Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anyfin is a problem for sure but can counter with a Kazakus poly+armor spell. Use after 1st Anyfin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm most likely gonna be suiciding my first wave from anyfin into your taunts, especially if you still have your kazakus spell in hand. At that point you're dead to my second anyfin unless you're able to put multiple taunts back up and have forced me to use both equalities. Hell, pre-standard I used to play warleaders or murkeye into equality combos against priests and mages just to protect them from entomb/polymorph.

I mean assuming players of equal skill were piloting both decks without making mistakes, I'd put the matchup at no worse than 60-40 in favor of anyfin, which is far from unwinnable for the renolock.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea whenever I'm on Reno and against Paladin I'm hoping they aren't Anyfin. It's a tough match. I think Renolock has too much pressure for even the Paladin to delay to their 2nd Anyfin though. Renolock has a 20 damage burst themselves. It's a close battle and if you can Brann+Kazakus for a couple poly affects then it swings more in favor of Renolock.

Priest/Mage I have no idea, seems like more of a counter since they got additional Entombs/Polys

• 1Like

Loyanf

Golden Knight of the Realm
0-8 as Renolock. I should just stop playing for today. The luck my opponents have is just ridiculous.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Same.
Played against another renolock and he won a 25% roll twice. I quit on turn 8 due to losing too much value.
I stole his Mountain Giant with Sylvanas and healed the giant up to full health with Farseer, this is after taking 2 hits already from it.
I have a 1/1, 1/1, 8/8, and 4/9 Twilight on board. I was going to Coil a 1/1 to prevent MCT but didn't.
He, of course, uses MCT and grabs the 8/8. 50% chance for a 1/1 but nope.
I Reno cause sitting at 11 health and already took 2 giant hits earlier.
He trades into my minions and has 3 minions on board: 4/5 Twilight, 2/3 Argus, 8/5 Giant.
I Rat+MCT. I pull his Sylvanas and my MCT grabs his Argus.
Fuck that, concede.

Edit: My revenge game was vs a Jade Druid that I won easily btw, so ehhhhhh

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I've been playing this Envious Darwin Shaman with fairly good success. The basic idea is to get a good start with either tunnel trogg + totem golem, jade claws, or removal spells. If you can start out ok, then eventually you just keep spitting out jade golems the longer the game goes on. You can also selectively evolve them to get even more value out of them. Doppelgangster and pantry spider are there as one off's since they're basically only good to combo with evolve and/or brann. Getting brann off with either Aya or jade chieftain or even jade claws really puts a lot of pressure on your opponent. As always, be careful about evolving totems since you can spawn a doomsayer off of 1 mana minions. Although even a doomsayer isn't the end of the world since you can refill the board really easily.

I have 1 jinyu waterspeaker in to deal with possible slow starts, which can happen, and changing around master of evolution, farsight, jinyu, and aoe spells are the balance I'm trying to find with it. Bloodlust is also a good idea to burst some classes down with, but I've so far been finding board presence to be enough usually. When you get several golems in the 5/5 - 8/8 range and some with taunts on board, it gets really frustrating for your opponent.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fun games today with the Beast Hunter deck.

[Spark] Beast Master (S33) - Hearthstone Decks

A Priest just pulled out my Savannah Lion on turn 2 with Dirty Rat. Coupled with the 8/5 Scavenging Hyena I got from a buff and 2 alley cat deaths, that was one of my better openings ever.

Just prior I fought a Murlocadin down to 1 health... but he had 3X 5/5 Dopplegangsters, A Grimestreet Enforcer and 2 1/1 tokens. He had just enough to get me to 1 health also and died the next turn.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, turn 2 dirty rat is absolutely the right play unless you have strong reason to believe your opponent is playing the kind of deck where you want to disrupt him by timing the battlecry. It's the same logic as playing deathlord was, the odds of getting screwed by the creature that comes out are balanced against the major board advantage of having a fat-assed taunt that early on. Dirty rat is generally even safer than deathlord because only a moron keeps a highmane in their opening hand, so either you're a moron or you got incredibly lucky with what would ordinarily be a sub-optimal early draw.

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
These Reno decks are on the same level of annoying to play against as control warrior. Guess there is no sweet spot, no matter how you look at it.

QQBROS

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Facing a C'Thun druid. He doesn't draw his C'Thun (20/20 at the time of his death), he's stuck in his bottom 8 cards. I'm playing Jade shaman. I'm also playing Bloodlust, kuz fuck you, that's why. I Bloodlust and kill him from almost full health. He friend requests. Someone translate this for me... other than the cancer part... i get that part... hahaha

lololol.png

Also, 9:2 with Jade shaman, rank 7.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Facing a C'Thun druid. He doesn't draw his C'Thun (20/20 at the time of his death), he's stuck in his bottom 8 cards. I'm playing Jade shaman. I'm also playing Bloodlust, kuz fuck you, that's why. I Bloodlust and kill him from almost full health. He friend requests. Someone translate this for me... other than the cancer part... i get that part... hahaha

View attachment 102367

Also, 9:2 with Jade shaman, rank 7.
Shut the fuck up son of a bitch, get cancer.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hahaha,

He essentially says to "Shut up son of a whore, and get cancer".

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Boy this cartoon pony fucker sure is edgy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe if you had greeted him nicely he would have become a good new friend.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really love when people friend me to curse me out for beating them. I feel accomplished.

• 2Like