Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the Innervate nerf hurts Jade a lot more than people realize. It's a pretty big Tempo swing a lot of the time.

Jade Druid is a beatable deck though, especially when slowed down from stuff like this.

The aggro decks got hit the hardest though, all of them got nerfed except Evolve Shaman, which is only pseudo aggro.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
War Axe will still see play in almost every warrior deck
Hex nerf was out of the blue, but is now comparable to Polymorph, seems fine.

War axe will still likely see play, because what else do warriors have? It's still I stupid nerf IMO.
Hex being 4 isn't the issue (and I agree, it's in line with poly and probably fine) it's the reasoning they used to come to that conclusion is just ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So Jade will be mostly unaffected, but Aggro/Token Druid and Taunt Druid are gonna feel the pain from the nerfs. The loss of speed won't hurt Jade/Ramp decks much, just slightly open the window to aggro decks before the ramp takes over. Fast tempo druid decks are really going to feel the hurt of the loss of innverate.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Sigh, so I got back into this shitshow. Silence priest is still fun and OP.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if the meta will be good/better, but all I see is a deck like this getting stronger: Dog's Mill Warrior - Hearthstone Decks

I played Dog's fatigue warrior for a day, started out pretty strong, then did worse as I faced more Aggro shit. It only runs 1 war axe as-is. Slower Jades and weaker aggro means it can win against most of the problem decks. It's very strong against Priest and other control types. Wins against Aggro if they don't get the nuts, which these nerfs help with.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The thing about the War Axe nerf is that it hurts control warrior decks way more than aggro ones. It's kind of annoying.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game still shit
Just so you know, I reflected on your post, how much enjoyment I get out of HS without spending money on it, and your post made me uninstall the game now.

fuck getting 1/3 of each working deck on an expansion and by the time the next one hits even with all the quest gold in the world still only getting 1/3 of all the key cards from the 60-70 packs I can afford by then.

If at least you could play casual to enjoy your shit decks, but it's fully built jade cancer, pirate warrior, token druid and Razakus Priests there every other game just the same

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm 4-0 today with Secret Burn Mage vs Jade Druid. Maybe 6-1 in the past 2 days

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Just lost a game because a shaman had one out. Now check out the one out that he had. Turn 7. I had 3 minions on board. 1 was a Corpsetaker with windfury, taunt, divine shield, lifesteal, one was a Corpsetaker that he had hexed and i had one Vilespine Slayer.

He had an empty board. He Doppelgangsters and Evolves. Even then, he could get some taunts to stop me, but i had a Spellbreaker in hand. What does he get? He gets 2 charge minions from the 3. He gets a Argent Commander and a Reckless Rocketeer. There are 42 (or 43) 6 cost minions in the game. 2 of them have charge. He got 2 out of 3. I don't even want to think what the odds of that are. He won the game thereafter. That's Hearthstone.

I wasn't serious earlier about quitting, but i'm dissing my cards and uninstalling the game this time around. This game is beyond aids.

• 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Suck my balls, game.

Hearthstone Screenshot 09-05-17 23.24.28.png

• 1Smuggly

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In case you still doubted if Blizzard is now designing their games with complete retards in mind

The other option we considered for Fiery War Axe was to lower its attack to 2, but that change didn’t feel intuitive enough. Generally, changing the mana cost of a card is less disruptive, because you can always see the mana cost of cards in your hand.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
their criteria for nerfs just shows how fucking retarded they are. No fucking shit all shamans play hex, what the fuck else do they have?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In case you still doubted if Blizzard is now designing their games with complete retards in mind

Classic example of something that sounds reasonable in a boardroom but definitely not something you want to publish.... just lie

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if the meta will be good/better, but all I see is a deck like this getting stronger: Dog's Mill Warrior - Hearthstone Decks

I played Dog's fatigue warrior for a day, started out pretty strong, then did worse as I faced more Aggro shit. It only runs 1 war axe as-is. Slower Jades and weaker aggro means it can win against most of the problem decks. It's very strong against Priest and other control types. Wins against Aggro if they don't get the nuts, which these nerfs help with.

I hope so at least that deck looks fun.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
As far as actual changes I think they should implement, I've never understand why they didn't just make arena something like 'pick 35, cut 5 to make a deck of 30' as a hybrid of the way sealed/draft works in MTG. This would soften the impact of taking a few 'synergy' cards that don't end up working out, and make it a more fun and skill testing format. No one likes picking a servant of kalimos/blazecaller 1st and then not getting offered a single elemental the rest of the draft. If you got to pick 35 total cards and then cut 5, you could cut that subpar card since you ended up with 0 elementals and not feel bad about it. The power level and consistency of decks would go up, but it'd be across the board for the most part. Might need to do some further balance tweaks, but I think it'd be worth it. It's better then just auto losing some matches because you didn't draw an early drop and they did.

Something like that could get me interested in hearthstone again, an actual draft or sealed mode would really get my attention.

• 1Like