Hearthstone

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
note to self: Do not holy nova if you have three Northshire Clerics in play and a bunch of other injured minions.

Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a popular hearthstone saying about that situation. It goes, "you never go full northshire". Everybody who plays priest makes that mistake at one point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
so.. this week's tavern brawl has been pretty fun for me. I keep dicking around with a jade deathrattle rogue. I think it's the mtg player in me, but the INSANE value of getting 3 jade golems out of an aya blackpaw, and copying her deathrattle with raptor, etc.. is just so satisfying. I've actually lost some games almost on purpose because I just wanted to keep doing ridiculous things.
I was originally running n'zoth, but the games never go long enough that you need the value from nzoth. Also, I trimmed a lot of the removal from rogue, as answering opponents threats with removal is generally a losing proposition, you'd rather just focus on doing your own broken things.

But, man.. i've had turns where I drew 4 cards, got 2 of my opponents class cards, played 16 mana worth of stuff (from tomb pillager coins) AND made 5 jade golems (from 4/4 to 8/8) etc.. just silly shit that's TOTAL overkill, but damn is it fun.
I also love when opponents play haunted creeper into a board of like 5/6 minions, plus their piloted shredders/wobbling runts/kindly grandmother/whatever.. i pop the creeper, then pop their other shit and deny all the extra stuff they thought they'd get.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Kripp's new OTK priest is pretty fun and my variation has won some crazy ass games. Took a pretty solid buff pally to fatigue which was fun as hell. Crushed a few control decks. Kazakus and Brann is pretty much game over in every deck I've used it. In many ways, it's a much, much more powerful Yogg. I really like having a control deck that wins with a combo that isn't mage. Once, I'm sure my aggro matchup is solid, I'll probably switch in a few more cards i'd love to try.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Man, these Reno decks are freaking amazing. Priest seems a bit weaker than the other two, but lock and mage are freaking disgusting. Annoying to play against, but fun as hell to play.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Some stats for my dragon priest. Rank 8 atm, not sure why the highlights are showing 9. I'm running Wrathion and 2x Faerie Dragon. Took out the Northshire Clerics, as my draw has not been an issue at any point, and Wrathion can luck out and pull some nice draw from time to time. Took out the ooze as well. Found that running one ooze wasn't really impactful.

priest stats.png

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Some stats for my dragon priest. Rank 8 atm, not sure why the highlights are showing 9. I'm running Wrathion and 2x Faerie Dragon. Took out the Northshire Clerics, as my draw has not been an issue at any point, and Wrathion can luck out and pull some nice draw from time to time. Took out the ooze as well. Found that running one ooze wasn't really impactful.

View attachment 101847

I like Dragon priest but these Reno decks are too fun ATM. It was my main planned deck before the expansion hit but I've always loved Reno decks and now they are even more fun.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What Dragon Priest are you running Origin?

I tried Pirate Warrior just to get a feel for it. Crazy deck and kinda fun but I only played a handful of games.

Playing a Beast centric Hunter now. All beasts and not a lot of buff cards. Really good so far but I'm only 4 games in hah.

I'll have to try more Reno decks. Any suggestions?

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My paycheck deposits tonight and I'm going to get 80 packs (and hopefully open patches, if not craft him) and try out Pirate Rogue for the last 67ish wins I need on Rogue. I like Jade Rogue, and it can be really amazing when it draws right, but Rogue decks just aren't consistent enough with the lack of comeback mechanics (taunt, heal, board clear)

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My paycheck deposits tonight and I'm going to get 80 packs (and hopefully open patches, if not craft him) and try out Pirate Rogue for the last 67ish wins I need on Rogue. I like Jade Rogue, and it can be really amazing when it draws right, but Rogue decks just aren't consistent enough with the lack of comeback mechanics (taunt, heal, board clear)
So in 80 packs I opened I think 5 legendaries, 1 of which was golden (Madam Goya) and a bunch of usable golden cards. Was a pretty good set of packs, I ended up with 5225 dust and had to craft Patches (which I just crafted Golden, because I'm done crafting non gold legendaries!)

