg