Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
And as others have implied: I, for one, welcome our new Druid and Paladin overlords.

Both classes were really strong before these changes and the nerfs do nothing but strengthen them.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've block is a secret right? So it doesn't need to be played the same turn as pyro...right?
Yes it was a 3 mana cost secret. Played early, it used your entire turn when both player's should be clawing for tempo. If held onto, you run the risk of not being able to play it all.

The ideal situation for a mage was to get Iceblock down at some point and keep it from getting popped too soon. If the first iceblock is up when the first pyroblast is played, the mage can get a second pyroblast off. But you'd be surprised at how often that isn't enough to win the game. If the opponent has more than 20 health (not unusual for classes that run heals), the mage still lost. There are MANY times where the mage can cast either Pyroblast OR Iceblock but not both. In those cases, unless I have the game all but wrapped up, I'm hoping RNG favors me and I'm able to draw a perfect sequence of cards. This, usually, doesn't happen.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the best part about this patch is getting to read peoples completly retarded reactions to it on the official forum.

The only change I don't agree with is abusive sergeant. I feel it is going to be too powerful and included in a lot more decks for cheap removal.
I personally find the shaman card "bloodrush" to be quite op, you basicly just have to spam alot of small minions, and if you are playing against a hunter, they are dead

The Master

Bronze Squire
damn, master edited his post before i could get to it.
Yeah, I thought Charge was 2 mana not 3, so it doesn't work. Unless you happen to go second and intentionally save the coin (I've built decks around the idea of an 11 mana finisher, it does work sometimes).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
the best part about this patch is getting to read peoples completly retarded reactions to it on the official forum.
I don't think that is retarded at all. I know I'm going to be putting 2x abusive sergeant and 2x big game hunter in a lot of decks now. Need that ancient of war removed? Yes please.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
"We want the game to be about."

That's the only phrase I needed to read to realize that this game was doomed from the outset. If you use this mentality, then all you're going to have is a game where every card falls within a very narrow set of parameters and you end up with a very bland game.
Yep, pretty much happy I stopped playing beyond doing the dailies now.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think that is retarded at all. I know I'm going to be putting 2x abusive sergeant and 2x big game hunter in a lot of decks now. Need that ancient of war removed? Yes please.
i dont think youll find a lot of value in having 4 cards for removing 2 creatures of 5 attack or more. ancients of war is the ideal example for it and they are already being phased out of the druid decks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i dont think youll find a lot of value in having 4 cards for removing 2 creatures of 5 attack or more.
They do more than that, especially against control decks. BGH kills Alex, Rag and giants already, abusive can be used early to kill other shit by temporary buffing stuff. I think it's not that bad, but more importantly it's cheaper(dust wise) than having both black knight and tinkmaster. If you have both legendaries they become quite a bit redundant but otherwise pretty nice.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They do more than that, especially against control decks. BGH kills Alex, Rag and giants already, abusive can be used early to kill other shit by temporary buffing stuff. I think it's not that bad, but more importantly it's cheaper(dust wise) than having both black knight and tinkmaster. If you have both legendaries they become quite a bit redundant but otherwise pretty nice.
the legendaries also take 2 cards less. i can see putting abusive sergeants in with a priest deck that uses the sw:death anyway. i cant come to terms with finding space for 4 cards to remove 2 middling minions. the idea of calling the sergeant overpowered now is just ludicrous

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah definitely stupid, but it's definitely a lot better for priest decks now. I'm not sure about BGH but if you already run a BGH for rag/giants/alex, might as well run a sergeant too. It kills ancient of war/lore/guardian of kings and sylvanas(but not a good idea for that since she'll deathrattle one of these 2).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
the legendaries also take 2 cards less. i can see putting abusive sergeants in with a priest deck that uses the sw:death anyway. i cant come to terms with finding space for 4 cards to remove 2 middling minions. the idea of calling the sergeant overpowered now is just ludicrous
I was just using that as another example. Abusive sergeant was already a pretty good card on its own, giving it more versatility I think you are going to see it a lot more.

