Hearthstone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Overall the changes look OK but I don't know what the fuck they are thinking not changing quest mage. All these changes did is ensure that everyone is either playing quest mage, or a deck that can beat quest mage. There is going to be even less variety in the short term until they pull their heads out of their asses.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This new mode is pretty shallow. I'm still in the tutorial but nothing is hooking me. The gameplay itself doesn't feel like something that was worked on by multiple people over a year. I've never played games like Raidy Shady, is this a copy of that?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah new mode looks pretty boring and from the various streams I watched pretty p2w if you are willing to toss any money Blizzards way. They broke BGs today briefly too =O

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've been popping in and out of Kripp's stream all day and at no point in time has it looked like a good time. He blew a ton of money on packs or bundles or whatever and the initial gameplay looked terrible. A couple hours in it looked not much better. He's been grinding PvE shit for eleven or twelve hours now and it's still about the same. There's some speculation that after your huge grind is over the PvP might be alright. Might.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I can't imagine the pvp being any better than the terrible boring pve. because of the rock-paper-scissors nature of the compositions, it's just going to be one-shots after one-shots after one-shots, hardly any different than the pve.

This game mode is Dead On Arrival.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Doesn't matter if it's DOA if it tricked enough people into dumping $155 on bundles!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Going to be a lot of people that did a snap preorder because Blizzard Hearthstone that get to learn a lesson.
If they hadn't been so outrageous on price they might have got me, but since they wanted so much and had effectively showed zero of the game mode they got nothing from me. It's a good thing too, because the game mode is pretty laughable. It's definitely designed like a phone game in a pay to save time aspect. And it's definitely not even fun. It's a passable time waste F2P, but I can't imagine it holds anyone more than a few days really.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I watched kibler for the awhile first day. Just awful. Can’t see playing hearthstone again anytime soon, maybe after the next core set change but the devs vision of fun gameplay is very not the type of stuff I like so I doubt I’ll be playing again till they are all gone

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kripp was at it again yesterday for like 12 hours. Each time I popped in he was farming lower level dungeons on heroic with the same characters in the lead doing the same combination of abilities to clear on the second round of combat. He said it reminded him a bit of Path of Exile where you get a thing set up and do that thing over and over as fast as you can to progress so he had his power farm team PvE team and that was what he was doing. I applaud him for giving the game max effort and the fairest fair chance possible but there's no way anyone is going to hop in, see what the game looks like and throw money at Blizzard to get in on all the fun.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's the boring part of PoE and only tolerated by implicit character progression. Once your brain subconsciously figures out there's nothing worthwhile to chase, you burn out and quit. Mercs reached that point in the tutorial. Either the game is criminally shallow, or they did a horrible job of previewing a promising endgame.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mercs being an entire separate kind of card you have to pay for can suck a dick. I will never touch it. The mini-set mid expansion shit was bad enough.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I slept walked my way through several hours and many levels of mercenaries by using one ability only on a static set of characters and beat everything easily. No need for thought at all, and it could be easily scripted, it wasn't horrible it just wasn't fun or challenging.

I can't see myself choosing to play it over battlegrounds.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Pokemon style damage doubling make any offensive artifact that doesn't at least double a merc's output feel superfluous. Defensive artifacts feel fine.

Whoever decided that Double Cast artifact needed true random casting was an asshat.

This game mode is no Slay the Spire. My strategy in each bounty generally ignores most of the "emergent gameplay builds" because baseline synergies and proper color selection just do better.

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
This bland addition to the game feels like it was made by 2-3 unpaid interns who were working for Blizzard while finishing their bachelors degrees. Probably supposed to be a separate IP/phone game called something like “Blizzard: Mercenaries”, but some administrative people in the final months decided it should be attached to hearthstone for the built in audience.

It is quite literally a mobile gacha game. If you’re going to spend money on a game as shallow as this you should at least pick one that will give you some sexy big tiddy anime waifu jpegs. I think it’s pretty obvious that you’re not going to be collecting sexy female characters in Blizzard games post-purity spiral.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users