Hearthstone

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck at the Hex nerf?? Not one post ever complained about Hex. As long as I have played this game I have never once considered Hex to be too powerful. It is a Shaman ability. The Fiery War Axe cost nerf should have come with a raise to the amount of use from 2 too 3. This would have have at least put it more in line with every other 3 cost weapon. I agree that Innervate was powerful but it only became real powerful when Druids also got the ability to recover their hand so easily. Now the card is equal to the rogue card. Why not just give every class the ability to ramp one?

I like how Ice Block will be banned in the future...........sigh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What the fuck at the Hex nerf?? Not one post ever complained about Hex. As long as I have played this game I have never once considered Hex to be too powerful. It is a Shaman ability. The Fiery War Axe cost nerf should have come with a raise to the amount of use from 2 too 3. This would have have at least put it more in line with every other 3 cost weapon. I agree that Innervate was powerful but it only became real powerful when Druids also got the ability to recover their hand so easily. Now the card is equal to the rogue card. Why not just give every class the ability to ramp one?

I like how Ice Block will be banned in the future...........sigh.

Hex has always been powerful, it's still going to be powerful. But Shaman don't often have the other tools for a Control list. Hex has still made its way into Aggro or token lineups.

Axe is a loss, but I don't think it'll be as detrimental as people think for the non-Aggro lists. Nerfing aggro boosts Control more than anything. The new weapon is good, even though it's 4 mana, and they've printed other really good weapons in the past. Even King's Defender would have seen play if not for FWA, it wasn't a bad card, just overshadowed. We'll definitely see more warrior weapons in the future. Maybe they can actually get a decent 2-drop now... they've actually had some decent ones: Alexstraza's Champion, Armorsmith, Cruel Taskmaster... PIRATES. They could use a more proactive 2-drop, everything they have right now is defensive (public defender too). Alex' Champ was proactive, they need something that poses a threat on 2. Something with a 2/3 statline preferably. Cornered Sentry is kinda that 2/3 but ... yea.

Innervate has been the strongest druid card forever, way way before UI. It's been a constant complaint forever, especially in competitive. Common analysis is "Innervate in opening hand is a win". It sees play even when their other ramp cards don't (aggro/tokens). Cheating mana is super strong. The fact it compares with the new rogue coin is not very consequential. It's not unheard of for a couple classes to share a similar card. Holy Smite = Arcane Shot for example. Also, Counterfeit Coin won't be in Standard forever. Innervate may be in standard forever if the nerfed version doesn't go to HoF.

---

Savjz has a reasonable take on the nerfs and I pretty much 100% agree with his assessment. I do think UI needed a tweak and everything else is reasonable. Plague probably not nerfed hard enough still.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Fireside Gatherings

Team Void is definitely the stronger team. The light cardback looks better though
Team Void all the way, I like the color scheme better too. I can't stand Kripp/Reynad saltiness. Haven't watched Allie much but the couple times seemed like she wasn't very comfortable in front of the camera, a bit awkward.
Dog/Thijs are pretty chill though, watch them a lot.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I watched Kripp and Reynad highlights, quit a while ago, and dusted my collection to ensure I never come back. I wonder if there's correlation.

Why do I still read this thread?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rafaam is so fun.

TZRP1hu.png

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I watched Kripp and Reynad highlights, quit a while ago, and dusted my collection to ensure I never come back. I wonder if there's correlation.

Why do I still read this thread?

I've most definitely enjoyed following the game more than playing it. Maybe you're in the same boat.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't seem like there is a reward outside of the cardback you choose?

It's going to tilt people that there is a card back that's impossible to get

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
### SwarmLock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Possessed Villager
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Darkshire Councilman
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Defender of Argus
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
# 1x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAf0GCNMB8gXECPauApG8AqbOApfTApziAgsw9QX7BeUHwgi0rALrwgLKwwLKywL3zQKVzgIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't tell if just still at early ranks in the beginning of the month or drakkari enchanter(end of turns trigger twice) + grimestreet enforcer(give minions in hand +1/+1) is pretty solid, either way had surprising fun playing hand buff paladin today.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

I've done hundreds of arena runs over the years and this is without question the most ridiculous deck I've ever had or possibly ever seen in arena. Am currently 8-0 and am just roflstomping every single opponent. I only came close to dying to a hunter who was able to get me to 2 and had 1 card in hand and drew 1 so I had to sweat that one a bit but other than that every game has basically been Mike Tyson vs Old man in a wheelchair.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Will be my 2nd 12-0 ever~

Also is it just me or did they intentionally nerf the frequency of getting mage in arena? Not only have I gone 4 runs in a row without being able to pick mage once but I've faced very few mages in general. Of these 11 wins the only mage I faced was game 11.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider

Will be my 2nd 12-0 ever~

Also is it just me or did they intentionally nerf the frequency of getting mage in arena? Not only have I gone 4 runs in a row without being able to pick mage once but I've faced very few mages in general. Of these 11 wins the only mage I faced was game 11.

Mages are a bit worse this expansion since they don't get the occurrence bonus on glyph or meteor. That might be why.

• 1Like