Hearthstone

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
flush.jpg

Blizzard officially dead.
No, it died on May 15, 2012. It's been Weekend at Bernie's ever since.

flush.jpg

Maybe I'm not jaded and butthurt enough for this forum but i'm moderately interested in this unless they go overboard with the pricing scheme.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This isn't actually that surprising. There are fucking untold piles of cash being made by shitty mobile CCGs all over right now. People have mentioned Rage of Bahamut already, but I don't think anyone has really realized the scope of that thing. Mobbage (who publishes in the US markets) recently bought a 20% stake in CyGames (the jpn devs) for 92 MILLION fucking dollars. It's just unreal the amount of money those types of games are raking in right now, so ActiBlizz wanting in on it smells about right to me.
I think apparently everyone keeps missing the point whereIT'S NOT BEING RELEASED FOR MOBILE DEVICES. Hence the facepalms/wtfs. IE, people would actually PLAY it and not be disappointed by having another lackluster Blizzard PC entry to compete with the other mediocre/shit releases of late for time spent not playing games that should have been better.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm not jaded and butthurt enough for this forum but i'm moderately interested in this unless they go overboard with the pricing scheme.
Nah, this is just the usual suspects desperate for Blizzard to fuck up because they quit WoW X years ago and other people haven't/D3 wasn't a straight reskin of D2/and so on.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nah, this is just the usual suspects desperate for Blizzard to fuck up because they quit WoW X years ago and other people haven't/D3 wasn't a straight reskin of D2/and so on.
Nah it's the other issues it has like no mobile platform at launch, no trading, the screenshots look like pure ass. It just doesn't look AMAZING. Will it be good enough? Maybe.

Chris

Potato del Grande
D3 is a hideous failiure of a game on every level Itzena, it doesn't belong in your stupid complaints list.

Caliane

nah. this is not dependable.

yeah. Alot of the crying is from "gamers" complaining this is not a "game".
But disregarding that, even the more rational people here, are looking at this without that bias. Then looking over at Puzzles and dragons, and other mobile games, and just shaking our heads.
ipad being the only mobile. it just "what"? as others have said, there are many here that would have been all set to jump on a mobile based CCG.

Caliane

D3 is a hideous failiure of a game on every level Itzena, it doesn't belong in your stupid complaints list.
Except for the making a shit ton of profit part.
I'm still curious if the destruction of brand loyalty had any effect on SC2 expac sales.

Oddly, it does seem like its easier to build brand loyalty in gaming, then it is to break it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Popularity/economic success is not necessarily a reflection of quality. Just because Blizzard is making a profit doesnt mean they arent putting out shitty quality games.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
For what its worth I havent bought HotS because I reviewed my "first day buy" policy for blizz after D3.

While I actually enjoy CCGs the UI and visual design for this dont thrill me that much. Anyway it is F2P so I will just try it out (if it hits android mobile before we have holodecks). Also, the name is stupid.

Caliane

Popularity/economic success is not necessarily a reflection of quality. Just because Blizzard is making a profit doesnt mean they arent putting out shitty quality games.
yes, from the gamers end of course, we are pissed.

But I doubt their investors are.
They will only care if the travesty forever broke brand loyalty. But as far as I can tell, D3 travesty had zero effect on SC2 expac. so yeah.

the gamer and poet in us all want the "good" games to sell well.
Path of Exile, Torchlight. Both FAR better games. But while still successes thankfully. neither sold 10million+ copies. And neither have the RHAM making cash every day off of preexisting customers.

D3 was a fucking goldmine. and that is the only lesson anyone in any position of power learned. "fuck that loser"

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
This is something I am very interested in. Unfortunately, I'd only play it on my android phone and they don't support android.

y-u-no-guy.jpg

y-u-no-guy.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If it allows for being played in a window with rapid minimizing I could see this replacing solitaire at work.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll give it a try when it comes out, could be good game to play while watching sc2/dota2 streams.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure I'll love it, but I'm a huge TCG fan. Spent over $10k on MTGO over the years. Spent 100s of hours on Legends of Norrath a bunch, RoB on mobile etc. It sounds like the main focus will be playing against players. LoN had about 15 scenarios for AI play which were interesting and it seems like could be a potential feature for this game, if not at release. Basically a storyline to follow with interesting encounters that forced you to come up with creative decks to complete, so you couldn't just build one super deck and win them all.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I thought Legends of Norrath was fun and always wondered why Blizzard didn't make a TCG that was accessible IN WoW like LoN. My issue with this game is it doesn't BLOW me away. Shouldn't a Blizzard TCG blow me away? Why is it so low rez? The playing surface on PC is 4:3 to fit an Ipad, so we just waste all that space? Where are the sick animations on your cards? Why are they so boring looking?

This game looks adequate and personally I'd want to be blown away. I'm not surprised they're making this game, I'm surprised it looks mediocre and they didn't do this 5 years ago.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'm still curious if the destruction of brand loyalty had any effect on SC2 expac sales.

Oddly, it does seem like its easier to build brand loyalty in gaming, then it is to break it.
if blizzard didnt suck and this was back during the starcraft days i would have bought it first day solely because back then they put out pure gold, after d3 ill probably never buy a blizzard product without some kinda of demo/beta testing, or if they ever make a gem then itl just be that awesome ill have to grab it.

but even after i beta tested d3 just off gameplay i didnt see the abomination that was coming, so id probably change that to ill never buy a blizzard game again unless they strike a gem, but what really killed D3 for me was no pvp at launch RMAH didnt affect me i never used it, and none of the people i played with did.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you can't really count immediate sales only when doing the impact - otherwise you could say that matrix reloaded was a commercial success, even though it's terribleness sank the franchise beyond any hope of recovery.