Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Still, 2 hours on an alt account vs 20$ I'll take the 2 hours every time

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still, 2 hours on an alt account vs 20$ I'll take the 2 hours every time
Yeah now that I think about it, I guess all the alternate heroes are just a minor change to the hero power animation and that's it. Still salty that I missed Khadgar.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was pretty quick, and it doesn't have to be a brand new account, just one that hasn't hit 20. I had a few alt accounts from raf stuff in hots and getting the fireside card back that I used. It was already level 10 and a single arena run finished it for me.
Cool, I have an alt account in hots too that already did a couple of the tutorial levels in hs. I will probably do this then.

Taho

N00b
I started a new account for the hero. Got mage up to level 11 so far. One question: Shouldn't I have Cthun in my collection?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hit rank 5, now I have to wait 18 days for my new, shiny gold cards. Climbed the last few ranks fairly quickly with c'thun warrior.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who is the team coming up with the brawls? "We heard you like RNG so we put some random in your randomization so you can get fucked while you're fucked." At least make the spells be something of the same cost as the minions.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
lol.. get malganis from bane of doom as rogue, have 2 stealths from xaril and MOD. That must of been fun for that guy...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hit rank 5, now I have to wait 18 days for my new, shiny gold cards. Climbed the last few ranks fairly quickly with c'thun warrior.
I was thinking about this earlier. Unless you specifically want a random epic gold card, wouldn't playing arena instead of climbing 10 -> 5 give you more effective dust?

Yes, I realize a lot of people hate arena. I play both but I can't stand the anxiety of hitting a certain rank(even if 5 is relatively easy) and the constructed meta. I guess this is a question for people who only freely play both.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of shiny new gold cards, got a golden antonidas from my brawl pack.

But yeah, you may be right deathwing, but I'm not big on arena any longer, I'll do one every once in awhile and that's it. Usually when I have a bunch of class quests for classes I don't want to play on ladder. That's 400 dust if you didn't want to keep the epic card though and if its one you'll actually use that is 1600 dust you saved. No clue what the average dust rate is for an arena run, somewhere ~100 maybe? I can go from 10 to 5 quicker than doing 4 arena runs. I know I should do more arena runs to get more gold/dust quicker, but I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
1600 dust saved only if you are crafting golden epics. I consider it 400 dust saved only if I get an epic that's playable in the current meta and I don't have two regular copies of already.

It's an interesting math exercise that I have admittedly not even begun to seriously consider. Was just feeling out what other people thought just in terms of dust. I find ranking up to r10 then just blowing the rest on arena runs much less stressful(relatively, still Hearthstone...) than hitting r5. The whole "I could have have been done with this hours ago had I just won a few more games and streaked through r6" really annoys me. Probably just the engineer part of me.

What do you consider 4 arena runs...~8 hours?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm grinding to 5 in wild this season instead of standard. Pretty fun so far, using a mix of murloc pal and n'zoth warrior.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wild's not bad at all, especially now that the PTSD effects from boom/shredder/MC/sci are more in the past. Its only going to get more and more interesting as sets continue to rotate in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This brawl is awful, but I did get legendaries in back to back packs today (N'Zoth and Cho, Cho wasn't a dupe) so I'm satisfied.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
1600 dust saved only if you are crafting golden epics. I consider it 400 dust saved only if I get an epic that's playable in the current meta and I don't have two regular copies of already.
Yeah, I was talking as if gold cards are my end game. I already have any card I want, I just want more gold cards.

What do you consider 4 arena runs...~8 hours?
Yeah, thats probably fairly accurate. I feel ya with the "I could be done with this hours ago" thing, 6 to 5 can be very frustrating sometimes.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've busted out laughing 3 times through two games with this brawl. This is hilarious shit.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much. It is intended as a way to reward you for inviting a friend to play the game.

But you can just RAF yourself. Play through the god awful tutorial, then unlock the 9 Classes. Then you just have to get 11 more levels. In reality, if you play the mage to 5 doing the Unlock class process, then swap to another, you will have 16-17 levels. So just do a couple of regular matches or your freebie arena run. Takes maybe 3 hours to do it all, while playing WoW or watching a movie in another tab.
Oh, will my main account get it then too? Ok, that's cool then, I thought just the new account got it. i.e. there was no way to get it on existing accounts.