Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just going to keep posting because you guys are fucking boring!

I have 26k dust, plus I have all the hall of game cards golden. That's a shit load of dust. I preordered, I have about 4k gold, I think I'll buy 120 packs after that. That should really be everything.

I might craft the odd even guys golden. I'll have to take a look to see if there any other legendaries I want golden before I start opening packs. Toki for memes seems not worth it. The Priest Legendaries are probably playable. The Shaman legendaries are probably nuts. Lord Godfrey. Countess.

Probably only the odd guy, the even guy doesn't feel nearly as good.

No, you are!

I was sleeping!

--

I'm trying to digest the new cards. These few days before a new rotation/expansion are the most fun for me due to so much changing... what leaves, what's coming, etc etc.

Going through my theorycraft lists of the past couple weeks....

Decks that seem really good:

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Cubelock:
Echo Cubelock - Hearthstone Decks
  • Some witchwood additions give it added consistency and possibly power.
  • Ratcatcher is another cube destroyer that can't be erased by Geist, and it has Rush. It's looking to be an incredibly powerful addition.
  • Lord Godfrey seems insane
  • Glinda with Sea Giants could be an additional power move and requires only 2 cards (1x Glinda 1x Sea Giant)
  • They could try other things with Glinda as well: Echo Happy Ghouls, Gnomeferatus
  • Curse of Weakness might be a sleeper here, the debuff lasts for the opponent's whole turn, meaning they could be stuck with 0 attack minions for an entire turn, it could also combo with the destroy all <=2atk minion creature. Might be worth replacing Twisting Nether or Doomsayers with this, as it essentially removes a board for a turn, without destroying your own.

⋆⋆⋆ Quest Warrior:
WIP Odd Quest - Hearthstone Decks
  • I'm convinced a Quest Warrior deck exists, particularly "Odd" flavored.
  • Upgraded Hero Power from turn 1 will be insane and gives you a 4 damage AoE minimum for 5 mana with Reckless Flurry
  • Add in Rush cards that can be Tutored for faster draws & superior board control
  • Not many decks can withstand the Rag hero power once you've obtained it.
  • Add Automatons for 16 damage bombs, keep Brawl handy for a 50/50 win once opponent is <=16 health
  • A non-odd list opens up additional removal & armor gains, still a viable option and perhaps better, since you lose the Upgraded HP after Quest is done, might not be worth going Odd with Quest due to this.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Spiteful Priest :
WIP Spiteful Lady - Hearthstone Decks

• I do not think Spiteful Priest is losing much at all and they have the tools to create big boards fast and also counter a lot.
  • Spiteful gets better due to the Old Gods rotating. Expect many more Deathwings and Tyrantus.... on turn 5/6.
  • Lady in White adds more power to a deck that's already super powerful
  • Mind Control is an insane swing card, especially when it's cast for free (Archivist).
  • I added Witchwood Piper to my list to get my Keleseth/Chameleos/Draw Engine faster.

⋆⋆⋆⋆ Elemental Mage:
WIP Elemental Mage - Hearthstone Decks

• New Minion Draw engine seems good
  • Voodoo Doll is strong
  • Jaina will always be strong if you can get to her and play her.
  • My 1 concern was "how do I beat Shudderwock"... so I added Azalina. (which replaced my flex card: Witchs Cauldron, that I intended to remove anyway)
    • If a Shaman goes infinite, you can steal his Shudderwock, which might even be 1 mana, and if you play him you also have a ton of great Battlecries, as well as Azalina, so you can also go infinite with Shudderwocks. And you'll put 1-2 secrets into play and generate a Water Elemental.
    • Once in Jaina you don't really need anymore cards from hand (or won't have many), so replacing with Opponent's hand seems viable.
  • Against most other decks you can usually out-sustain into fatigue, but I assume Shudderwock will be an "infinite" deck with the 2 mana card that keeps putting copies into deck & also Grumble that adds a 1/1 copy to hand, so any other Fatigue deck (such as Elemental Mage), needs to have a game plan for it.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Shudderwock Shaman:
WIP Battlecry - Hearthstone Decks

• The most hyped up deck/card of this expansion. I think it's safe to assume this is going to be overpowered/broken off the bat.
  • The community can over hype cards for sure, but I don't think it's the case here. The community has also been good to point out broken stuff (Jade Idol). When there is an overwhelming agreement, it's usually accurate to say it's OP as fuck.
  • Shudderwock decks will be everywhere day 1 and it's just a matter of finding the right formula.
  • It's a card that's "infinite" everything: Removal, resource generation, fatigue immunity...
  • Best part about it: The opponent can't stop it. No Dirty Rat, no way to interrupt the Battlecries, Can't silence it, it's safe as hell
  • Day 1 Craft right here, get a golden one while you're at it, it'll be in the meta for a while.

