Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
you don't? They won't fix balance so they might as well fix something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Haha no, it's really not. There are plenty of vague descriptions already.

I already said it would be nice if there was consistency but this isn't something we need to harp on.

You don't see descriptions on Wild Growth/Astral Communion that they give you Excess Mana
You don't see description on Yogg about how it's 80 spells max, gain Overload if any of those are cast, and stop casting if Yogg dies
You don't see any in-game explanation how Deathrattle ordering works
You don't see any in-game explanation how Jaraxxus dies to Sacrificial Pact but he can't be silenced or buffed with "demon targeting" cards.
The list goes on and on.

By playing the game you figure this shit out after seeing it 1-2 times, maybe 5-10 times if you're a slow learner.

Go ahead, fix it, but I just see it as Toast needing an idea for another Youtube vid

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was basically just sloppy design. Should have read something more like "Transform: to gain charge OR +2 health and taunt". Even more specifically it should tell you that it will transform into a beast since the vanilla card in hand doesn't show a beast tag. I'm sure they did it in the interest of simplicity but it definitely turned out shabby in practice.

The issue being that it really isn't a "choose one" in the same sense as AoW, it changes into one of two completely different minions with their own stats. AoW is more a battlecry type of effect that can be removed.

Like you said, no big deal once you know, but I do remember getting surprised by shit like that (not working with silence as AoW would) early in the game with the classic set.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

watch from this point. Then go re watch the whole video.

Exactly. Guy needs to open his fucking mouth while talking. Mumble mumble. I hate people who can't even speak properly. What exactly distinguishes him from an animal?

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
God.. this is such a great example of 'wtf if brode thinking?'. Even his explanation, when it was just Classic, is so silly. He's literally over thinking it to justify a mistake. The community almost unanimously agrees it should say transform. Any other good company would just go 'yea ok, we'll change it then.' Instead, he doubled down on defending the way it is.

Yes, it barely effects experienced players, but that's a shitty justification for it. It would take them all of 5 seconds to change it and remove the few aggravating scenarios that newer players run into with this card. It doesn't matter that it happens rarely, even if it happens to even .00001% of the player base there is NO benefit to keeping it the way it is, and it's so easy to fix.. just fucking fix it.

However, I agree toast's voice kind of triggers me too. I think English is his 2nd language or his parents didn't speak English at least, and it's a holdover of an accent sort of. Once I saw he was Asian, I realized I've ran into other Asians that mumbled a bit like that too. Not sure which country/language specifically lends itself to that, though.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Exactly. Guy needs to open his fucking mouth while talking. Mumble mumble. I hate people who can't even speak properly. What exactly distinguishes him from an animal?

I'll need a voice comparison of yours to properly access this situation. I understand him fine. Maybe I wont understand that merkel crap you speak?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Toast speaks fine but he's kinda annoying now. He's turning into Amaz. Goes ape-shit over the dumbest crap. Once the fame starts going to their heads then I gotta tune out.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I enjoy watching most of clips that get made of Toast, but I don't think he's really enjoyable to watch. When you try to meme literally everything it's meh. Sometimes you're going to nail moments though

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Toast speaks fine but he's kinda annoying now. He's turning into Amaz. Goes ape-shit over the dumbest crap. Once the fame starts going to their heads then I gotta tune out.
Never really checked him out, besides his card mechanic videos.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since I win two out of three brawls, and the decks being perfectly equal, that means I'm good, right?

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
All I have played this month is renodragonpriest and I hit rank 8 but the best part is three times while playing against warlock I was able to pick sacrifical pack with Dragon OP. In each game i put my efforts into staying above 25 life and killing all their mobs and in each game they played Lord Jaraxxus and I won with a 0 cost card.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
All I have played this month is renodragonpriest and I hit rank 8 but the best part is three times while playing against warlock I was able to pick sacrifical pack with Dragon OP. In each game i put my efforts into staying above 25 life and killing all their mobs and in each game they played Lord Jaraxxus and I won with a 0 cost card.
what renolocks are taking sac pact? lmfao.

unless you mean courier

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazing! Spectacular! By the holy light!

