Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
As a bandaid it will alleviate some things but fundamentally the problems will persist

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
logged in long enough to finish a single quest. This development team is 100% incompetent

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Yeah I played this for a few hours and am basically completely done with Hearthstone. The next two fucking years of this game will be nothing but clown fiesta aggro cancer with no relevant decisions and 100% luck of what the first 4-5 cards you draw are because the bullshit quests completely oppress everything else to death. Even if they remove them, you've got fucking combo Rogue waiting in the wings which still kills you from hand on turn 6 and is only bad now because of 100% hand vomit aggro cancer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Mage Questline still astounds me in how fucking awful it is. There is no mage deck that will exist in the next two years that has any reason to not run it. People say it's a combo deck but it's not. It's just a deck that happens to explode into combo because of a 1 mana card that they can always play on turn 1 and a 5 mana card later. It also can't run out of cards due to ignite. Fatiguing themselves was a legitimate weakness of having so much card draw in Mage (more spell mage). But no longer.

Xequecal Xequecal is right. Due to the existence of questlines the only truly viable decks will continue to be hyper aggro decks that can end games before quests are complete. With mage and warlock being the biggest culprits. Midrange exists in the form of handbuff or aggro rogue that can also end the game in a turn due to the battlemaster combined with stealth buff and conviction in rogue/paladin.

Only combo garrote rogue existing would be a huge improvement. That deck is actually hard to play and if you gaff your garrote turn you just die.

It annoys me because warts and all hearthstone is probably the best ultra-casual game I know of and its nice to just play a few games a day and call it good. Are there any other games like this I can go check out? Doesn't have to be a card game. But something casual that is totally comfortable to play while doing something else... on PC not phone please.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The Mage Questline still astounds me in how fucking awful it is. There is no mage deck that will exist in the next two years that has any reason to not run it. People say it's a combo deck but it's not. It's just a deck that happens to explode into combo because of a 1 mana card that they can always play on turn 1 and a 5 mana card later. It also can't run out of cards due to ignite. Fatiguing themselves was a legitimate weakness of having so much card draw in Mage (more spell mage). But no longer.

Xequecal Xequecal is right. Due to the existence of questlines the only truly viable decks will continue to be hyper aggro decks that can end games before quests are complete. With mage and warlock being the biggest culprits. Midrange exists in the form of handbuff or aggro rogue that can also end the game in a turn due to the battlemaster combined with stealth buff and conviction in rogue/paladin.

Only combo garrote rogue existing would be a huge improvement. That deck is actually hard to play and if you gaff your garrote turn you just die.

It annoys me because warts and all hearthstone is probably the best ultra-casual game I know of and its nice to just play a few games a day and call it good. Are there any other games like this I can go check out? Doesn't have to be a card game. But something casual that is totally comfortable to play while doing something else... on PC not phone please.
I've been playing a lot of Monster Train as my second game. It's good for a run or two a day

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Today is my dad's birthday. Since he's retired and can no longer distract himself with work, I suggested a certain time-wasting hobby as a joke. Either he's calling my bluff or I've made a mistake.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lmao ... offering pre orders for a game mode you can't even try out yet. Looked pretty shit to boot

• 1Solidarity

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are trying to flog the dying horse as hard as they can to get every last gallop out of that poor motherfucker.

I've never seen someone hyping a new product look as fucking uninterested in it as this lady, and she was the lead UI designer LOL.

lol.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After a bit more thought, I do wonder if they tossed on those pre orders now because of the china ban on minors that will take effect before this is actually available. Zero chance kids will spend some of those 3 hours or whatever it is on this, so a desperate bid to make money on this in China ahead of the change

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
More warlock nerfs are great, bg changes are fine to good. Mercenaries looks dead on arrival to me. I didn't get farther into looking at the mode than pre-order packs. Nope. I give you enough money for packs for the actual game. You get no more

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I still enjoy watching kibler, even he quit in disgust today. Basically said if it wasn’t his job he wouldn’t play hearthstone currently.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the new HS team is actually way more incompetent than the previous group. Like just fucking outright terrible.

hsincompetent.png

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah its unplayable trash atm. 8 People playing beast in every lobby with beasts. Dumpster fire.