Hearthstone

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
5-3 is a good record. I mean, its the floor for a good record, but that's what's considered good, 5-3 or better.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When I last checked I had spent $2500~ on League of Legends since it came out. It's entirely possible to have spent more on league of legends than WoW since release.

On a related note, I'd really like to get a key. If anyone is willing to trade for something on steam or otherwise, PM me!

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Yeah I have quite a few keys to steam games and humble bundles. PM me if you want to trade for something instead of being an extortion artist on an auction website.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Arena is a different skillset. I think I'm getting better at it then I realize that a Mage deck with Ragnaros, Harrison Jones, 2x Polymorph, 2x Fireball, 1x Blizzard, 1x Flamestrike better win a few more games. I watch Kripparian stream Arena and he just gets win after win with decks that I would consider average.

Just drew the Nozdormu card from a card pack and will probably disenchant it into its 400 dust, he wouldn't fit in any of my decks, can easily be countered by a silence owl to negate his 15s/turn special and costs too much to play. Thanks Obama.

Arena is a different skillset. I think I'm getting better at it then I realize that a Mage deck with Ragnaros, Harrison Jones, 2x Polymorph, 2x Fireball, 1x Blizzard, 1x Flamestrike better win a few more games. I watch Kripparian stream Arena and he just gets win after win with decks that I would consider average.
mage is all about control decks. with pyroblasts to the face.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got priest for the first time in arena last night, haven't finished it yet, but started 3-0 with the last win being a flawless victory. Once a priest gets board control you're done. It was even a bad draft, no shields, no deaths, had to pick between thought steal and mind control, only one northshire cleric. Rares are unspectacular, a ringleader, the priest minion that heals all for 2, and a sorcerer's apprentice. I even made a couple of mistakes losing minions I didn't have to the last couple of games. Priest may be op in constructed, but they definitely seem to be op in arena.

Thought steal is a stupidly good card and mind control is just...I don't know, they need to change the cost to 10. It is always going to be at least 2 cards for 1, and often times it is at least 3 because you're not going to steal some little weenie they can easily kill. Especially in arena, trading 3 cards for 1 is op.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It's starting to be a bit stupid how long it's taking them to reach open beta. For a game where playing the beta is a huge, persistent advantage once the game launches, they're really fucking things up. Week after week after week where people who have access can amass cards and other resources that they get to keep when it's released while everyone else just has to sit and wait, losing enthusiasm for the game and faith in its competitive integrity because they'll be so far behind. This is why a beta has to be either wiped in the end or open for everyone. The hype is really starting to falter.

bayr_sl

shitlord
you're crying about an unfair advantage in a casual game that will likely be dropped by 90% of players in 3 months time

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All of the cards doesn't take that long to get especially if you drop a few dollars on packs of cards.

At that point there isn't much advantage? Experience maybe.

Column_sl

shitlord
Arena is an even playing field for everyone even tho the draft is kind of garbage as other have mentioned.

They really need to do allot before this comes out of beta imho.
There's not a whole lot to do since there is no competitive ladder system, and barely any carrot on a stick type incentives.

I have 10 more levels to 60 ,and I'm pretty burned out on it imho, With the influx of new people the competition has become far worse then Beta 1.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
It's starting to be a bit stupid how long it's taking them to reach open beta. For a game where playing the beta is a huge, persistent advantage once the game launches, they're really fucking things up. Week after week after week wherepeople who have access can amass cards and other resources that they get to keep when it's releasedwhile everyone else just has to sit and wait, losing enthusiasm for the game and faith in its competitive integrity because they'll be so far behind. This is why a beta has to be either wiped in the end or open for everyone. The hype is really starting to falter.
Negative, you do not get to keep anything from the Beta. If you "help" Blizzard test their store by spending real money, you will be given a Gold Legendary Card. I also believe it says you will be given Gold equal to the real money amount spent. So thats still quite a bit of cards, but nothing more then anyone else with money would have access to at launch.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Negative, you do not get to keep anything from the Beta. If you "help" Blizzard test their store by spending real money, you will be given a Gold Legendary Card. I also believe it says you will be given Gold equal to the real money amount spent. So thats still quite a bit of cards, but nothing more then anyone else with money would have access to at launch.
Negative, the wipe on Oct. 2nd was the final wipe. They already said they do not plan on there being any additional wipes.

As per,this.

Blizzard_sl said:
Will there be any wipes in the future?

We don't anticipate any further wipes.This goes for both the Hearthstone beta and after the game's official release.Any progress made during the beta after the wipe will be retained through the release of Hearthstone, such as new cards you obtain, levels that you gain and ranks you achieve. Basically, you'll now be able to keep your stuff.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, there is no more wipes. It's pretty much in soft beta at this point.

Exactly how never winter was without the ability to buy into the Beta.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah man, nah. They already did that wipe and stated they aren't doing another.

But honestly as someone who just got into the beta last week, coming in I didn't feel like I was at any disadvantage. Multiple people have made it to masters with decks built entirely out of the cards everyone starts with / you earn while lvling to 15, which doesn't take long. Really the biggest advantage you can have going in is having prior ccg experience.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I wanted to get in this game badly, then thought of my EQ CCG experience. If this is news to you; there has been an EQ CCG for years. Its actually quite decent.

My story goes like this:

1) get into beta
2) like the game, play competitive, top 8 a few games
3) spend 1500$ on booster packs
4) beta ends and I am no longer to do competitive play, since I am European

/sadface

I did post on their forums that I couldn't accept that and would chargeback all expenses. First and only time ever I posted on an EQ forum, only to be contacted ingame by support within 15 minutes. I would have lost my EQ account over chargebacking, and at the time it wasn't worth it to me.

Lesson learned.