Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Regretting crafting the Warlock quest now. It looked fun in discard lock but most lists have cut it. It's too hard to get it to trigger. Oh well, such is life.
Yeah, I crafted warlock quest, warrior quest, kalimos, and sherizan. And the only one I regret crafting is warlock quest. Fuck, I might even dust it because its so shitty.

Good time to echo what others have said because I had the same thought prior also. They really should have and I'm honestly a little surprised they didn't, allow each player to pick one quest.

The meta will never slow down, it was nothing but aggro this morning for me, all different classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
MFW the first person to ever play Elise against me gets Elise from their Un'goro pack.

Happened to me last night fam... along with the piece of shit getting Dragonfire Potion from various things and using it on me four fucking times. I rage quit after that and haven't played for 12 hours.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I crafted warlock quest, warrior quest, kalimos, and sherizan. And the only one I regret crafting is warlock quest. Fuck, I might even dust it because its so shitty.

Good time to echo what others have said because I had the same thought prior also. They really should have and I'm honestly a little surprised they didn't, allow each player to pick one quest.

The meta will never slow down, it was nothing but aggro this morning for me, all different classes.

What decks you playing?
Just adding Tar Creeper & Stonehill can be enough to slow down aggro for most control decks. Stonehill has been a sleeper hit. Most classes have some good taunt minions you can discover, especially Paladin, Warrior, Druid. Slows aggro and allows you to add a resource to fit your curve.

Happened to me last night fam... along with the piece of shit getting Dragonfire Potion from various things and using it on me four fucking times. I rage quit after that and haven't played for 12 hours.

Priest is really bullshit right now. That shadow visions card is so good, I think it was severely underestimated originally. I think Priest will be a Tier 1 deck with Taunt Warrior once next VS report or meta snapshot are out.

--------

So I'm going to try a couple decks to pray on these slower decks.
1.) Mill Druid
Mill Druid - Hearthstone Decks

Mill Druid

Slower decks are ripe for milling. Rogues lost Gang Up so Druid is probably best bet again. This is completely theorycraft and I won't get to test till this evening.

My ideas are Dirty Rat, Tar Hill & Stonehill allow you to protect your Reporter.
Hogleader can go face after a Naturalize, or use to remove big threats.
Against Aggro (Hunter), hopefully between taunts+armor(feral) you can persevere.

May fail miserably, just going to give it 5 or so games to test.

2.) Control N'Zoth Paladin
Control Paladin - Hearthstone Decks

Control Paladin

So N'Zoth Paladin in the past only had 3 big deathrattles... 1 was lost but now we have Stonehill that can discover more Deathrattle Taunts (Tirion/Tauren/some others). Plenty of taunts in this deck and decent removal. The Vinecleaver and N'Zoth stuff will help against Taunt Warrior Rag power in theory.

Hydrologist is fucking amazing too, can get Kodo to get another tirion or can get Eye for an Eye to get lethal against Warrior/Priest big attacks...

Again, may fail miserably, but will be tested!

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What decks you playing?
Just adding Tar Creeper & Stonehill can be enough to slow down aggro for most control decks. Stonehill has been a sleeper hit. Most classes have some good taunt minions you can discover, especially Paladin, Warrior, Druid. Slows aggro and allows you to add a resource to fit your curve.
Playing taunt warrior, was getting some bad opening hands/draws. You're still dead to aggro if you don't draw things like acolyte, tar, or stonehill. Even stabilizing in the end, lost one due to kill command and another to evis.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Playing taunt warrior, was getting some bad opening hands/draws. You're still dead to aggro if you don't draw things like acolyte, tar, or stonehill. Even stabilizing in the end, lost one due to kill command and another to evis.
Oh I agree, I had a 45% win rate against Hunter yesterday with Taunt Warrior. Then Today I go 2-0 first thing. Very draw dependent.. for both decks. If they can adapt their 1 drop with something good then it gets rough, and seems like they all have BK now.. and Hunters mark when it counts.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oops, forgot to insert this quote in my last post. Not that we didn't already know blizzard rng isn't totally rng, but there is no fucking way. For someone to get elise in an elise pack the odds have to be stupid fucking low, like .0001%. For it to happen to two people in two games sort of proves it can't be totally random.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Are people actually getting Elise or are they just getting duplicate packs from Shadow Visions? It's kinda the same deal right? 5/5 body isn't so bad usually but discovering the Pack with Shadow Visions to add 5 extra cards to hand immediately can be a huge deal. I kinda just though people were pissed about the shadow vision combo...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oops, forgot to insert this quote in my last post. Not that we didn't already know blizzard rng isn't totally rng, but there is no fucking way. For someone to get elise in an elise pack the odds have to be stupid fucking low, like .0001%. For it to happen to two people in two games sort of proves it can't be totally random.