Just had about 20 worst case scenarios happen to me in a single game to lose to a renounce darkness warlock. His librarian discarded a mortal coil, then a soulfire into silverware golem, discarded a fist of jarraxus, which then hit the best possible target. Later in the game we're both low on resources, but I have a gadgetzan on board while he has nothing and only two cards in hand, he plays dark peddler and you betcha, gets soulfire. Still through all this bull shit I'm winning late in the game, I have ragnaros on the board and he has imp gang boss, rag gets him to 7, he renounces darkness and gets druid's healing touch to put him back to 13, following turn rag hits imp gang boss. He KILLS ragnaros with fucking moonkin + starfall + the imp. He has no cards left when he top decks lunar visions which gives him mire keeper and draws a defender of argus causing me to lose the game. All the fucking bull shit rng in the beginning and then lose to the game giving him just the right answer for everything. Literally, if he hadn't gotten just any ONE of those EXACT druid cards he would have lost the game.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
sounds like when I'm play any Reno deck. Reno always in the last 5 cards.

But I play vs a Renolock and I have him at 10 by turn 6 and sure enough Reno comes out.

Made rank 6 playing dragon warrior, but I don't have it in me to power through to rank 5 and beyond this season.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Amazing! Spectacular! By the holy light!

Just had about 20 worst case scenarios happen to me in a single game to lose to a renounce darkness warlock. His librarian discarded a mortal coil, then a soulfire into silverware golem, discarded a fist of jarraxus, which then hit the best possible target. Later in the game we're both low on resources, but I have a gadgetzan on board while he has nothing and only two cards in hand, he plays dark peddler and you betcha, gets soulfire. Still through all this bull shit I'm winning late in the game, I have ragnaros on the board and he has imp gang boss, rag gets him to 7, he renounces darkness and gets druid's healing touch to put him back to 13, following turn rag hits imp gang boss. He KILLS ragnaros with fucking moonkin + starfall + the imp. He has no cards left when he top decks lunar visions which gives him mire keeper and draws a defender of argus causing me to lose the game. All the fucking bull shit rng in the beginning and then lose to the game giving him just the right answer for everything. Literally, if he hadn't gotten just any ONE of those EXACT druid cards he would have lost the game.

Im sure the game could have given him something else to win, too. The "those exact cards" speech isn't very accurate when talking RNG.

If it's a standard meta deck and you know the variables you can reliably say it, but yea... game is bad!

I went from 4 stars in 4 to 1 star in 5 simply because of a bunch of "those exact cards!"

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im sure the game could have given him something else to win, too. The "those exact cards" speech isn't very accurate when talking RNG.

If it's a standard meta deck and you know the variables you can reliably say it, but yea... game is bad!

I went from 4 stars in 4 to 1 star in 5 simply because of a bunch of "those exact cards!"
Alright, maybe it doesn't have to literally be exact, but it may as well have been. The healing touch put him out of leeroy + cold blood range. That was the best answer he could have gotten for ragnaros with moonkin + starfall, although starfire would have been better. Druids only other answers for ragnaros, mulch and naturalize both would have been worse in this scenario. Then top decking lunar visions with zero cards in hand was the real killer, no other card would have saved him there. He wouldn't have had the mana for mire keeper + doa if it was say nourish that he top decked. No other druid minion spawns two minions. Sure he could have gotten like an avatar of war somewhere in there and it would have prolonged the game, but I don't think he wins it in that scenario.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So has anyone run into a Mill Rogue deck? It's runs Reno, but saves until hes run through his whole deck rather than not having duplicates by default. It's crazy weird, but really nasty.

It functions around Coldlight Oracle combined with Gang Up, Vanish, Sap, Shadowstep to fill your hand and then run through your entire deck. Renos late so he can survive the Fatigue and then spams with Coldlights to kill you off. He OTK'd me from 30 to dead with coldlights. Felt bad man.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yup, ran into that one a little while back playing casual. Beat it (barely) with my taunt warrior deck. I wish taunt warrior could work, it's just shitty against everything but pirate warrior and maybe other aggro decks.

I really don't want to craft Patches, but it's looking more and more like he's kind of necessary in the new meta. Sigh.

• 1Like