Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
5 mana seems to be the slot where aggro decks avoid taking the card (belcher/healbot). Cards that are anti-aggro and cheaper would just find themselves in aggro decks, too.

Aggro is never going away. That's a good thing. I would surely hate for every game to be decided on who nags their C'Thun first. That meta is probably more frustrating... playing a great game just to get out RNG'd in the end.

I think biggest issue is board clears don't match the ability to refill the board. Clears are way too expensive. It's been a constant issue in this game. If board clears were cheaper than the deathrattle/sticky meta would never have been so bad. Right now it's a problem drawing clears in time, then gaining initiative after the clear. With expensive clears like Flamestrike, Blizzard, Twisting Nether, or even Nova, Brawl, ExEvil you rarely have enough extra mana to play a decent minion (6+ mana).

Doubt Blizz ever changes their mindset on it, but imo that's biggest problem. My decklist above has 6 AoE clears/dmg... but they are all rather expensive, except doomsayer. Even with so many clears it's not always enough or it's just too late.
Board clears, now or even with your proposed change, need hard tech counters. I hate playing control decks where you play on-curve minions and they just keep clearing them, mostly through board clears. It's one-sided uninteractive bullshit play and if you want more tech against aggro, I want clearly defined tech against board clears. And no, that's not just vomitting out more minions, I agree that is just as demoralizing to the control player.

BGH is an excellent example of a tech choice if you were seeing lots of control decks, but it's for big minions only. Give me something that punishes board clears and I think balance has a chance.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Board clears, now or even with your proposed change, need hard tech counters. I hate playing control decks where you play on-curve minions and they just keep clearing them, mostly through board clears. It's one-sided uninteractive bullshit play and if you want more tech against aggro, I want clearly defined tech against board clears. And no, that's not just vomitting out more minions, I agree that is just as demoralizing to the control player.

BGH is an excellent example of a tech choice if you were seeing lots of control decks, but it's for big minions only. Give me something that punishes board clears and I think balance has a chance.
Agreed. I think "Board Clears" like Twisting Nether have to remain expensive, but if you just have cheaper "deal 2, 3, 4, 5" damage AOE, it's fine.. because most expensive minions have enough health to survive the damage.

Won't happen though.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Rogues absolutely need a early taunt since we don't have any in class healing. We have to rely on farseers for healing at these moment. There are no good early taunts to push away damage from face. We can deal somewhat with early taunts such as shadow strike, backstab, evis and sap.

In fact, before deathlord was rotated out, the only two classes that used the card was priests and rogues (as far as I remembered).
Edit: However if they printed a good card that was a neutral early taunt that cannot be targeted by hero power and spells like faerie dragon; that would be backbreaking for Rogues.

Bleh, hit reply instead on edit.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think the meta is as healthy as it's ever been. Sure, there are issues but haven't there always been? Less BS instant kill decks, much more tempo and midrange than many previous seasons. I dont find lots of warr, zoo, and shaman to be any different than too much pally, hunter, patron, zoo, etc. I like that Warr has a valid aggro, tempo, and control version. I like that Shammy has the same. If they can improve a few classes just a bit, it will be awesome. I'd like to see them finally get a control hunter. Might never happen but would be pretty cool.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
eh? Meta is good when the top decks require thought/skill to win. All of them right now are "play what you got".

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the majority of the decks in the meta atm are basically the equivalent of button mashing eddy in tekken.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I said 'can'. Yes, the majority of the decks have sped up to out compete the rest of the meta. I think this is a direct result of there not being enough types of tech cards. So, now, to push out control or even just slower decks, you don't tech in hate for that type, you just speed up.

I'll still take this meta over a control based one. Yes, it can feel quite rewarding to know you made all the right choices in a win, but it's just not worth the length of the game and multitude of ropes.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I said 'can'. Yes, the majority of the decks have sped up to out compete the rest of the meta. I think this is a direct result of there not being enough types of tech cards. So, now, to push out control or even just slower decks, you don't tech in hate for that type, you just speed up.

I'll still take this meta over a control based one. Yes, it can feel quite rewarding to know you made all the right choices in a win, but it's just not worth the length of the game and multitude of ropes.
Exactly. This game has a massive amount of rng. People hate it except when they win a wild game with it. A control based environment where the games take forever and you still can get screwed by rng? No thank you. There's plenty of decks that require some thought to play correctly. Hell, many shammy decks need you to hero power often and adjust from there. Hunter really doesn't win before turn 8 and usually not then. We have the same 3-4 types of aggro decks than rustle jimmies. The rest is pretty solid for this game.

Column_sl

shitlord
For the last year ,or so it feels like two development teams are working on this game.

One team that makes some pretty cool additions, and the other whose sole purpose is to destroy everything the first team has done.

Team B always wins

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Perhaps the worst Brawl ever. 8 games in a row of complete shit while my opponents get 3-4 Offensive Plays and ridiculous combos like Illidan. I just get a ton of Yogg Sarons and 10 mana Legendaries and no Offensive Plays to be seen. Right now I have 7 Leeroys in my hand and haven't seen a single Offensive Play. So, so very dumb. Oh look, a deck full of Gazlowes and Maexnas for the 2nd time. Another game where my main legendary is Shifter Zerus so it doesn't work, have 4 of them in my hand. Oh look, third game where my opponent gets 3 Old Murk Eye and offensive play on turn 1. That's always a good game... Oh look a 2nd game with 5 Gruuls in my hand. Oh, a hand full of Reno Jacksons, oh a hand full of Justicars, handful of regular Nat Pagles...awesome. Lol fucking dumbest brawl ever. 0-11 thanks to RNG. Pretty sweet. Absolutely zero plays I could make to win any of those games. Maybe one day I'll get some legendaries that aren't 10 mana and aren't Cho/Zerus/Gruul? Maybe, just maybe. 15 games in and I've yet to be one of the many people I've played against that get turn 1 Offensive Play + Gormok/Old Murkeye etc. Cursed I guess. Also yet to draw 2 Offensive Plays in one game, unlike my many opponents that seem to get 2 within the first 3 turns lol. Worst example of bad RNG I have seen in a Brawl so far.

Word to the wise: Just concede if you don't get at least 2 of the same <6 mana cost legendary in your opening hand.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Want some advice guys. Getting new legend in two weeks and which would you get first? Yogg, Malkorok, Fandral, or Eadric? I'm leaning towards Yogg but Malk is so damn powerful and Fandral is so damn handy(dont have Cenarius though). I don't really have a preferred hero in that mix and none are necessary for a deck either. Throw out your best arguments.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If the choice is between those four then definitely Malkorok. The only consistent Yogg decks are druid, and you'll want both Yogg and Fandral for those. Eadric is a waste of dust.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Want some advice guys. Getting new legend in two weeks and which would you get first? Yogg, Malkorok, Fandral, or Eadric? I'm leaning towards Yogg but Malk is so damn powerful and Fandral is so damn handy(dont have Cenarius though). I don't really have a preferred hero in that mix and none are necessary for a deck either. Throw out your best arguments.
Fandral hands down. Yogg is just for fun 95% of the time. Malkorok only really fits in niche Warrior lists. Is Eadric even used? Fandral is jesus. Are you missing any classic legendaries? better to spend on them first. Edit: haven't been playing much constructed so if Gavin says Malkorok is used a lot more nowadays than yeah, I'd say Malkorok.

Are Pirate lists still using Skycaptain? He's the only reason I didn't craft Malkorok because I wanted him for that deck specifically. I was missing Greenskin, Skypcaptain and Malkorok so making pirates a month ago would have cost me 4800 dust alone. Crafted Greenskin since then, but if I don't need Skycaptain or Malk I wouldn't mind crafting one or the other to play pirates. It's been since the first 3 days of WoG release that I've played.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Thanks guys! Gav, I thought Malk was the best option but been wanting to do the rng madness of Yogg. Will stick with what gets me to 5 though. Tempo already strong without so might as well make it stronger.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
lol @ tempo warrior being niche.

*edit*

Guess I didn't need to be a dick about it, but yeah Malkorok is a staple for tempo warrior.
Dude, well done. That's the first time I've ever seen you try not to be a dick. It's not that hard is it? I said I haven't played since 3 days after release, when Malkorok was only used in Pirates. I immediately yielded to you when you said Malkorok, so yeah, be cool bro. Now answer my Pirate question
smile.png

Omg it's a miracle. 15 Brawl games in and I get 2 offensive plays in my opening hand and 2 Emperor Thaurasians and I can actually utilize the combo that this brawl is supposed to be about. ABSOLUTE MIRACLE!! Now I wonder if you use Offensive Play on the same legendary twice if it gets reduced by 6, making my Emperors cost 0, couldn't tell because he conceded. If anyone plays Offensive Play x2 on the same Legendary, let us know.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, in fact, not being a dick is actually quite hard for me. Anyway, pirate doesn't use greenskin, skycap, or malkorok. Pirate warrior looks roughly like this. I'm not a huge fan of the Champ/Faerie package, but it's the best way to curve the deck. No real better options for 2 drops, which means you'd be jumping up to things like horserider and wolfrider, which puts a lot of strain on your curve.

Warrior - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I got Mukla and offensive play in opener and 2 more Muklas in quick succession. It was pretty disgusting. Turn 4 he was already discarding and near death. Still a pretty awful TB. Glad Im done til next week.