Hearthstone

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The chat with developers in between matches is the cringest thing ever. No wonder this shit went to the dumps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Doubt anyone cares but this is the most OP shrine I've tried so far. Last boss dead turn 5.
200px-Akali%27s_Champion%2890312%29.png

Double shrine trait+Bring it on! and they're immune to Eadric the Pure. Cards that add themselves to your hand after mulligan are strong.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if I like those changes... Equality 4 Mana? The fuck

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Those nerfs are crazy excessive.

It's not like the case of wild growth where it is in every druid deck. cold blood is only in aggressive strategies, control shaman never runs flametounge totem, and equality at 4 neuters control paladin which was already on life support already.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if I like those changes... Equality 4 Mana? The fuck
This is what happens when you print baku

Those nerfs are crazy excessive.

It's not like the case of wild growth where it is in every druid deck. cold blood is only in aggressive strategies, control shaman never runs flametounge totem, and equality at 4 neuters control paladin which was already on life support already.
Control shaman? Only shaman deck is even shaman.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is what happens when you print baku

This is what killed the game. Not Baku specifically or even a few different cards. The absolute lack of testing their product. They were so greedy moving from their alternating adventure/expansion releases while still having a huge player base. Their team can't handle three releases a year. They don't test well enough and awful shit gets released which kills any desire to play this game. Huge nerfs of cards that weren't a problem for 5 years suddenly happen because they have no fucking clue what they are doing. Seeing the same 4-5 decks for 6-9 months. Seeing expansion releases than enhance current top decks while offering few alternatives. Who the fuck wants to buy expansion cards while still having to play the same deck that's been dominating for 6 months? Arena has killed this shitpile...it will just take some time for it to die.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still play here and there as a nice whatever beer and pretzel kind of game. It'll be a cold day in hell I actually spend any money on it though.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I dislike very much seeing basic/classic cards get nerfed. It's been almost five years since release and they're still doing it. They aren't willing to revamp basic and classic card pools each rotation (which is what they should do, bringing cards back and kicking others into Wild) but they still want to have basic/classic to provide structure and class identity but then those cards that do that have to be nerfed such that they aren't used any longer.

• 1Like

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
It looks like they will never place a drop of effort into real balance and every expansion one class has a huge advantage and the last two expansions it has been the hunter so 3 out of 4 games is the hunter and it gets old fast. If they added more random elements I think it would help with balance for example 50% of games start with 1 mana 25% 2 mana and 25% 3 mana, 50% of games 30hp, 25% 35hp, and 25% 40hp.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am hoping the rotation breaths some life into this game. But I doubt it. That thread is depressing because they've been asking for those things for at least 4 years now.

The five different OTK decks, dumb hunter, Jaina, and to a lesser degree Gul'Dan all make the game just.. meh. It's not enjoyable. I don't think Blizzard has the cajones to turn it around either.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New...forms...of...play. A draft format or a sealed format. Bring new ways to play the game beyond what has existed since the inception of the game. This of course will not happen.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, Hunter it took them long Hunter enough to come Hunter out with the new Hunter format. I Hunter have a feeling Hunter I know which class Hunter is going to be the Hunter most popular.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting. This probably should have been the case a long long time ago

Except it's only for competitive and has 0 effect for anyone else.
Now if it was built in to the game and was the new format for the ladder, then great... still dubious on it however.

Just means you have less chance at seeing certain classes now. Will see a lot less variety in competitive.
Also I'm not sold on the strategic aspect of it.
Teching in (sideboard) is great, but limiting competitive to a single deck (with sideboard options) doesn't sound very strategic compared to the old format. And it just means more RNG if you never draw into the tech cards.
Whereas before you could tailor your decks to be a certain way, and you targeted a weakness from the opponents decks.

I don't see where this format looks good at all.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure if Blizzard doesn't want to follow established CCGs, have lost the talent that made good decisions, or what...but it's pathetic that this is their version of a SB after 5 years.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well this was unexpected:

Year of the Dragon is Coming To Hearthstone! Hall of Fame Rotation: Baku & Genn (+Synergies), Doomguard, Naturalize, Divine Favor - Hearthstone Top Decks

Hall of Fame
Three Classic cards are being rotated when the Year of the Dragon begins: Doomguard, Naturalize, and Divine Favor. As per usual, these cards will eventually be replaced with new Classic cards a la Tome of Intellect or Call of the Void.

Donais explains that Doomguard has basically just been around for a long time at a power level that’s the team thinks is a bit too much. The same can probably be inferred with Divine Favor. For Naturalize, however, Donais explains that it’s a matter of class identity. Druid is meant to be weak at hard removal and Naturalize breaks that class identity. It also just happens to be very powerful.
For the first time ever, Blizzard is also rotating two set cards: Baku the Mooneater and Genn Greymanefrom The Witchwood! These two cards have helped Odd and Even decks to dominate the meta and it seems like Blizzard is finally ready to let other decks shine.

---

These are huge changes, especially getting rid of odd/even decks before they were due to rotate. Now, I haven't played the game in months, but this is the year of the Dragon... which MIGHT just get me interested. We'll see what the next expansion looks like, but this sounds promising:

--
Hearthstone’s Year of the Raven is out and the Year of the Dragon is in. Blizzard’s third-ever themed year is set to arrive shortly and with it comes a slew of improvements and changes. For one, it will be the first ever year in which all three expansions will continue to tell the same story. The first expansion will lead to the second which will conclude with the third.
It’s a completely new approach to Hearthstone expansions. Before that, three sets from the same year weren’t really related. A lot of the time, they didn’t even have that much of a backstory. This change should keep the entire Year of the Dragon more consistent and interesting.

We spoke with Principle Game Designer Mike Donais this week to discuss some of the changes. “One of the important things is that each expansion still has a really cool strong theme on its own,” he tells us. “Having a narrative that goes through it should help everyone feel like they understand what’s going on.”
He imagines players will be more attached and invested as to what’s going on throughout the year as a result.

Here are the hints for the upcoming Year of the Dragon expansions:

Looks like Magic, Ice, Fire?
And if it's all dragon themed all year long, it MIGHT just get me back.

ALSO, BIG Arena changes:

Arena fans have something to look forward to as well! While the game still has bucket systems and the developers will still be making small adjustments as needed, Blizzard is introducing Arena seasons. Arena seasons are two months long and will rotate which sets are available! Tired of a certain removal spell? Maybe next season it won’t be available! Do you like a certain class, but it’s not that great in the current meta? Maybe it will become Tier 1 with a different set of expansions!

Donais says that the biggest reason the development team made this change was just to give players something fresh halfway through the expansion. It also has the side effect of helping hardcore Arena players while not off-putting more casual fans.

“There’s no downside, it’s just upside,” he says. “It’s not that hard for us to do it, so we should do it.”

Arena wins will also start counting towards Golden Hero Portraits once the update goes live. Hearthstone will not be updating these retroactively, however, which means that any wins prior to the update won’t count.

The first Arena rotation after expansion released will contain: Basic, Classic, Curse of Naxxramas, Whispers of the Old Gods, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, The Witchwood, and the first expansion of this year.

Changes every 2 months, Curse of Naxx/WotOG/MSoG/Witchwood ? Yes please. It's almost like a new mode. I have always thought mixing up expansions would be very interesting. And beauty with Arena is you don't need to have a collection (although I never dusted my cards anyway).

Also +toward Gold portrait (I still need Rogue to finish out all 9).

When I was winding down my Hearthstone play I was mainly just doing Arena.

• 2Like