Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dropping a hammer and a faceless, the burst spells, the horseriders, abusives. Also add a primal fusion, bloodlust, two TB valiants, fire elemental....you can do a lightning bolt instead of the fire elemental but I'm sold on the elemental after having played this list.

Aggro

Midrange aka Totem shaman

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will give the mid range a go. It does seem better able to handle a wider range of situations with less random.

Thank you.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love it, it might take some practice to really get it going but I've had good win rates with it in the new meta. You have to think a turn or two ahead to maximize your curve and best manage overload, but once you have it down it gets pretty intuitive.

Krag

Peasant
Another thing I often played wrongly early on is that sometimes you just have to drop the valiant even if you don't get to totem immediately. It's not that easy to remove and effectively has soft taunt.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got my first 12-0 with this deck:

2016-06-26.png

Ethereal Conjurers were the star, basically always pulling spells the deck was sorely lacking(mid to large removal). That being said, last night must have been retard bracket time. The whole run, I was consecrated once. That's the entirety of board clears I faced. I'm also really surprised my lack of 2 drops didn't bite me in the ass.

Wish there were some cosmetic rewards for arena. Something like being able to use your goldens in arena and maybe you get a special portrait for going 12 wins X amount of times? IDK.

Krag

Peasant
Congratulations. I very rarely play arena these days, but I can only agree there should be some cosmetic rewards there too. Just an animated portrait of a different color for some amount of arena wins would be nice (and not very resource demanding).

I think they've said they want to enable golden cards in arena, but how many years that feature takes to develop is anyone's guess.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arena should have always counted towards golden portraits in the first place. Its at least as competitive as ranked, if not harder to amass win numbers in bulk versus just spamming ladder games.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So sub out the 3 damage for the storms and what is subbed out for the hexs? I would guess the +3 to attack til end of turn?
Got to 5 with midrange hunter. There really wasn't a bad matchup that I faced and changing to 2 explosive trap really put it over the edge. I should have hit 5 a week ago but never felt in a hurry. Only 2 losses after rank 10. Definitely a valid option for next month's grind until I hit golden.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else noticing a trend with one of decks? Pain in the ass when they reset to 30. Been seeing more and more of those.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reno can be annoying to play against for sure, but trying to play those decks you'll have plenty of games where you don't draw him before you get killed.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else noticing a trend with one of decks? Pain in the ass when they reset to 30. Been seeing more and more of those.
You're probably just seeing more of them because its the end of the month so people already hit the rank they wanted to and are just dicking around. Reno decks are fun and with one of, they usually have an answer for everything, but for that same reason they are also inconsistent because its difficult having the right answer at the right time. Had a rogue quest this morning so I busted out my old reno/c'thun/n'zoth rogue deck I played when whispers launched and I forgot how much fun the deck is. Most decks get boring/play themselves; this deck offers so many different scenarios no two games are the same. I just today added sir finley to it as well so thats just another thing that spices it up.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You're probably just seeing more of them because its the end of the month so people already hit the rank they wanted to and are just dicking around. Reno decks are fun and with one of, they usually have an answer for everything, but for that same reason they are also inconsistent because its difficult having the right answer at the right time. Had a rogue quest this morning so I busted out my old reno/c'thun/n'zoth rogue deck I played when whispers launched and I forgot how much fun the deck is. Most decks get boring/play themselves; this deck offers so many different scenarios no two games are the same. I just today added sir finley to it as well so thats just another thing that spices it up.
Yep. Been testing a Reno/Nzoth Shammy for just this time of the month.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure someone who plays a lot more than me by now must have tested otk priest and determined its not ladder viable, but doing a priest daily today and my first 3 games with it the decks seems extremely viable. Granted I'm around rank 10 after fucking around the second half of this month, but people at that rank still have top tier decks, they may just not know how to execute with them. First game was against control priest, not even a contest really I was able to hold board control and then hit him for 20 damage from hand. I barely lost the second game to zoo because I didn't draw either excavated evils and he drew leeroy+po+soulfire. And third game was against mid-range shaman he was at 30 hp and I had the entire otk combo in hand on turn 9, (2 mind blasts, 1 flash heal, embrace the shadow, velen all reduced by 1). I would absolutely be shelving hs for the day if someone pulled that on me, lol.

