Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I also wanted to mention with Finja. If he would have died, but pulls a warleader and the buff then allows him to survive he will.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
what in the god damned fuck.. I just had four 0-3 arena runs in a row. I didn't even do that bad in the first week of playing this damned game.
The craziest shit keeps happening to me. Had a mage go raging worgen into lance carrier + ping, did 24 damage in two turns, killed me on turn 5 or whatever.. I had THREE frostbolts, 2 flame cannons, a polymorph, 4 two drop minions that all could have dealt with that.. didn't see a single one in a full mulligan and all 5 draws.
That recent deck had three flamestrikes as well, was offered a 4th but took flame cannon instead. fucking 0-3. That deck was similar in quality to my first 12 win run deck, and I didn't even get one win.

It's like every possible decision that could be made, the opponent has the absolute worst punish for whichever I pick. ex: I'm priest against mage, got a huge toad and friendly bartender in hand with coin. I'm gonna coin a 2 drop out, generally just best to put out a 3/2 over a 2/3 for the extra damage but since it's mage I'm afraid of ping + something, but I go with it. Sure enough, opponent has annoy-o-tron to punish.

I swear I'm going crazy or blizzard is literally fucking with me. Before the 0-3 runs, it was all 3-3 or 4-3, which was already tilting me. Did some fundamental aspect of arena change and I just didn't get the memo?!

Like this fucking horseshit?

Game after that I had 3 Seal of Champions in my hand and another spell and my Silvermoon Portal made Lorewalker Cho. GG. I haven't played in a while, but it does feel more RNGey than ever. I think each expansion increases arena rng (adds variables and reduces your chance to get a somewhat balanced deck) and reduces what skill can do. That's why they need to implement some sort of set rotation to arena one day.

arenabs.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
God Grimestreet Protector is ridiculous though; 7 mana for a 6/6 taunt is good as is, and you give adjacent minions divine shield? Holy shit. Paladin has a ton of amazing arena cards again. I've had some serious crazy snowballs with Paladin so far. Only really lose to the above if you get a decent curve and a few of the new tempo swing cards like the Grimestreet guys (Outfitter, Enforcer, Protector mainly).

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Oh I also wanted to mention with Finja. If he would have died, but pulls a warleader and the buff then allows him to survive he will.
On that note, Lotus Illusionist will transform even if it takes lethal. Not like it will almost ever happen

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I seriously fucking hate Jade Druid. Only reliable counter I've found so far is aggro aggro aggro.

Any kind of control game that goes on too long you lose because of the endless golems. Fucking stupid.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Like this fucking horseshit?
edit: just realized the screenshot isn't of the scenario you described, the one in the pic is very much what I'm talking about.. jesus christ.

Sort of.. That kind of crap is infuriating as well, but it's very clearly a 'bad rng' situation. I'm talking about like, you try to play around A or B, A seems 80% likely to be in there hand, B is only 10-20%, so you play around A.. and they have B to punish.

Like, I lost two different games because a mage played a secret that I had figured out was either vaporize or ice block, but I only had a huge minion on board and couldn't 'clear' the vaporize. I couldn't take the chance that it wasn't vaporize, would have lost if it killed the minion, so I had to wait to crack it. Turns out to be iceblock, and they get exact lethal on me from like 15-20 health on the extra turn.

I ranted about it on another message board, and someone pointed out that there's probably a lot of BAD players in arena right now and that was something I hadn't thought of. It feels like opponents are just taking crazy greedy plays, super high risk/reward, but it somehow keeps working out for them. That would line up with there being more bad players playing then normal right now. If I was trying to make plays based on my opponent doing the 'right' thing and they do the crazy greedy play, that could cost me some games. Combined with a new meta, me not playing much for a week and just shitty variance, it seems a little more possible to just have those kind of results.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Golden Raza the Chained. It's a sign from god I need to play priest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I think/hope deathrattle shadowcaster rogue with jades can now be a thing finally.

• 1Like

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been crushing everyone today with Freeze mage I won 7 games in a row 5 of them Jade druid.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I think/hope deathrattle shadowcaster rogue with jades can now be a thing finally.
I played a rough version I threw together for a bit last night, did pretty well and I'm not great at deck building. I'm better at refining an existing list or learning to play it well. So, it looks promising.
Had some absolutely sick combos with aya and the raptor.. 6 mana 5/3 that summoned a 6/6 on entry, then a 7/7 on death.. I felt bad for my opponent.

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Doesn't seem like a thing unfortunately. I kept making it more and more fast i.e. no nzoth, double argus, double mistress of mixtures and can't handle aggro and get out valued by mid/control. Shrug.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I still don't like the 'buff a minion in your hand' card, but jesus fuck when alley armorsmith comes into play as a 4/9 (or bigger) any kind of aggro deck just loses instantly.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't seem like a thing unfortunately. I kept making it more and more fast i.e. no nzoth, double argus, double mistress of mixtures and can't handle aggro and get out valued by mid/control. Shrug.
I could see it being weak to aggro, but im astounded you say it gets out valued by mid/control.
By the end, every threat brings a huge body along that 2 for 1s them at worst.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
You can really screw over reno decks too (which is what most control decks are now) by running ambushes too.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I still don't like the 'buff a minion in your hand' card, but jesus fuck when alley armorsmith comes into play as a 4/9 (or bigger) any kind of aggro deck just loses instantly.
I have a taunt warrior list I try playing into aggro warrior but it's always priest or jade druid...then I go back to jade druid and get pirate warrior. taunt warrior is insta win vs pirate warrior. I've had them concede on turn 2 after I drop my 3/10 taunt

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I could see it being weak to control, but im astounded you say it gets out valued by mid/control.
By the end, every threat brings a huge body along that 2 for 1s them at worst.
Eh I played about 15 games and had several of those "turn 6 and I have 6 cards and nothing to play" that bad decks get all the time so gave up. Ymmv though.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm not convinced Miracle type stuff in Rogue is actually good. Having a hand like Prep Prep Coin Coin Counterfit Coin and never drawing Auctioneer means you just lose. I'm not even convinced Counterfit Coin is a good card.

I also don't think Shadowcaster will really work. I mean sure it's sweet if you land it on Aya, but for that to happen you have to have had something like Emperor, a Coin, or Aya from Barnes.

What seems to be working for me atm is a list that is more a minion based tempo list. N'zoth is pretty gross in Jade Rogue, because you end up with shit like you play him and if they clear your board it results in an 8/8 9/9 and 10/10 hitting the table. Raptor is surprisingly good too since the 1/1 stealth deathrattle, or even just being able to hit a Loot Hoarder or Thalnos with it when you're struggling for cards is great

• 1Like