Hearthstone

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It was interesting, and there were a couple where I just had to look up the answer, but its just so little content, once you've done them there is no reason at all to ever think of it again. The cardback as the only reward is extremely stingy too, and it doesn't even look that great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a Boomsday solo adventure out today... didn't even know there was one.
It's been a week and the shit is still broke on the iPhone. Loading the adventure starts an inescapable error message pop-up loop.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hearthstone 19th place in total viewers with MtG at 20th place, the end times are upon us.

Heartfallen.png

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Both below Heroes of the Storm? What witchcraft is this?

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair viewership of any Blizzard game is always hurt by the release of a new WoW expansion.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hearthstone 19th place in total viewers with MtG at 20th place, the end times are upon us.
Yeah, the last expansion was decent, was a step in a right direction again; but this one seems just a horrible combo meta.

That being said all hail our new malygos druid lords. I opened flobidinous floop and I've been having Prince Taldarim, the malygos druid I netdecked had few 3 mana cost cards so seemed like a no brainer and I'd say my win rate definitely improved with the prince. Can fairly reliably draw your entire deck and that combo is 32 damage and you don't even need the twig if you can get a mana cost reduction on maly with the new druid epic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Two Point Hospital at number 14 with a bullet. Must be endlessly riveting to watch that. Flash In The Pan statistics that doesn't take age of game as much into account, because the only reason that game is there is because it is new. Same with Scum, since it is so laggy it is virtually unplayable as a competitive game.

Seems like an accomplishment purely if your game is on that list if it is moderately old.

Anyway, as a perpetual casual Hearthstone player I fully quit about half-way through the previous expansion. I like to parallel my interest in the game by how active this thread is, and based on my observations I made the right choice to quit and still to not come back.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally just uninstalled this game. Got tired of the rock/paper/scissors or mirror match that this game kept throwing at me. It happened over and over that I would switch a deck and then the opposing deck is the one I take on. Ill consider coming back when they actally expand the game by adding a new format of play or completely overhauling the tier system. This will never happen and so Artifact WILL get money from me. That game will have to absolutely SUCK for me not to throw money at it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Anyone playing Legion: Horus Heresy? Didn't see a thread for it in mobile. Takes some of the HS mechanics, includes a few twists with a 40k skin. Really like that all 'Warlords' (basically the equivalent of your hero) can attack or use their ability but not both unless specified. The events are cool too, basically their form of Arena, where you get a selection of 4 warlords (not the same 4 each time) and a choice of 1 of 6 random prebuilts for the specific warlord. At the end of the event depending on wins between traitor and loyalist legions (This will make sense for the 40k fans among us) a card is added to the game for that specific faction. It's only been 'out' since July but currently they have 10 legions (Your warlord determines your legion and what cards you can use, think of it like a class). With imperial guard, mechanicum and chaos being neutral but these too have Warlords that can be utilized. All and all pretty fun if anyone is looking for something different.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Hearthstone: In the Works - September 18
Game Updates

The State of the Meta

We’ve seen the meta-game start to stabilize in the wake of The Boomsday Project’s release. Decks like Odd Warrior, Odd Paladin, Token Druid, Tempo Mage, Taunt Druid, Zoo Warlock, Quest Rogue, Secret Hunter, Even Paladin, Deathrattle Hunter, and Even Warlock, have all been top performers.

While those decks stand out from the pack slightly, there are effective decks from every class. Evolve Shaman and Combo Priest have both seen success, for example.

Overall we’re happy with the excellent diversity of decks we’re seeing at all levels of Ranked Play.

Cards to Watch

Giggling Inventor is hugely popular and shows up in a lot of decks. We intended for Giggling Inventor to be powerful because we’ve found that having powerful neutral Taunt minions tends to make games more interesting. We’ve seen that with cards like Sludge Belcher and Tar Creeper in the past. Cards that fulfill this role need to be strong to get that job done, but there’s a line where they might be too good.

We aren’t planning any changes to Giggling Inventor for now, but we’re keeping an eye on it in the meantime. We’d like to know what you think.

