Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming this isn't your list, because damn... that's a lot of work put into that.
It's really well thought out and looks promising.. but I am seeing some issues.

He has 4 bad 1-drops simply because of Poisonous synergy, yet only includes 1 of the Toxmonger.
I would instantly make it 2x Toxmonger. The poisonous Elven Archer is hilarious (And strong!). But is total shit if no poison.
Also Toxmonger works with the 1 drop raptors later in the game too. And with Rhinos & Shaw, you have a lot of ways to "Rush/Charge" Poisonous creatures.
I'm not sure that Wing Blast will be better than Flanking Strike. It's 4dmg vs 3dmg, but board presence is valuable.
I know Bow is strong, but including a 1x makes for inconsistency (so many 1x in this list).
I'd try to 2x most of the cards for consistency.
When I tried Quest Hunter I really loved Glacial Shards in my list.

My changelog would be something like:

-1 Animal Companion
-1 Eaglehorn Bow
-2 Wing Blast
-1 Argent Squire
-1 Hunter's Mark

+2 Glacial Shard
+2 Flanking Strike
+1 Toxmonger
+1 Ravencaller

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'm assuming this isn't your list, because damn... that's a lot of work put into that.
It's really well thought out and looks promising.. but I am seeing some issues.

He has 4 bad 1-drops simply because of Poisonous synergy, yet only includes 1 of the Toxmonger.
I would instantly make it 2x Toxmonger. The poisonous Elven Archer is hilarious (And strong!). But is total shit if no poison.
Also Toxmonger works with the 1 drop raptors later in the game too. And with Rhinos & Shaw, you have a lot of ways to "Rush/Charge" Poisonous creatures.
I'm not sure that Wing Blast will be better than Flanking Strike. It's 4dmg vs 3dmg, but board presence is valuable.
I know Bow is strong, but including a 1x makes for inconsistency (so many 1x in this list).
I'd try to 2x most of the cards for consistency.
When I tried Quest Hunter I really loved Glacial Shards in my list.

My changelog would be something like:

-1 Animal Companion
-1 Eaglehorn Bow
-2 Wing Blast
-1 Argent Squire
-1 Hunter's Mark

+2 Glacial Shard
+2 Flanking Strike
+1 Toxmonger
+1 Ravencaller

Yeah, not my list. Just something i saw last night when dicking around with Quest Hunter builds. I agree with most of your points.

I ran with my list as 'aggro' based on the fact that i thought trying to cover too many bases would fail at all of them. So, cover one, and the Baku angle makes it seem ideal for aggro. Either way, 20 mins of work, not much thought.

Anyways, i'm definitely going to try some iterations of Quest Hunter with Baku and with the Dire Frenzy. Theoretically, you can get 7 Carnassas and 105 raptors with the latter combination, which is obviously overkill, but sounds cool as fuck. Also, i do like running Kelseth in that. If you buff your raptors with Kelseth after finishing the quest, they become 4/3, which is pretty nuts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Today is the last day for free packs on quests I believe, make sure you finish all your quests

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The changes in the ladder reset are amazing. Has made the grind to rank 5 so much more bearable. Now to watch the rest of the cards be revealed and enjoy the 1 fun week of every expansion.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Shudderwock looking fucking insane. Even Hagatha is looking a lot more useful than i thought.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
And it does everything we hoped, it plays the Battlecries in order, and you can go infinite with more than just Grumble. Seems like a powerful Shaman deck lurking.
I'm more surprised that "copy opponent hand" card worked out, seems really good in an aggro deck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 mana 1/3 beast with life steal? Now that’s the card hunter needed.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Shudderwock looks crazy. They seem to expect a lot of echo play with some of the released cards but could just be early prevention attempts. Definitely going to try a shaman deck which is exactly what Shudder was supposed to create.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So got the 70 card pack, but can't open that for a while. Have 1300 dust, but seems silly to try and make a deck right now?

Tips on what to do now to help out a returning player? I've not played since Classic/beta. See if I can make any decks now? Maybe do the few PvE adventures I have? Looks like 3, since I've not bought any of the expansions.

Thanks!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So got the 70 card pack, but can't open that for a while. Have 1300 dust, but seems silly to try and make a deck right now?

Tips on what to do now to help out a returning player? I've not played since Classic/beta. See if I can make any decks now? Maybe do the few PvE adventures I have? Looks like 3, since I've not bought any of the expansions.

Thanks!

I'd wait to see what the new hotness is.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Thanks!

You need to wait till Thursday before you can open the 70 pack.
Just see what you open and build around the Legendaries you open. Play for fun and don't use dust for a week or 2 until meta settles down and we see what's good.
Don't disenchant Legendaries, you can't get dupes anymore, but if you disenchant you might get it again, which is a huge dust waste.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider

Thanks!

Don't do anything until Thursday at the earliest.

• 1Like

Crone

Alright then! Might mess around with some of the PvE stuff with a Innkeeper deck or whatever, just for fun, but yea, won't do much else until Thursday! Thanks guys!

• 1Like

Crone

Dungeon run is fun and will let you learn and use lots of cards
It's what I'm doing right now! Not sure if I get anything for it, but doing this on all the classes would be a pretty awesome intro to the game?

I wish at some point they'd add "raids" or some kind of coop type stuff, or battle royal 4 person? Different game modes would be a lot of fun I think.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm just going to keep posting because you guys are fucking boring!

I have 26k dust, plus I have all the hall of game cards golden. That's a shit load of dust. I preordered, I have about 4k gold, I think I'll buy 120 packs after that. That should really be everything.

I might craft the odd even guys golden. I'll have to take a look to see if there any other legendaries I want golden before I start opening packs. Toki for memes seems not worth it. The Priest Legendaries are probably playable. The Shaman legendaries are probably nuts. Lord Godfrey. Countess.

Probably only the odd guy, the even guy doesn't feel nearly as good.

• 2Like