---------

Meme Decks:
* Have a single win condition that is very hard to pull off, but is immensely satisfying when it works*

OTK/TTK Hero Power Hunter
OTK/TTK Boars + Dire Frenzy
OTK/TTK Quest Druid with Splintergrafts / Boars

Bad Deck Ideas I tried to make a list for:
* Decks that might seem good, but get outclassed by the meta decks in every way*

Hadronox Druid
Control / Dragon Hunter
Dragon Paladin

----------

Decks to consider:

Hand Druid
Flood Paladin (odd list with upgraded HP)
Kingsbane Rogue: Coldlights get rotated but the weapon is still powerful, could still be a list
Quest Rogue: Echo might open this deck back up

----------

My initial class ranking:

Shaman, Warlock, Priest
Mage, Druid, Warrior
Paladin, Rogue
Hunter

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No, you are!

I was sleeping!

--

I'm trying to digest the new cards. These few days before a new rotation/expansion are the most fun for me due to so much changing... what leaves, what's coming, etc etc.

Going through my theorycraft lists of the past couple weeks....

Decks that seem really good:

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Cubelock:
Echo Cubelock - Hearthstone Decks
  • Some witchwood additions give it added consistency and possibly power.
  • Ratcatcher is another cube destroyer that can't be erased by Geist, and it has Rush. It's looking to be an incredibly powerful addition.
  • Lord Godfrey seems insane
  • Glinda with Sea Giants could be an additional power move and requires only 2 cards (1x Glinda 1x Sea Giant)
  • They could try other things with Glinda as well: Echo Happy Ghouls, Gnomeferatus
  • Curse of Weakness might be a sleeper here, the debuff lasts for the opponent's whole turn, meaning they could be stuck with 0 attack minions for an entire turn, it could also combo with the destroy all <=2atk minion creature. Might be worth replacing Twisting Nether or Doomsayers with this, as it essentially removes a board for a turn, without destroying your own.

⋆⋆⋆ Quest Warrior:
WIP Odd Quest - Hearthstone Decks
  • I'm convinced a Quest Warrior deck exists, particularly "Odd" flavored.
  • Upgraded Hero Power from turn 1 will be insane and gives you a 4 damage AoE minimum for 5 mana with Reckless Flurry
  • Add in Rush cards that can be Tutored for faster draws & superior board control
  • Not many decks can withstand the Rag hero power once you've obtained it.
  • Add Automatons for 16 damage bombs, keep Brawl handy for a 50/50 win once opponent is <=16 health
  • A non-odd list opens up additional removal & armor gains, still a viable option and perhaps better, since you lose the Upgraded HP after Quest is done, might not be worth going Odd with Quest due to this.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Spiteful Priest :
WIP Spiteful Lady - Hearthstone Decks

• I do not think Spiteful Priest is losing much at all and they have the tools to create big boards fast and also counter a lot.
  • Spiteful gets better due to the Old Gods rotating. Expect many more Deathwings and Tyrantus.... on turn 5/6.
  • Lady in White adds more power to a deck that's already super powerful
  • Mind Control is an insane swing card, especially when it's cast for free (Archivist).
  • I added Witchwood Piper to my list to get my Keleseth/Chameleos/Draw Engine faster.

⋆⋆⋆⋆ Elemental Mage:
WIP Elemental Mage - Hearthstone Decks

• New Minion Draw engine seems good
  • Voodoo Doll is strong
  • Jaina will always be strong if you can get to her and play her.
  • My 1 concern was "how do I beat Shudderwock"... so I added Azalina. (which replaced my flex card: Witchs Cauldron, that I intended to remove anyway)
    • If a Shaman goes infinite, you can steal his Shudderwock, which might even be 1 mana, and if you play him you also have a ton of great Battlecries, as well as Azalina, so you can also go infinite with Shudderwocks. And you'll put 1-2 secrets into play and generate a Water Elemental.
    • Once in Jaina you don't really need anymore cards from hand (or won't have many), so replacing with Opponent's hand seems viable.
  • Against most other decks you can usually out-sustain into fatigue, but I assume Shudderwock will be an "infinite" deck with the 2 mana card that keeps putting copies into deck & also Grumble that adds a 1/1 copy to hand, so any other Fatigue deck (such as Elemental Mage), needs to have a game plan for it.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ Shudderwock Shaman:
WIP Battlecry - Hearthstone Decks

• The most hyped up deck/card of this expansion. I think it's safe to assume this is going to be overpowered/broken off the bat.
  • The community can over hype cards for sure, but I don't think it's the case here. The community has also been good to point out broken stuff (Jade Idol). When there is an overwhelming agreement, it's usually accurate to say it's OP as fuck.
  • Shudderwock decks will be everywhere day 1 and it's just a matter of finding the right formula.
  • It's a card that's "infinite" everything: Removal, resource generation, fatigue immunity...
  • Best part about it: The opponent can't stop it. No Dirty Rat, no way to interrupt the Battlecries, Can't silence it, it's safe as hell
  • Day 1 Craft right here, get a golden one while you're at it, it'll be in the meta for a while.