I know 3 games means nothing, but I'm surprised it worked at all.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
OTK priest has never been ladder viable it's too gimmicky and priest lost too many of it's board control options in standard. Plus, you didn't face the one class dominating ladder that can just armor up out of OTK range.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished the quest going 5-2.
I agree(d?), but I'm really surprised at how easy it is to pull off/how consistent it has been in doing 20-30 damage from hand turn 9/10. I never expected to get the dream by turn 9 my third game and 2/7 games. And I had at least 20 points of damage from hand by turn 10 6/7 games, game 7 was aggro shaman, so I'm not sure it even went to turn 10.

Win 4 I had 30 points of damage from hand turn 9, but my opponent was a warrior and had 32 health so I played justicar instead and won the following turn after he axed my justicar. Win 5 was against paladin and I had 30 points of damage from hand on turn 10(only 20 was needed). The other two wins were with 20 points of damage from hand.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've never played the deck, maybe I'll dust off my Velen, but it sounds like a freeze mage with less card draw. How many cards do you need in your hand and discounted by turn 9?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Velen, Embrace, and 3 out of 4 flash heal/mind blast.

I'd say mulligan aggressively for nsc and loot hoarder, don't keep pw:s unless you also have a low cost minion to play it on. If you're able to actually draw cards with a nsc I'd say your chances of getting the dream early on increase significantly.

Does seem like a freeze mage, but you have some minions for board contention to stall rather than freezes. Aggro is probably a bad matchup, but particularly so if you don't have auchenai/coh early on.

Deck list I was using
Priest - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

Edit - Played 4 more games with it and went 2-2, both losses against aggressive starts that killed me turn 7/8 fortunately for them as I did have 20 damage and 30 damage in hand those games that would have been coming turn 9/10 also. So far that makes it the most consistent deck I've fucked around with the 2nd half of this month, that that doesn't account for much considereing I went from 5 to 12!, but it brought me back to 9, heh.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure most of you don't care, but I've just started playing about 2 weeks ago and got my first 12 win run in arena today!
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
One loss was my own disconnect.

In my excitement, forgot to take a 2nd screenshot to get entire decklist, but the notable ones are: 3 flamestrikes, 2 faceless summoners, boulderfist ogre, corrupted seer and a fossilized devilsaur. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else, but those were the big cards.

I thought my weak early game would bite me in the ass, but I was always able to hold on enough until my mid/late game cards took over. 3 flamestrikes is clearly ridiculous, and I had a few spots where I'd sort of 'blow' the first one on just 2 creatures to bait them into going wide after and then hit them with the 2nd one in my hand :-D.

I even cast a total of 4 flamestrikes (thx ethereal conjurer) in one game, felt bad for my opponent.

The craziest game though, by far, was one at 10 wins against another mage. He had duplicate secret, killed his servant of yogg and cleared the board. The first copy he cast did elemental destruction and cleared the 2 minions he had out (I had none). The 2nd one cast naturalize when his servant was only minion out, so he killed it and I drew 2. That was definitely the turning point of that game and shows why I really dislike that card. Even if one of them had stuck, I still think I was in a decent spot to win the game, had a flamestrike in hand when he did all that, that I never ended up using.

edit: oh, and since that run, I've had 7, 9 and 8 win runs. They weren't all insane like this one, so I think I'm starting to get into a much better spot with regards to arena. My previous best before today was only 7 wins, and I was averaging in the 3-4 range.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, I care plenty. It was months before I got my first 12 win run and arena drafting was a lot simpler during vanilla. Very impressive.