Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe if you had greeted him nicely he would have become a good new friend.

I actually accepted a friend request from a guy and immediately started talking shit to get the jump on him for once, and then he said nice match and asked questions about how i developed the deck. I apologized and we talked for a bit and I think he's still on my friends list. Felt like such a douche though even if he thought it was funny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had some people turn out to be cordial for sure. But my newer strategy is to just let the request sit for at least 24 hours before accepting. They either forget all about why they requested you and just stay on your list and sometimes talk to you or use you for questing (when the 80G or spectates were more common) or just drop you silently not knowing who the fuck you are. Either way higher chance they just turn out better. Unless you find it amusing for the stories or screenshots.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been really busy lately so I just now finally got around to buying packs of the new expansion. Opened 60 packs. Only two fucking legendaries - the Priest and Mage ones. Shitty.

What are the hot takes on decks out there? I haven't played in like a month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Summon 3 random demons on a potion: Get 2x Flame Imp and an Apothecary, lol.
Luckily didn't matter.

Just opened a pack and got a Golden Apothecary.

Fuck this card, stay away!

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I pretty much universally toss out a friend request to anyone I had a fun or close game with. Plus anyone whose trying to do oddball things or with whom I shared a WTF RNGstone type of situation. Good times..
I've picked up 173 friends so far and while I've had the occasional Your Mom Slept with a Dick! /unfriend for the most part folks are cool. Pretty good for the play a friend quests I'll tell ya!
Now if only my packs would open betterer.. 2 legends in 65 Gadzetan packs

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Out of 72 games over the past few days, i've faced 0 paladins and only 1 hunter.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I've had some people turn out to be cordial for sure. But my newer strategy is to just let the request sit for at least 24 hours before accepting. They either forget all about why they requested you and just stay on your list and sometimes talk to you or use you for questing (when the 80G or spectates were more common) or just drop you silently not knowing who the fuck you are. Either way higher chance they just turn out better. Unless you find it amusing for the stories or screenshots.

I wait a week. I need the extra bodies for viewing quests and friend quests sometimes but have no desire to hear their whining. I let the thank you right before the win be my message.

Thinking of putting imp gang boss on the dole and adding Kabal Courier. The impact against the current forms of aggro has been extremely weak and drawing it late always sucks. I want more gas.

• 1Like

MossyBank

N00b
I got the 80 gold play a friend quest again, if any of you bros want some easy gold this morning. Vorphen#1312

Edit: Finished it, but you can add me if you want.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Currently 19:11 and up to rank 5 with this jade shaman deck. A lot of the midrange shaman shell, with the jade stuff thrown in in case the game goes deeper.

Doing pretty well all around. Some of these new pirate aggro decks can beat it when they draw well at the start, but good draws on my end can also destroy anything. Usually beat pirate war no matter the draw, but pirate shaman and rogue are tough since they can clear my taunts easily. I've done well against Reno locks and absolutely destroyed all jade druids.

Jade Shaman.png

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Be ready for the aggro shaman, Reynad is streaming an aggro shaman that he is top 5 legend na w/ and climbing eu. Played 3 games with it so far and absolutely destroyed 3 different decks. On his stream now, I'll post it later.
Shaman - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

Wow, if you haven't played a pirate yet and have a flametongue and southsea deckhand with a weapon equipped its just insane value as patches will enter to the right with proper placement and with the ss deckhand charge, its just disgusting.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Currently 19:11 and up to rank 5 with this jade shaman deck. A lot of the midrange shaman shell, with the jade stuff thrown in in case the game goes deeper.

Doing pretty well all around. Some of these new pirate aggro decks can beat it when they draw well at the start, but good draws on my end can also destroy anything. Usually beat pirate war no matter the draw, but pirate shaman and rogue are tough since they can clear my taunts easily. I've done well against Reno locks and absolutely destroyed all jade druids.

View attachment 105957

Nice deck. I subbed out white eyes(don't have) and one of the jinyus. Got wrecked by control warr but won the other 3 games so far.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Ladder is such a shithole of agro, I'm not even winning with Dragon Priest. The decks are just so fucking fast, turn 4 games should not be the norm in Hearthstone

Edit: I guess I just need to slant really hard against agro

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
How's white eyes working for you?

I think that he's OP in a N'Zoth shaman deck, especially if it's one of the slower ones that runs Ancestral Spirit. In this deck, he's ok. Generally he doesn't survive the turn as he's perceived as a major threat, well and he's a taunt minion so if there's shit on the board it has to go through him. Either way, it's a good card. I think it's well statted for 5 mana and, in the current meta, any taunts are good. Obviously the Thing From Below shits on it and the situational 3 mana 4/5 taunt (Second Rate Bruiser) might actually be better, since you won't get to summon the 10/10 in most games. If you do though, shit is dope.

Be ready for the aggro shaman, Reynad is streaming an aggro shaman that he is top 5 legend na w/ and climbing eu. Played 3 games with it so far and absolutely destroyed 3 different decks. On his stream now, I'll post it later.
Shaman - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

Wow, if you haven't played a pirate yet and have a flametongue and southsea deckhand with a weapon equipped its just insane value as patches will enter to the right with proper placement and with the ss deckhand charge, its just disgusting.

I see that a lot of the streamers have been praising this deck. I've been debating about trying it, but i'm missing some cards that i don't want to craft. I just think the whole direction is pretty aids. I feel dirty enough playing the midrange shell, much less this. Also, as good as this kind of deck is for grinding, it is fucking boring to pilot.

Nice deck. I subbed out white eyes(don't have) and one of the jinyus. Got wrecked by control warr but won the other 3 games so far.

If you find that you need a taunt equivalent, run Second Rate Bruiser. I think it might even be better and you can run two of them.

Ladder is such a shithole of agro, I'm not even winning with Dragon Priest. The decks are just so fucking fast, turn 4 games should not be the norm in Hearthstone

Edit: I guess I just need to slant really hard against agro

I ended up going 21:16 with my dragon priest (ranks 15 through rank 8ish), but i think i was lucky to have done that well. I think there's a lot of shit that it doesn't match up well against, especially some of these hyper aggro decks. Also, it's generally not fast enough against Reno decks, so it gets wrecked there. It's good against other midrange decks, which there aren't enough of. I was going to test another build that includes Divine Spirit and Inner Fire as a potential surprise finisher. It can synergize well with a Twilight Guardian and basically any high health minion.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And the same day Reynad's aggro shaman deck takes the world by storm tempostorm drops their first new shapshot....with aggro shaman listed as number one. What a coincidence!

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Renolock so good yet so unforgiving and I suck so bad lol. Every game lost is due to some obvious mistake by me. Fun stuff though.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dragon/pirate warrior seems pretty ok. I like it better than the all-in aggro pirate, just not my style.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WTF if you have a golden paladin and you play Vilefin Inquisitor your hero power murlocs aren't golden. FU Blizz.

• 2Like