It's actually like 3.5% chance of happening. Only 135 cards and you get 5 chances to roll Elise... also the packs are weighted to have decent cards, so odds are probably even better than that. If you are guaranteed to get at least 1 Legendary, and there are 23 Legendaries with Un'Goro, that's 4% chance as well. So idk what the exact formula is but I expect the odds to be between 5-10% chance of getting Elise.
(that 23 legendaries includes 9 quests which im not sure can even show up?)
If Quests can't appear, that's 14 Legendaries, or 7% chance if guaranteed 1 legendary minion

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are people actually getting Elise or are they just getting duplicate packs from Shadow Visions? It's kinda the same deal right? 5/5 body isn't so bad usually but discovering the Pack with Shadow Visions to add 5 extra cards to hand immediately can be a huge deal. I kinda just though people were pissed about the shadow vision combo...
Is that how it works?, its a spell? I didn't know that, I just assumed it shuffled 5 random ungoro cards into your deck like prince malchazar.
It's actually like 3.5% chance of happening. Only 135 cards and you get 5 chances to roll Elise... also the packs are weighted to have decent cards, so odds are probably even better than that. If you are guaranteed to get at least 1 Legendary, and there are 23 Legendaries with Un'Goro, that's 4% chance as well. So idk what the exact formula is but I expect the odds to be between 5-10% chance of getting Elise.
(that 23 legendaries includes 9 quests which im not sure can even show up?)
If Quests can't appear, that's 14 Legendaries, or 7% chance if guaranteed 1 legendary minion
So it is weighted, so its not totally random. When it says shuffle a sealed un'goro pack into your deck I'm just assuming it'll have the same odds as a pack you buy, which is about a 1/30 chance of a legendary and then 1/23 chance its Elise. Didn't know they already stated it was weighted to have better cards.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea the Lyra Priest deck has Elise for Un'Goro Pack shenanigans, to discover with Shadow Visions.. have seen some crazy shit happen with that deck lol.

LOL, Feelink burned his Rogue Quest reward in the Tournament , hahahah.. He was playing Coldlights to fatigue the mage

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I haven't had as much time as I want to play, but I'm loving the Priest Quest deck. It does so many things, and you can win in some many ways and it's just plain fun. It so often end up with opponents conceding after the Amara turn, or the N'Zoth turn, especially if he pulls 2-3 taunts.

It's my favorite type of deck...it might not be the best, but it's one of the most fun so far.

I really want to try something with Lyra since I have her too, it looks like it will be fun too.

Yup I love it! Do you have Spiritsinger Umbra? I really don't want to craft her just for this deck, but I don't see much use for her anywhere else at the moment. Do you play the 3 mana flower that can steal a card from the opponent's deck if you guess right? i'm also missing that, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Seems pretty good though, the choices are obvious really.

I think inner fire combo priest might be the strongest it's ever been.

What's the main package?

Just saw Disguised Toast post a video about a new combo. It's a paladin deck that boasts Hemet, Holy Wrath and Molten giants as the only cards costing more than 3. Play Hemet, ideally with Holy Wrath in hand. Next turn you have a 66% chance to draw a Molten Giant for 25 damage to the face using Holy Wrath. Pretty lulzy

Been wanting to try it, but don't want to craft Hemet. It's hilarious though. I am genuinely curious if it makes it to a top deck, it very well may and end up getting nerfed. I know that seems extreme, but if it did become a top deck, Blizzard wouldn't like OTK 25 damage via one spell. But damn if it doesn't seem fun.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was "lucky" to get Hemet in a pack. Maybe I should try that deck, sounds hilarious.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Would probably be better to try mountain giants and put in Goya so you can shuffle giant back in deck if you draw them before hemet, but pretty sure it's going to be trash no matter what... fun and hilarious though.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I want to try Lyra deck first, maybe after that I can try the Hemet combo.

What does everyone consider to be necessary legendaries this time around? Not counting quests.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yup I love it! Do you have Spiritsinger Umbra? I really don't want to craft her just for this deck, but I don't see much use for her anywhere else at the moment. Do you play the 3 mana flower that can steal a card from the opponent's deck if you guess right? i'm also missing that, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Seems pretty good though, the choices are obvious really.

I have Spiritsinger Umbra, it's a fun card and useful, but not necessarily a must have, it adds to what you can do, mostly end up using it for card draw, or 3 damage from that elemental that deals 3 when it dies. I am not using the flower that can steal a card though even though I have 1 copy of the card in my collection.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to try Lyra deck first, maybe after that I can try the Hemet combo.

What does everyone consider to be necessary legendaries this time around? Not counting quests.

For Legendary minions, really only 3 seeing lots of play:

Elise is popping up in a lot of stuff
Sherazin for the Miracle Rogue deck
Lyra for Priest

Rest haven't found a home atm.

Paladin Legendary is borderline
Clutchmother is borderline

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I guess Lyra is next for me. Dont like rogue so no need for Sherazin. And elise was the first thing I crafted since i tend to play decks that end up in fatigue often. Amusingly enough though, my favorite deck, and most effective one so far, is mage aggro and it requires no legendaries and overall is the cheapest deck to play.

• 1Like