Wild Balance

There’s been an ongoing discussion within the team regarding how Wild should play. Right now, Wild feels somewhat like Standard but with an elevated power level and a vast library of cards. Should Wild live up to its name more, where we allow really crazy and powerful combos to happen, even in the early game? Generally, it’s harder for any one strategy to be dominant in Wild since everything is so powerful and everyone has access to so many tools, but do we want those strategies to exist? We know that there are players who would prefer to have a mode that offers that kind of gameplay.

There’s also the point to consider that the reason to have multiple modes in Hearthstone is for them to play differently, so there are downsides to trying to put the reins on Wild too much. But we also recognize that there might be decks like Naga Sea Witch that become too prevalent and simply aren’t fun to play against.

We’d love to hear your opinions about what you want from Wild. What do you think of how it is now, and what’s the role you see for it in the future of Hearthstone?

New Classic Cards

If you’ve been playing Hearthstone for a while, then you already know that with each new Hearthstone year, we’ve chosen certain cards to rotate out of the Standard format. Some of those cards have been part of the Classic format, which is usually an evergreen part of the Standard format.

A few of the cards that left Standard were Class cards, but we want each Class to have a roughly equal number of cards available in the Classic set. To accomplish that, we’re adding four all-new cards to fill the gap.
Here are the new Class cards being added to the Classic set. You’ll be able to craft them or open them in Classic card packs next month:

89VQBSORNRWX1537218771122.png
UXE9RVCFF1X51537218771141.png
LK16H3MHJJX81537218771974.png
HNR2VQV10LL21537218771098.png

When designing these cards we are thinking about new players’ first experiences playing Hearthstone. They should be relatively straightforward while still creating some exciting moments. They also give players a chance to see and play with cards that they don't own. At the same time it’s important that they aren’t so powerful that they limit future design or cause problems (since they’ll be in Standard for longer than 2 years.)

Looking forward, we expect more cards to join the Hall of Fame. There are also still some gaps in Classic where neutral Legendary cards joined the Hall of Fame, so we’re considering adding some new cards to the Classic set in the future.

New Player Experience Improvements

Even at Rank 25, competition in the Tavern can be fierce, especially if you’ve never played Hearthstone before. We’d like to ease new players into the fray a little more gently, so we’re taking some steps toward improving the new player experience. Here’s what newcomers to the Hearthstone tavern can expect to find:

New players will start at Rank 50. Ranks 50 through 26 will be for new players only, and just like ranks 25 through 20, you can’t lose Stars while ranking up. Once a player achieves Rank 25, they’ll never drop below that rank again. We hope this gives players who are new to Hearthstone a little more time to get used to the Tavern, and we’ll also be giving them a few free gifts along the way to help them get up to speed. If you’re an experienced player making an additional account, there will be an option to skip the New Player Experience (and some loot, so consider carefully!) so you can get back into the competition faster. There are a few more details that we’ll provide in the future, but that’s the gist of it!

In-game Tournaments Update

Earlier this year we talked about adding a new feature to Hearthstone that would make it easier to organize tournaments for Fireside Gatherings and private events. The team has been working on this feature for some time, and it was originally slated to arrive this year. Unfortunately, In-game Tournaments are now on hold, so we wanted to take this opportunity to explain why.

We have a lot of plans to improve many features of Hearthstone, including its social experience, and In-game Tournaments are an important part of that. Tournaments can serve many different audiences, but the implementation we’d arrived at catered to a very specific audience of players. Instead of broadening Hearthstone with an exciting new way to play, it felt “tacked on”, and wasn’t integrating well into the larger Hearthstone experience.

Ultimately, we were forced to conclude that we needed to think about how and where we want to improve Hearthstone’s overall social experience before we can tackle adding a satisfying and robust implementation of In-game Tournaments that all players can enjoy. As developers, sometimes we have to make the difficult decision to step away from a design that isn’t working. We no longer felt that the end result would deliver on everyone’s expectations or the high standards we have for Hearthstone.

As a result, while we want to revisit In-Game Tournaments at a later date, the feature is on hold for the foreseeable future.

Fireside Gatherings

If you’ve never attended a Fireside Gathering, or organized one of your own, you’re missing one of the most fun ways to enjoy Hearthstone with friends! They’re more fun than ever—including private events in your own home—so drop by the Fireside Gatherings site and check it out.