Its not just 4 cards to remove 2 minions, its 4 cards to remove 2 minions and get 4 minions. Force your opponent to respond to them and the cards have already more than paid for themselves. If your opponent can't respond to them in an efficient manner and they get to kill more minions then you just generated a huge advantage.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The meta is going to be interesting to watch over the next few weeks. That's for sure.

Druids and Paladins are going to be VERY strong after the nerf hits but I expect we'll be seeing some counter decks start to spring up once the streamers start to trailblaze like they tend to do. As for the Strifecro anti-aggro deck: Formerly it included 2 Novice Engineers and 1 Loot Hoarder. I already swapped out the Engineers for 2 Hoarders and tossed in Nat Pagle in. Go go 6 Legendary deck!

Zulst_sl

shitlord
As I always say with Antonidas:...
Since they're taking away the turn 8 and 9 Pyro's to the face, if you still want that burn potential, protecting an Antonidas with Spellbenders and other shit like that might be more favorable.

A deck like the one I'm using right now:

ntFhrDa.jpg

Could be changed to something like(just threw it together to show how one might protect an Antonidas):

2oRSl63.jpg

I still think a Warrior deck like this one would still be effective even after the nerf. Maybe put something else in there besides charge but you'd really only have to switch out the Novice Engineers for Loot Hoarders and you really don't even have to do that.

B2cJxvi.jpg

And as mentioned before, Argus still too strong.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Playing this game has made me reinstall MTGO , anyone want to play some pauper?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This patch just ruined any interested I had left in the game. This isn't a fuckin MMO you dickshits and just flailing around the nerf bat every patch is going to homogenize the whole thing in to pointlessness. I have absolutely zero interest in playing this if every patch/every other patch they are just going to stomp all over whatever the 2-3 most popular decks are.

On the plus side, anyone wanna buy an account? I have 6 copies of Sylvanas ready to disenchant, and a gold one.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I do agree that they are homogenizing things too much. Their vision for the game is just a boring, grindy, slug-fest with no variety in the style you can play. Also their "We just made a bunch of huge changes and we don't want to make any more!" line is so shortsighted. You don't think you'll want to adjust anything just a little bit after you see how these changes transform the meta?

The Master

Bronze Squire
Doesn't entirely feel like it is being balanced by people experienced with CCGs. Which is weird, because the people behind it developed the WoW CCG and as a team they have done tons of other card games... I think the ability to rebalance because it is all digital is something they haven't figured out.

Also the fact that they completely skipped balancing arena by rarity and constructed by actually dealing with the cards is silly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
"This should be our last big set of balance changes; once we go live, we plan to make very few card changes, and only if they are absolutely necessary. "

It doesn't say they won't make changes to these changes. It says "live" too, which isn't for several months most likely, it's going to go "open beta" first and stay like that for a while most likely. I think the changes are ok, mostly, they change fairly stupid mechanics, granted I don't think these mechanics were necessarily overpowered and they could have been kept in the game, but it's their typical "protect the casual" response. OTK warrior was annoying to play against, now it's a lot more restricted and doesn't really OTK but you can still kill in 2 turns from 30 to 0 with the proper setup. Pyroblast nerf forces mages to play out a little bit longer which will force them to make some changes to their decks instead of "ignore everything, hope you draw enough damage and burn". You know like, counterspell/spellbender and polymorph, those spells that no one bother using because "lulz turn 8 gg". It's interesting for example that there's many control decks yet mage pretty much never plays as control, even though they have the best control spells in the game?

I don't know, maybe it's because they're not nerfing shit I'm playing so I don't mind the nerfs that much, but as far as I can see the nerfs aren't really bad for the game, as long at some point they stop nerfing and start adding new shit instead. Which won't happen until after live sadly, so that's way far from now.