Hearthstone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Created Sludge Belcher, didn't know that Giggling Inventor would be better since it was a battle cry you couldn't circumvent...

El Oh El. Faggots.

Uninstalled.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was waiting to see if MtG Arena was actually going to be well made. After many years of MTGO, I was very doubtful. Sounds decent though and an easy game to switch to in case I don't like Atifact. I'm sold. I haven't seriously played HS since the expansion released. Looks like an easy move especially since the dumb ones seemed to stay at Blizzard(see above). I haven't played WoW since 2009 or MtG since 2011 so this should be easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In the past 2-3 weeks I've played maybe 2 games and each one just pissed me off more about the game.
Mostly because, the game has SO much potential, yet it's ALL wasted.
The game has a solid core, good quality and polish, but they have just dropped the ball in a big way.
It all comes down to the Hooks.
After achieving Legend - if that's ever your goal - you literally just achieve the last Hook the game has to offer (unless you try to go Pro - lmao).

This game sorely needs Achievements, Rankings, another Ladder system (Arena Ladder?), additional modes, competitive "alternate rules" modes... etc etc.

I'd love to see them play with the Rules more, such as increasing the # of allowed copies in a deck, larger deck sizes, increased base health, larger Mana pool (up to 20 crystals??), etc etc.

I'm done with HS unless they pull a 180 and add like 20 new exciting features at the same time to pull me back in. "Figuring out" Tournament mode at this point won't satisfy me. They'll need to add a whole lot more.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
In the past 2-3 weeks I've played maybe 2 games and each one just pissed me off more about the game.
Mostly because, the game has SO much potential, yet it's ALL wasted.
The game has a solid core, good quality and polish, but they have just dropped the ball in a big way.
It all comes down to the Hooks.
After achieving Legend - if that's ever your goal - you literally just achieve the last Hook the game has to offer (unless you try to go Pro - lmao).

This game sorely needs Achievements, Rankings, another Ladder system (Arena Ladder?), additional modes, competitive "alternate rules" modes... etc etc.

I'd love to see them play with the Rules more, such as increasing the # of allowed copies in a deck, larger deck sizes, increased base health, larger Mana pool (up to 20 crystals??), etc etc.

I'm done with HS unless they pull a 180 and add like 20 new exciting features at the same time to pull me back in. "Figuring out" Tournament mode at this point won't satisfy me. They'll need to add a whole lot more.

Well said. I echo this sentiment fully. Same boat.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I would just be happy if they constantly balanced and rebalanced cards. Every week they should be tweaking the shittiest and most overpowered cards to bring them all in line with each other. Getting every card to approximately the same power level to balance the classes and make every forced archetype actually viable would go a long way to restoring the health of the game.

• 1Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
That would take time and effort. You can't expect that of a small indie dev.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It has been a while for me. Magic Arena is all I need until Artifact comes out.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I bought the 10 pack + guaranteed dragon legendary and I did not see any prompt that I got a new dragon nor did I see a new dragon in my collection. Anyone experience something like this?

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I bought the 10 pack + guaranteed dragon legendary and I did not see any prompt that I got a new dragon nor did I see a new dragon in my collection. Anyone experience something like this?

It's there. Just look for one of the dragons you never wanted(Nozdormu, Temporus) and you'll see it sitting there.

It's really amazing how much better Arena is than this. MtG probably never would have had competition if they could have built a decent online game for the 15 or so years Blizzard left the market alone. Mana screw still sucks but the variety is a breath of fresh air. This game is a chore doing dailies and I'll permanently say goodbye after this next expansion. I've saved a ton of gold so might as well use it first.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So apparently they nerfed some cards today:

Giggling Inventor ... 5 --> 7 mana
Aviana ... 9 --> 10 mana
Mana Wyrm ... 1 --> 2 mana

Not that I care, haven't logged in for at least a month now, and I have no idea what the meta is outside of Reddit.

However, these nerfs really seems laughable. I understand GI has been problematic, and Aviana has implications in Wild, and Mana Wyrm is a notriously strong 1 cost card... But I was seriously expecting a huge list of card "changes" (nerfs & buffs) to shake things up, and possibly other additional announcements to get interest back into the game.

Also 0 "Standard" Druid card changes, LOL.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So they deleted some cards essentially. I will continue not logging in

Not buying cards next expansion is going to feel great

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
When I quit and deleted my cards it, the game died. Take note of my power.

• 2Jonesing

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So they deleted some cards essentially. I will continue not logging in

Not buying cards next expansion is going to feel great
Yea... deleted cards, don't add anything new or exciting, good shit!

I feel good not buying 2 of the last 3 expansions :D

When I quit and deleted my cards it, the game died. Take note of my power.

I just can't dust my collection. Maybe 1 day the game becomes fun again?!?!

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dks are going to be pretty oppressive until they rotate. Baku and Genn will stay oppressive until the following one.

Maybe 2020?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Breaking up Aviana but leaving Juicy Psychmelon is some retarded tier balancing. Your undercosted tutor is the problem and it's going to be a problem later if it isn't still one now. It even limits design space by forcing you to take it into account whenever you make a new 7, 8, 9, or 10 mana neutral creature of druid creature.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yea... deleted cards, don't add anything new or exciting, good shit!

I feel good not buying 2 of the last 3 expansions :D

I just can't dust my collection. Maybe 1 day the game becomes fun again?!?!
I dont miss it one bit

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I haven't logged on in about a month. Zero desire to do so.

FEELS SO FUCKING GOOD!

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am having a very easy time not playing this game now that Magic Arena is out. All I wished HS would have done was come out with better formats of play. Blizzard always had to retune and rebalance their Arena game when the game itself was half the problem. The ladder system was fun, but the rewards for the serious amount of play time involved never made the effort worth it. Add all of the issues with "random" and it became a very simple decision for me.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, if ladder or casual play was a better system I'd have been way happier with the game. Those are huge factors in my not playing

• 1Like