Innkeepers are soon going to have even more options to spice up their events. It was already possible to experience Fireside Brawls (Tavern Brawls that can only be experienced at Fireside Gatherings), and now they’ll have a whole menu of Brawls to choose from to offer their attendees. In addition to the rotating monthly Fireside Brawl, Innkeepers will be able to select one additional Fireside Brawl from a curated library of brawls that their patrons will have access to during their Fireside Gathering.

Esports

The 2018 HCT Fall Championship is coming mid-October! Watch it live on stream or live in-person at the Blizzard Arena in Los Angeles.

It’s going to be a thrilling event to witness, and if you can be there live, it gets even better! You’ll get to meet Hearthstone developers, enjoy pick-up tournaments on-site, snap up cool stuff like Hearthstone and Blizzard Arena merchandise and earn the Thrill of Victory card back just for attending!

You can get your tickets here. Get them fast before they sell out as seating is limited!

Welcome Bundle’s Roaring Return

Okay, it never left, but it IS getting a majestic make-over. It will still offer 10 Classic card packs at a very low price (great time to try to pick up those new Classic Class cards!), but instead of a random Class Legendary card, it will now include one of six Legendary dragons from the Classic set: Alexstrasza, Deathwing, Malygos, Nozdormu, Onyxia, or Ysera!

There’s even better news! What could be better than dragons, you ask? Even if you’ve purchased the Welcome Bundle before, you’ll be able to grab this one too!

Upcoming Game Events

Hallow’s End
The Headless Horseman returns for another spooktacular Hallow’s End event starting October 17! Just like last year, the Tavern will be decked out in horrific fashion, the dual Class Arena returns, and you’ll face the Headless Horseman in the Tavern Brawl. In the spirit of the season, we’re tossing a few more treats in the bag this year, and we’ll let you know all about them as the Headless Horseman’s return draws nigh.

Hallow’s End also marks the arrival of a friendly new Paladin Hero who will be available for purchase as a part of a special deal!

DCBU7YW914IB1537218771569.gif

And that’s what’s In the Works for Hearthstone! Thanks for joining us, and we look forward to hearing what you think, so let us know on social media, or in the comments below.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
RIP Tournament mode, gg

I just don't understand how they can't figure out how to make small tournament in game with like 16 or 32 players that you pay like 100g to queue up for and get rewards at the end.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
RIP Tournament mode, gg

I just don't understand how they can't figure out how to make small tournament in game with like 16 or 32 players that you pay like 100g to queue up for and get rewards at the end.
They're getting paid to think about thinking, for the foreseeable future.

them classic cards tho

It's like hearthstone is one long beta test by a kickstart. New card back every month WOW OMG YES

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Only reason I read that was to hear about tournaments. Looks like Hearthstone is officially dead to me. Haven't been logging on and only bothered a couple times in the past week to knock out quests thinking I need gold for the eventual Tournament mode.

Huge post of dumb shit catering to new players... Won't have new players without something to pull them in. They don't even seem worried about Artifact at all.

Wow are they dumb.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Daily/weekly/monthly events all automated and ran through the base client that use the exact same multi-deck format as Worlds with rewards including packs, dust, a new version of cards (diamond) with their own unique appearance, and qualifiers for big events up to and including Worlds.

Their refusal to incorporate genuine competition into their own game while also promoting the competitive scene and e-sports aspects of the game baffles me.

• 3Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
After recently returning to WoW and seeing the in game calendar jam packed with stuff each month, how can they totally blow off tournaments in Hearthstone?! I boggles the mind.

Online games are supposed to facilitate competing with other people rather than having to physically get together. It's easier to drive to a card shop on any given weekend to play in a random Magic the Gathering tournament then ever play a truly competitive game of Hearthstone.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only reason I read that was to hear about tournaments. Looks like Hearthstone is officially dead to me. Haven't been logging on and only bothered a couple times in the past week to knock out quests thinking I need gold for the eventual Tournament mode.

Huge post of dumb shit catering to new players... Won't have new players without something to pull them in. They don't even seem worried about Artifact at all.

Wow are they dumb.
Did you get tired of all those topsy turvy priests on ladder?

• 1Like