Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Wait are you playing standard decks or not?

giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Turn 1 spirit claws, turn 3 Tuscarr w/ can you guess? fuck this shaman BS.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I made it as high as 12 and then decided to try a Priest deck and lost 5 straight before finally beating a Warrior. I played Dragon Priest which is pretty fun.

Priest really only needs a couple of really good late game cards to compete I think. I did great until mid-late game when Call of the Wild or some other crazy card upends everything.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I made it as high as 12 and then decided to try a Priest deck and lost 5 straight before finally beating a Warrior. I played Dragon Priest which is pretty fun.

Priest really only needs a couple of really good late game cards to compete I think. I did great until mid-late game when Call of the Wild or some other crazy card upends everything.

Priest needs lightbomb, velen's chosen, and deathlord back, or something similar to be viable.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Priest really only needs a couple of really good late game cards to compete I think.

In this meta priest needs early game minions more than late game. Even with Velen's and Lightbomb the class struggles many times. Wild is a mix of old and new and those tools only go so far when you risk getting completely out tempovalued for the first 3 or 4 turns.

I've played a good bit of dragon, and you can steal some games for sure. Its just generally a bit restricted in how you can curve out and then even when you do get good early draws you're burdened by the dragon activator mechanic. Even dragon war doesn't tend to get as bogged down by missing a dragon to activate, since its also filled with super high value class stuff.

You look at the top cancerous shit, shaman/hunter/dragonwar, they all have ways to draw into these insane value curves from turn one onward. Priest just doesn't have any way to keep up with that. Bookwyrm is a great card but it also shows how limited SW: Pain is, you remove something, great, but you do nothing else for your board state with it and in this environment that's death. Bookwyrm leaves a body as well, but it comes on turn six, takes over half a turn even if you had ten mana AND is restricted to holding another dragon.

At least Warrior and even kinda Paladin have some pretty strong and valued control tools. Priest can barely scrape that together anymore. It helps that weapons are insanely more valuable than priest removal spells. And of course execute is redic. Even equality is pretty nuts compared to SW: Death in some ways, despite being a combo.

The only remotely overpowered thing priest has going for it is entomb, and even then in this meta its sorta like....ok you spent six mana (most or all of your turn) for a minion you may never see again, meanwhile I've got more goodies to shit out while you didn't create any real board threat.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Granted I am new still but wow I can not close people out with the Dragon Priest. Freaking brutal. Lost 5 more in a row til I ran into another Priest and killed him 30 - 0. Of the ones I lost I was winning until some game changing card like Reno or Alextrazza or Yogg. Had people at under 5 health for like 5 turns and couldn't kill them. Blah.

Dragon Warrior, Midrange Hunter and even my crappy mage deck all win pretty regularly. Oh also the few times I played Agro Shaman it won way more than it lost.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I signed up and got into the Eternal beta yesterday.. the game is, so far, exactly what most MTG fans were hoping hearthstone would have been.
I highly suggest people sign up on their site in case more beta keys go out soon, or for the open beta that's coming up at some point. This is the game LSV, chapin, michael jacob, matt nass, etc.. have all been working on for the last few years.

Thanks for the suggestion, went ahead and signed up. I uninstalled HS from my PC and even my phone recently. I still sort of enjoy watching some vids but I do not miss playing the game. I thought it was scratching my CCG itch but every other digital CCG-ish thing I played for 5 minutes felt better than HS honestly. See if any of them stay strong deeper in, hopefully that is something Eternal can do.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What other ones have you tried? I installed ESL but can't been arsed to start it.

As for priests: don't care, fuck em. A meta with competitive priests is worse than this one. And even worse, by giving more 'steal' cards to rogue, they've proven that the mechanic can be implemented in a not nearly as annoying manner.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Star Realms is fun but I think ultimately I would rather have the physical version of it, although it's obviously easier to play digitally. Shadowverse is OK so far, I'm skeptical that it goes too deep and the art style will turn away a lot of people I think. I haven't tried the Elder Scrolls or Witcher ones yet but will probably give them a try.

Maybe I should just give up on life and buy in to Magic online :p

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm enjoying Hearthstone but signed up for Eternal now thanks for the heads up. Any estimate when it's due out?

Best way to earn more cards in Hearthstone is... Arena? I do my daily quests but is Arena better than ranked for earning cards?

EDIT: I can usually win at least 3 games or so.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Rank 9; face 3 hunters in a row, lose all 3 times.

First two were straight up smorc, i didn't even realize how low on health i was on each death until i was... dead... Third one was a secret hunter.

Turn 8 in the match against the secret hunter, obviously he calls of the wild, smorcs my face with Huffer, i'm down to 7 health. He's at 15. I get a cone of cold from a babbling book. Drop an apprentice, mirror images, drop Thalnos, freeze his shit, kill Huffer, revenge is a bitch, cocksucker! Leokk and Misha both at 2 health. 5 minions on board. I'm holding a fireball and frostbolt... i'm gonna stabilize this shit, it's on, bitches!

Turn 9 he drops Rag. Of 5 board targets and a 17% chance to kill me, Rag hits face and kills me. #skills.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say that at that point i lose all desire to play HS and regret spending $500 on the game over the past month.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well it's a bit late now, but you might have considered spending a bit then playing for a while to be sure you're even gonna like the game. In one month you spent more than I've spent playing the game since late beta.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Well it's a bit late now, but you might have considered spending a bit then playing for a while to be sure you're even gonna like the game. In one month you spent more than I've spent playing the game since late beta.

Wise advice, but too late now.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, I guess $500 makes sense in terms of collection completeness from the get go. I think I've bought 2 classic 50 packs, 1 for TGT and WOG(got all my GvG cards via arena when I was stubborn about F2P) and all 3 adventures.

For ease of calculation, that's $50 * 4 + $25 * 3 = $275. With all the packs I've gotten from arena, I *guess* I could see $500 all at once to get a up to date set. Still a lot of money to swallow at once. I've resolved myself to buying the adventures and 1 50 pack per expansion, get everything else from arena(pack or dust).

Do yourself a favor and don't quit out of frustration just yet. It's definitely a frustrating game and I've found myself managing my anger much better when I put a goal on my play time. I get a pack a day(Tavern Brawl, watch a friend, arena, whatever) so my son can open it the next day, and I get to rank 10 by the end of the month. That's it. No more vague "gotta keep playing gotta keep playing..." because you don't where/when to stop.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I agree. It can be frustrating at times, but just change up what you are doing when it's getting frustrating. Switch modes, switch decks, do arena, whatever. You'll find something. Today was a rough one for me, always queued into counters no matter what I was playing and have like a 52% win rate where yesterday I had a 70% win rate. Happens /shrug

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gotta say, hitting legend a couple of months ago was a huge monkey off my back. I feel like I can enjoy the game a lot more now because I have no expectations.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Play Shadowmere on your phone. It's basically weeby Hearthstone with more/better mechanics.

I'm only a few hours in to it but I'm pretty sure that it's just superior to Hearthstone at this point. But holy god is it weeby.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Signed up and hoping for Eternal beta. Not done with this game but haven't put a lot of effort out in months. Yogg is pretty broken if we are complaining about CotW. Free wins and sometimes broken losses. I've been at 30 health and Yogg finished me by himself(itself?)? No other card in the entire game negates all the work of the actual game played than Yogg.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity