Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
haha suckered Rav into a wild duel with his standard deck, and he still had me on the ropes at one point and managed to hold on til we were just shy of fatigue before I finally ground him down.
That was a fun game. You totally won all from that 1 boom bot nailing my bully for 3!
I was surprised I lasted to fatigue too and perhaps I could have won if I planned out an arch mage turn, I didn't expect 2 quest guys as my last 2 cards, needed 1 sooner. Had arch mage in hand but assume you could remove so was going for a 2 turn kill will quest. Oh well!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Quest rogue is pure cancer. Turn 4 he gets his quest done and drops a 16/16 Edwin van cleef.

It is kind of ridiculous that a 4 card combo of X + Shadowstep/Ferryman/Brewmaster can trigger the rogue quest.

It is just too easy to assemble that. Then proceed to outvalue your opponent for days.

The shaman quest is much better designed in the sense that completing the murloc quest doesn't immediately give you a huge advantage. Just gives you one strong murloc and an additional hand of murlocs so you don't run out of steam.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mage deck update: have gone 8-3 since previous post and am now rank 3.
17-6 record overall

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
To those complaining about questing rogue or mage try questing warrior. Double dirty rat can straight out put an end to their shenanigans and if not it out values the rogue and mage doesn't have forever freezing your board when you have ragnaros hero power.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My only gripe about the mage deck is that, while you can play around the expected doomsayer/bliz/frost nova/iceblock. You can't play around them getting more ice blocks/bliz/novas from babbling book/cabalist tome/primordial glyph. Stalling until they eventually assemble their infinite fireball bullshit.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Latest game against questing rogue, I curved out with taunt minions starting turn 2 dirty rat pulling out a ferryman. He still hadn't completed his quest by turn 9 when I won with ragnaros hero power. Not afraid to drop dirty rat turn 2 against rogue since violet teacher is the only bad minion to pull and its not like they're going to keep it in the mulligan so you have to be quite unlucky for that to happen.

Not sure what is worse, losing a game because you made a mistake or losing a game because you lost several rng rolls in a single game.

Oh and the new warrior legendary, King Crush, has been pretty solid as I thought. Great in control matchups and great as just an execute + big body when needed. Was able to beat a quest priest in fatigue whom used that new deathrattle legendary with the devilsaur egg and the guy that makes a 1/1 copy to fill his board with eggs and devilsaurs so I really needed that third board clear.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I gave up on buffadin, it was 100% against pirate warriors, 6-0, but too inconsistent against other stuff.

Made a highlander mage that I am having impressive luck with... no idea how it fares against extreme aggro or quest rogue, but am 9-3 (75% win rate) against random stuff right now and just got Rank 4.

The warriors have been taunt warriors.
Paladins / Druid / Shaman / Rogue matches were closest thing to aggro but didn't seem too bad.
Hardest matches were against Handlock and the losses were all close.
Only stomp was the Mage playing a tempo version and just nuked my face every turn.

View attachment 130466

You're not trying to rush quest or setup a specific OTK combo, you're just trying to keep board clear for a while and wait until you can piece together an OTK. It can happen multiple ways, most of the time it requires using the Quest but it's not necessary if you have Iceblock up and can just do a 2-turn kill with Alex/Fireballs/Pyro etc.

Lots and lots of combos and every match is different.

View attachment 130464
View attachment 130465

Okay so been experimenting building anti OTK deck because this deck is probably my most hated opponent ever. All aggro all the time now baby. Fucking stupid deck. Just like everyone said. Extra turn mechanic + the echo clone thing is going to be broken.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So Druid swarm aggro is the best thing since sliced bread. Mark of Lotus, Power of the Wild, Savage Roar, and Evolving Spores for tons of Bloodlust effects. Then just fill up on small good value creatures, Force of Nature, and Soul of the Forest.

I got annihilated by this deck and then made it, it absolutely rapes.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Okay so been experimenting building anti OTK deck because this deck is probably my most hated opponent ever. All aggro all the time now baby. Fucking stupid deck. Just like everyone said. Extra turn mechanic + the echo clone thing is going to be broken.