---------

Meme Decks:
* Have a single win condition that is very hard to pull off, but is immensely satisfying when it works*

OTK/TTK Hero Power Hunter
OTK/TTK Boars + Dire Frenzy
OTK/TTK Quest Druid with Splintergrafts / Boars

Bad Deck Ideas I tried to make a list for:
* Decks that might seem good, but get outclassed by the meta decks in every way*

Hadronox Druid
Control / Dragon Hunter
Dragon Paladin

----------

Decks to consider:

Hand Druid
Flood Paladin (odd list with upgraded HP)
Kingsbane Rogue: Coldlights get rotated but the weapon is still powerful, could still be a list
Quest Rogue: Echo might open this deck back up

----------

My initial class ranking:

Shaman, Warlock, Priest
Mage, Druid, Warrior
Paladin, Rogue
Hunter

We'll see what I get from my packs, but I am probably going to upgrade my Spiteful Priest Deck. Finish my cubelock deck and make an aggro deck of some kind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Predicting Shudderwock is way overhyped. It’ll get dumpstered by the popular Aggro deck or Rin. We’ll find out pretty quickly.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The patch is up. Update 11.0 – April 10 – Enter The Witchwood

• Minions now only break Stealth when attacking. Damage dealt by card abilities, such as Knife Juggler’s knife throw, no longer breaks Stealth.
  • Cards that were burned, such as by drawing cards when your hand is full, will now appear in match history.
  • The red “X” on daily quests in the Quest Log has been replaced with a new blue “reroll” icon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nice, for 2 days we can play with pre-nerf Molten in Standard before he's HoF'd.

• 3Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
When I see warrior quests I do not want to gently roll a new one, I want to X that shit out with extreme prejudice. Buncha cuck faggots :(

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So watching Koltento's Review, and this happens:

I'd love to see a Day9 reaction

• 2Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They have the up time listed at 10am PST tomorrow. Last expansion was an hour early though

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's always come live Noon EST. And they always say 1PM. So yea, probably same.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was hoping to open Baku tomorrow to play face hunter and wreck slow decks, then Trump goes and ranks Baku #1 in the set. Trash tier confirmed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what do I do tomorrow? Open packs, make dust, and wait again until meta settles down? Been doing the Tavern Brawls for fun, while I wait.

Is there any pretty safe bets for decks to build that won't change much? I was reading some that weren't expected to change much. Do we know all the cards at this point so some decks are locked in?

Thanks for helping a noob out!

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Was hoping to open Baku tomorrow to play face hunter and wreck slow decks, then Trump goes and ranks Baku #1 in the set. Trash tier confirmed.

LoL... I can see maybe 1 Baku deck being good, but of course there's about 3-4 possible classes to try it in.

So what do I do tomorrow? Open packs, make dust, and wait again until meta settles down? Been doing the Tavern Brawls for fun, while I wait.

Is there any pretty safe bets for decks to build that won't change much? I was reading some that weren't expected to change much. Do we know all the cards at this point so some decks are locked in?

Thanks for helping a noob out!

Nothing is locked in and nothing will be locked in for about ~1 month. The meta after rotation takes a bit longer to settle in.
I think you're safe crafting Cubelock cards right now, but that's about it.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the safest recommendation is play Aggro day 1. I’d expect a large portion of the ladder to either be playing cubelock or unrefined Shudderwock decks.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I would say some other fairly safe decks you could craft now are some version of spiteful priest and some version of aggro pally with call to arms. Neither of those are going to drop much in the tierlists.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm sorely tempted to go early aggro with a Baku Hunter deck of some flavor. I'm convinced it's going to be cancerous in some form. Only heavy healing/armor gain decks, or even faster decks will beat it.

-All predictions wrong or your money back!

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'm sorely tempted to go early aggro with a Baku Hunter deck of some flavor. I'm convinced it's going to be cancerous in some form. Only heavy healing/armor gain decks, or even faster decks will beat it.

-All predictions wrong or your money back!

These are my thoughts. Pure face Baku, Quest Baku, or even a more midrange Hunter deck with Rexxar. Rexxar got a HUGE buff with the two Lifeleech beasts. Before there was only one, now there'll be three - including the two-drop with both Lifeleech and Rush.

Either way, Cubelock will still be #1, but the more time passes, the less i actually want to play it.

I'll be crafting Baku day 1 for sure. Baku Quest warrior is another deck that i wish would work. Not super sure about it tho.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity