Hearthstone

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
careful with White Eyes. He's made for an N'Zoth shaman deck but with all the Reno decks out there, N'Zoth shaman is heavily countered by Kazakus "Turn all minions into sheep".
and turn 9 dirty rat, N'zoth decks might be done

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I opened Kazakus and Wrathion. Never had a Reno - never felt the desire to play a no-dupes deck. I don't disagree that the Reno mechanic isn't going away, but I could definitely imagine that specific RENO JACKSON card getting rotated out while they add a new one.

So, given those two cards and my general enjoyment of priest - what deck should I go for? Is it safe to craft Reno, or is there a Wrathion deck that doesn't blow? I've not seen anyone else play Wrathion in the past 3 days of laddering, which makes me nervous.

There really is no good reason not to just buy LoE. Several strong cards for only 25 bucks which is well worth it even if you can only use them for like 4-5 months in standard.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
God, I had an awful night last night...but 100% on me...4 games in a row where I made a MAJOR dumb mistake that lost me the game.

Played Reno while my 2 Shadowform were still in my deck, did the same thing with the new legendary that make the priest hero power free. For some stupid reason I killed the wrong minion, and died the next turn. Miscalculated mana, and ended up not being to play the 1 card that would keep me alive.

Just went to bed after the 4th one, it was ridiculous. :(

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The Reno Food Chain

Reno Mage > Renolock > Reno Priest > Reno Mage

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
There really is no good reason not to just buy LoE. Several strong cards for only 25 bucks which is well worth it even if you can only use them for like 4-5 months in standard.
Hahahahahhahaha

hahh.

ha.

hem.

So.... After a year of LoE being out, I'm realizing in December 2016 that Reno came free with the expac. And I've never once played him. Ever.

...sigh.

I would say "feel free to mock," but let's be honest, you'll all mock with or without my suggestion, and it's kinda a bit too shameful to be funny.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So after playing a decent amount of Rogue so far, I feel like it's generally correct to leave the stealth Jade Golem guy in stealth to make it more awkward for your opponent to board clear. It also leaves the opportunity for Unearthed Raptor to hit it which is the best

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hahahahahhahaha

hahh.

ha.

hem.

So.... After a year of LoE being out, I'm realizing in December 2016 that Reno came free with the expac. And I've never once played him. Ever.

...sigh.

I would say "feel free to mock," but let's be honest, you'll all mock with or without my suggestion, and it's kinda a bit too shameful to be funny.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1tXI3LhXvoI80WF06ZUSDCnYCLbZFnBcZ_6lyQb-x4xZzzkcpYynUYrY.jpg

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Ended up buying some more packs last night and made some dragon priest cards. Really strong deck. Drakonid Operative MVP by far. 5 mana 5/6 and steal a card, which almost always ends up being amazing. Holy fuck.

14-7 today with mirror being my worst matchup. 2-4 against priests, with 2 losses to super greedy Reno priests and 2 to dragon priests. Ripping up pirate warriors. With 4 early taunt minions in the deck, it's really not an issue.

I can't seem to find room for my golden Wrathion though. Just seems a bit slow and my draw isn't really an issue to begin with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Annnddd...just had aviana/kun combo come out turn 7 drawing literally their entire deck.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I've never really played around with Reno either, but it's mostly because I never have had the cards to really make a Reno deck work, and I hate playing against that mechanic, at least in decks that aren't warlock (historically, not now).

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe it is odd luck but the dailies seem to have reverted back to the older model since the expansion. I had 3 win with a class in a row.
My last three were play 50 warrior cards, 20 taunts and 75 murlocs

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ended up buying some more packs last night and made some dragon priest cards. Really strong deck. Drakonid Operative MVP by far. 5 mana 5/6 and steal a card, which almost always ends up being amazing. Holy fuck.

14-7 today with mirror being my worst matchup. 2-4 against priests, with 2 losses to super greedy Reno priests and 2 to dragon priests. Ripping up pirate warriors. With 4 early taunt minions in the deck, it's really not an issue.

I can't seem to find room for my golden Wrathion though. Just seems a bit slow and my draw isn't really an issue to begin with.

What list are you running? I'm 11-3 in standard at the moment but seems like the mirror matches are teching against other dragon priests better than I am, two of the losses were to other dragon priests running more late game. I generally tend to grab later dragons from the historians if it seems like the matchup calls for it, but I'm not running entomb or ysera or chillmaw and I run out of answers for the mirror.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
What list are you running? I'm 11-3 in standard at the moment but seems like the mirror matches are teching against other dragon priests better than I am, two of the losses were to other dragon priests running more late game. I generally tend to grab later dragons from the historians if it seems like the matchup calls for it, but I'm not running entomb or ysera or chillmaw and I run out of answers for the mirror.

That's exactly the situation that i'm facing most of the time. The mirror is tough for me atm since i'm finding the priests are teching against priests. I'm running just a straight overall tempo setup, with one ooze as tech for the pirates. I tried sticking in Wrathion, but it didn't seem like i was getting value out of the draws. All times except one i drew only one card, and i didn't need him for the body/taunt at 6 mana. I tried running Faerie Dragons instead of Northshire Clerics, but i got raped in the mirror by not having them.

6 out of 21 matches were priests today, should maybe start teching against them lol.

Here's the list. Zananananan is the creator.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So, I opened Kazakus and Wrathion. Never had a Reno - never felt the desire to play a no-dupes deck. I don't disagree that the Reno mechanic isn't going away, but I could definitely imagine that specific RENO JACKSON card getting rotated out while they add a new one.

So, given those two cards and my general enjoyment of priest - what deck should I go for? Is it safe to craft Reno, or is there a Wrathion deck that doesn't blow? I've not seen anyone else play Wrathion in the past 3 days of laddering, which makes me nervous.

I haven't been happy with Wrathion so far. He is ok for the body but at that point in the game I'd rather play a sweeper or something else that stabilizes my position, not what often amounts to a 'draw 1' body - that's fine if I am winning but also not needed if I am already winning. I do run four 5 drops that draw/discover me a card that I like more, he's kinda the fifth wheel. Would like him more if he was a dragon since I run alot of cards trigger on that.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like good tech against fast decks like pirates but otherwise you're not going to get enough value from the draw in slower matches.

• 1Like