Hearthstone

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Today in Hearthstone I learned:

Never play Jaraxxus in a warlock vs warlock match. If they have Sacrifical Pact, they target you and you lose the game.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Let me make sure I have this right and propah. Tell me if I'm wrong.

My friend has 16 Dragon Dildos of Doom. You can't run 16 in a deck. He is more than happy to trade at least 12 of them, and even take a loss because I only have 12 Greasy Golden Showers and am willing to trade 8 of them.

We can't, cause trading is for fags?

I hate games that don't allow trading. Can't enjoy it with my friends if there's no trading.
It's not a trading card game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you have trading than there is a monetary incentive for hacking/stealing people's accounts. Without trading all you can do is disenchant someone's collection and craft them 300 Mad Bombers or whatever. That kind of damage is easily rewound. Someone breaking in to someone else's account and trading all the cards to a mule to another mule to another mule that sold those cards on online to another party who is now going to get fucked? That's a rather sticky wicket to have to deal with. Trading also opens up sharks and exploitation. I don't want to be the customer service rep who has to deal with an irate parent who wants you undo Billy trading away a golden legendary.

The fun of trading for us doesn't not counterbalance with the pain in the ass trading is for Blizzard.

Madaxe_sl

shitlord
I think hacking will always happen with an incentive, but with better security such as two step verification like authenticators, email confirm, phone txt etc as well as IP based, tied to a tablets UDID's etc, is it really going to cost more to run CS on those cases than you'd get in revenue increase from the added fun factor and long levity of trading cards?

I think it comes down to a money grab for selling more cards, and that's it. And I hate that Blizzard has become that company.

But whatever, I'll still play it when I can and it looks fun enough to throw some bucks in to get a few packs. But opening a pack and seeing a legendary only to realize it'll be dust fodder will be about as anti-climatic as morenetz.

Got my key yesterday and I am fucking hooked on this game. It's a watered down MTG but it's still fun as hell imo. Lots of amateur's on there - I know a couple of matches I had last night that had to have them crying. Bring it on, bitches.
I had an opponent disconnect when I polymorphed his super buffed taunt card (he was a priest), felt good man

bayr_sl

shitlord
Trading would turn it into instant scam/hack city, that's just the way it is. Look at all the retarded scam attempts in Dota 2/tf2 etc.

This game is a casual shitfest card game for alternate revenue, it's clearly not something they want to divert tons of resources to and support teams and whatnot.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are we seriously defending Blizzard for not allowing trading in their CCG?
If you want to call it that, then sure. I am glad there is no trading because if there was it would undoubtedly create a black market and people would just click to buy the best cards/decks.

I'd agree it is JUST a money grab if you couldn't disenchant and craft any card in the game, but with this system in place it makes it as fair as possible for everyone. Keeping all the money in house was just an added bonus. I think you are going to see more games in the future will have systems like this one, like the one in Mass Effect 3 mp, in which you can't trade anything or can't trade currency so it creates an even playing field and you don't have chinese botters ruining your game's economy. I'd probably still be playing D3 if botters didn't completely ruin the game's economy and I'm sure many people quit in frustration because of said economy.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Today in Hearthstone I learned:

Never play Jaraxxus in a warlock vs warlock match. If they have Sacrifical Pact, they target you and you lose the game.
Sacrificial Pact, for all your Warlock mirror match tech needs.

I still wonder if that card will get changed to target a friendly Demon, and the heal bumped, for this reason. Realizing I could do it to enemy demons = hehe

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Though it was probably their intention from the get-go, the bottleneck into spending actual dollars for cards is just too obvious. The return rate on dusts from disenchanting is garbage compared to what it costs to make some of the epics/legendary cards; the rate in which you earn gold is abysmal, and the amount of dust you earn in the arena isn't that great as well. I guess all in all, aside from the legendary cards it wouldn't take THAT long to earn/create every other card in the game that isn't given to you from leveling.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun as shit and i'm not against spending cash to buy decks, but I can't speak for everyone.

There are plenty of things this game can use though, and I hope they implement them before release. I want a chat window so I can talk shit/drink the tears of the people who i'm beating into the ground. These emotes aren't doing the trick. Oh and they really need to not reset Ranking every week - I see no real point in that. Maybe assign individual ranks to each customized deck? If I get up to Master Rank 3 with a deck one week so I can play similar ranked players, there's no reason I should have to play scrubs again the next week to rank back up.

Column_sl

shitlord
the rate in which you earn gold is abysmal, and the amount of dust you earn in the arena isn't that great as well
The rate of getting gold is pretty good imho.

its 3 win per 10 gold, and the daily is 60. So you can get 1 pack a day with minimal effort.
And , Arena nets allot more gold for 5 wins even tho they nerfed wins over 5.

Also gold foil card net a shitload of dust.One gold legendary from a pack can be disenchanted into any legendary you want.
Most classes dont even need legendary decks to win.

If you look at is this way. Most videogames are 60 bucks.

For 50 bucks you get 40 packs. With that starter investment, you wont need to buy cards ever again, and will be on a equal footing as everyone else.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe it's because it's Beta, but I've only received 2 Daily quests ever since I got my invite about 5 days ago. Maybe it will improve for me once I get dailies every day, lol. Right now i'm pretty much stuck getting 45 wins (45 games minimum, assuming I don't lose at all) ranked or unranked to even get one shot at the arena. I won 6 matches last night in the Arena, and from what I had read elsewhere, generally 5+ victories nets you at the minimum your gold back to play Arena again, however all I got was a pack of cards, 10g, and approx. 85 dust. I was disappoint.

And like I said, I don't mind spending the money for cards, I just don't think most people would want to throw down $50 on cards for a free to play game. Hell, I've probably spent $50 my first night on there. Are they planning on charging for the game itself on release or will it be free, with the current dollar spending options?

Column_sl

shitlord
Its one quest per day, and it resets at around 4 :30 am cst

every quest equates to around 3 wins so essentially you are getting 70 per daily quest.
then just need 9 more wins, and you get one pack per day. It's quite easy, and you are not forced to play ranked to get your wins.

So if you played everyday you would have 365 packs per year.
And if you really like the game paying one time for 40 packs is pretty much like buying into any video game.

The games free, you will never have to buy anything.

Arena is just a perk, There is really no benefit from playing arena other then it essentially puts you into a draft versus having to use constructed decks.

BUT, if you are playing with people on your friends list you can make up any rules you want, and enforce your own drafting system.
The games fairely flexible in that regard.

It does need better social tools tho. Such as ways to make tournaments, drafts, etc.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I'd like to be able to see a breakdown of my own win/loss record, and the person i'm playing against, though that's only a minor gripe. Is it even possible to friend someone mid-game? I've played a lot of skilled players who I'd like to play again but without being able to see their full Battle.net name I can't friend them or anything. Aside from telling them "Well played." communication is far too limited.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
If they let us keep our drafted cards from Arena, the dust problem would (more than) go away!

I can say for certainty that the quests are NOT resetting at 4:30am CST. Why? Because I'm not getting any until evenings PST, at about the time that I completed my last one the day prior.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't know if we'll ever see that change either. Feels very deliberate to keep the game "casual". It's not really that surprising, given the community pvp games tend to involve.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
When is this going open beta?
Five minutes after I get a closed beta invite.
frown.png