My version isn't the Molten OTK and in fact my deck isn't an OTK really, I just named it that originally when building, and it transformed into a highlander mage.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My version isn't the Molten OTK and in fact my deck isn't an OTK really, I just named it that originally when building, and it transformed into a highlander mage.

I didn't mean yours there are several versions floating around. Either the Clown Car Apprentice Fireball Combo or the Arcane Giant Face Combo.

It seems to be really consistent in getting enough rng produced stalling cards in order to either

A.)
  • Apprentice, Apprentice, Molten Echo, Molten Echo, Warp
  • Antonidas
  • Fireball until death.
I've been killed at 40HP on Priest with this so there's no stopping it if it happens.

B.)
  • Arcane Giant, Arcane Giant
  • Warp
  • Alexstraza
  • Kill with Giants
No stopping that combo either.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's looking like I was wrong when I said this wouldn't be the worst meta ever for the third time in a row.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Playing this game earlier as Rogue vs Mage I realized the real problem in both the Mage and Rogue decks is Babbling Book and Swashbuckler. Those 2 cards are just too OP in classes that can use them several times.

• 1Like

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
The gold bordered cards, can they be used in addition to non gold bordered cards of same name?

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hmm. Tempted to mulligan away the Mage quest and use it later. I'm finding that most my games I don't really start casting the spells until 15 turns later and I win many of them without ever even completing it. Could use the extra card in my starting hand. Wonder if any of the pros have tested this as a min/max yet.

Just had a hilarious win against a Rogue where my Mana Bind stole Shadowstep. So I cast my Inkmaster Scolia on an empty board to cast a Firelands Portal to his face, which summoned a Doomguard. 10 damage right there. He kills the Doomguard, but next turn I attack with Scolia, Shadowstep it and Pyroblast his face for another 15 damage + frostbolt for lethal.That was the only spell I cast for the quest that game. I prefer Mana Bind over Burgle Bully, the only con is you have a lower chance of drawing Ice Block from your Arcanomancer or whatever it is that draws a secret from your deck. Mana Bind rocks.

After playing a few more games with the Highlander Mage I don't really like it at all. It's far too weak without Reno and Azure Drake and some other tools. You have to pray you get a 2nd Ice Block or something from one of your things, if you don't you are pretty screwed. And the wincon is pretty hard to pull off since you often need to use Scolia to save yourself. Maybe I'm just having bad luck though, haven't seen Alex once.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've only watched Day9 so far, and it seems some quests you should just mulligan away, because actually trying to complete them as fast as possible just results in certain losses. For example, the closest he got to actually pulling off the Lakkari thing was by going Handlock with Deathwing to just toss 6 cards from playing Deathwing for an instant completion of the quest. In two hours of trying mass discard lock he lost every single game and it was not even close because he always ran out of cards to play.

of course there's the rogue quest where you have to be careful to not finish it on turn 3 already because you can't play the 5 mana card on turn 4 =P

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Are people holding mimic in quest rogue? I added 2 coldlights and it improved the deck a ton imo. Hilarious mill shenanigans in mid/late games. Dropped van cleef and a backstab

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Are people holding mimic in quest rogue? I added 2 coldlights and it improved the deck a ton imo. Hilarious mill shenanigans in mid/late games. Dropped van cleef and a backstab

Might try that out. Mimic is too inconsistent. I've had it give me 2 Eviscerates which opened a 2nd win con via Thalnos + 3 Eviscerates to the face, but other times it really screws you over like when you get Acolyte of Pain. Lol I did just get Mimic Pod via Mana bind though and that was awesome. Too bad it gave me 2 Alexstraszas. Woulda been awesome to get another Glyph or Block.

Fucking love Mana Bind. This highlander Mage deck is fucking garbage though. highlander isn't worth it. Maybe I'll try partial highlander, cos fuck this it is so hard to stay alive against just about everything out there right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Got 40 packs, picked up the Paladin Quest. Because, of course.

Simply cant beat Rogue quest with this deck. Also crafted the Rogue quest, its way OP, just don't like the style of play. So I've been getting my face stomped in with Paladin. About 50/50 with other decks and like 1 win vs Rogues out of 50.

• 1Like