I've come to the conclusion that I think Pirate Rogue is fairly balanced because they just don't have the absurd amount of dumb Pirates that Warriors get. Plus they don't utilize the Pirates as well as Warriors because they don't have good and useful weapons.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They also don't have mortal strike and upgrade and korkron elite and heroic strike...

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I have been dicking around a bit with this game and ever since hearthstone came out I haven't spent a dime on it, but as more and more xpacs come out it really starts to feel like you are complete fucked if you aren't dropping cash. I have made a couple of decks up to around rank 15ish with mostly classic cards and due to the power creep I cant get around all of these nonstop jade druids and face pirate warriors. I feel like I can set my deck up to counter one or the other but not both.

Even so I enjoy dicking around with the tavern brawl once a week and the occasional arena run. On that note, I have to say the last couple of arenas I have done I have drafted what feel like pretty good decks and then just get smashed by insane counters even at 0-0 and 0-1.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So I have been dicking around a bit with this game and ever since hearthstone came out I haven't spent a dime on it, but as more and more xpacs come out it really starts to feel like you are complete fucked if you aren't dropping cash. I have made a couple of decks up to around rank 15ish with mostly classic cards and due to the power creep I cant get around all of these nonstop jade druids and face pirate warriors. I feel like I can set my deck up to counter one or the other but not both.

Even so I enjoy dicking around with the tavern brawl once a week and the occasional arena run. On that note, I have to say the last couple of arenas I have done I have drafted what feel like pretty good decks and then just get smashed by insane counters even at 0-0 and 0-1.

Introduction of standard caps how far behind you can get.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
so.. this week's tavern brawl has been pretty fun for me. I keep dicking around with a jade deathrattle rogue. I think it's the mtg player in me, but the INSANE value of getting 3 jade golems out of an aya blackpaw, and copying her deathrattle with raptor, etc.. is just so satisfying. I've actually lost some games almost on purpose because I just wanted to keep doing ridiculous things.
I was originally running n'zoth, but the games never go long enough that you need the value from nzoth. Also, I trimmed a lot of the removal from rogue, as answering opponents threats with removal is generally a losing proposition, you'd rather just focus on doing your own broken things.

I've been having fun with Warlock, utilizing Shadowflame, Power Overwhelming and Voidcaller, they all synergize so well with deathrattle. Sunfury Protector and Defender of Argus to force people through my deathrattle creatures.

Just an FYI Baron Rivendare DOES NOT STACK with the Brawl effect. :( Really bummed me out, I was hoping to get quad deathrattle effects.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
What Dragon Priest are you running Origin?

I tried Pirate Warrior just to get a feel for it. Crazy deck and kinda fun but I only played a handful of games.

Playing a Beast centric Hunter now. All beasts and not a lot of buff cards. Really good so far but I'm only 4 games in hah.

I'll have to try more Reno decks. Any suggestions?

I had a bad swing this morning, lost 5 out of 6 games. Renolock and other priests wreck me. I see a lot of dragon priests running more value shit for certain matches, i might have to do that also.

As for Reno decks, every pro-streamer is basically saying that current Renolock is incredibly powerful, if not the best deck in the game atm.

dp.png

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tech in Felfire Potion and Kabal Chemist.

Uh, you understand that anyfin wins with charge minions right?

Anyfin is a fundamental mismatch for basically any style of Renolock because Renolock is a value deck, and while some draws will allow you put the game away quickly, it's not designed with that in mind. The thing that keeps the match from being horribly lopsided in favor of anyfin is the fact that paladin has such terrible draw and thus can't reliably get through their deck. The only really good tool Renolock has against anyfin is getting a polymorph potion from Kazakus to take a murloc out of the equation.

• 1Like