Hearthstone

Sean_sl

shitlord
If it wasn't a FTP game and I could have the whole game for 15/20 dollars it wouldn't be bad, but you know they're going to milk it so hard.
Try 10 dollars being reasonable, since that's what the MtG games on XBL/PSN/Steam cost.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
15 devs, they said it was going to be small, and they said it was not discussed before, what the fuck did you guys expect? This sounds great for wasting time on my phone. You guys are clearly too old for this, go back to your rocking chair, the kids won't bother you anymore.
On which platforms will Hearthstone be available?
Hearthstone will initially be available for Windows? and Macintosh?, with a version for iPad coming later.

Actually it sounds like you won't be wasting time on your phone. Unless by phone you mean laptop.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I read that. I'm sure it will be expanded upon later down the road. Even so, this sounds like something they could easily add to wow at some point as well, which would be awesome.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You don't make a card game any more without it being mobile first. W T F Blizzard

This is all because Furor got hooked on RoB.

Caliane

wait what?

yeah. I just read the comments here, and thought puzzle and dragons and shit. Was wondering why you guys thought this wasn't brilliant..
but its not mobile? whaaa?

oh, yeah. the video clearly showed being played on a tablet.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
I'm a sucker for card games, so this doesn't look horrible. I think it might actually be kinda fun as a filler for nights when I don't have enough time left to do much else besides a few hands of cards. Used to do t hat with M:tG but don't have anyone near me that plays since moving. ;-;

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Actually, since I like Magic: the gathering and those type of games, Hearthstone looks not bad.

But the fuckup part is FTP, I have no interested to play with someone who can spend some $$$ and buy powerful cards...

satael

Silver Squire
15 devs, they said it was going to be small, and they said it was not discussed before, what the fuck did you guys expect? This sounds great for wasting time on my phone. You guys are clearly too old for this, go back to your rocking chair, the kids won't bother you anymore.
15 devs isn't really that small. I meanParadox Development Studios was just 23 peoplelast summer and did stuff like EU3 with just 7 people initially.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Actually, since I like Magic: the gathering and those type of games, Hearthstone looks not bad.

But the fuckup part is FTP, I have no interested to play with someone who can spend some $$$ and buy powerful cards...
These kind of games pay structure usually comes down to buying packs just like you would physical card games, not individual cards. A RMAH for a CCG would probably be cool though for people into pissing away money.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well I guess they tested super high prices for cosmetics shit in WoW, fee on every item transaction and real money transactions with D3, so I guess what's left is death by a thousand microtransaction tests with this new thing, and then Titan preparing tests will be over.

Rime

<Donor>
Actually, this would have been cooler if they integrated it into WoW as well. Set up some card dens in cities, let players wager stuff if they want or have a chance to win ingame rewards, etc. WoW Pokemon worked out well, might as well do this in WoW as well.
I agree with this so much.

Make 'packs' be a very rare drop from mobs in the world, like current epic items. Maybe award specific cards as part of achievements within the game.

Sort of like Legends of Norrath did when it first released, before SoE took that out.

Hell, steal even more from the original launch of LoN. Put specific cards on current/old raid targets. Kill Ragnaros? You have a chance of getting Lord Ragnaros the Everburning for your Heartstone game. If you are super lucky, you will get the rare shiny version or whatever - It will keep people busy.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Agreed! That would be a sweet idea. Also, there are a lot of people upset that it's not a bigger "title" but it looks kind of interesting to me, lol. Either way, I'm sure they're saving the 'good' stuff for Blizzcon and all.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
As someone who is addicted to mobile games just like this in my spare time - all I can say to this is F A I L. No android support (yet). No mobile devices?! What's the fucking point? Seems idiotic to me to launch this on PC/MAC - its a fucking cell phone game on the computer. Genius.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
215530391_oLuDB-L-2.jpg

215530391_oLuDB-L-2.jpg

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I suspect it will be integrated into WoW and Diablo 3, just not the way round you are hoping.

99% sure it will have LoNorrath style loot cards you can redeem in whichever game for a shiny armoured mongoose mount or something and they only drop from the $3 a pack cards.

Edit: haha! The post above while I was typing this is it exactly.