Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_68925.jpg

The deathrattle is just a nifty bonus. I'm mainly thrilled about the idea of a 3/4 for 3.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Replace all of that with an arcane golem and the damage numbers aren't significantly affected.

Golem -> Power Overwhelming -> Faceless = 16 damage (or even wolfrider + PO x2 + faceless for 22 damage; even higher than the Leeroy combo for 1 extra card required)
Golem -> Rockbiter -> Rockbiter -> Windfury = 20 damage

If Leeroy is marginalized it will just shift the strat to the next most powerful charger and still be very powerful and widespread. And replacing him with arcane golems or even wolfriders offer more strategic options due to the "downside" of Leeroy making him a finisher or desperation play only. Like others have said, it's the charge mechanic that people have issue with. Leeroy's just the scapegoat as he's the strongest charger that all classes can use. Personally, I'm fine with the current state of charge combos but I can understand the complaints.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
That card is so fucking good it's sickening. Almost no other 3 drops have more than 3 attack meaning it's almost guaranteed to 2 for 1 or more depending on heals. That's the sole reason everyone hates Northshire Clerics. You can't trade for it value wise and they gain a huge advantage if you don't remove it. So let's just give them more of that shit mechanic everyone hates.

Jungle panthers? In my meta? It's more likely than you think!

I doubt it could swing the meta that hard by itself but that's probably the best class specific card from Naxx so far and will go a long way to making priests a top tier class again.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't get why it's 3/4. 2/4 I could see, kinda like the shaman Unbound Elem or Warrior Frothing Berzerker, but 3/4 is retarded. Could be 4/3 like Kirin Tor Mage, so it at least dies instantly to a bunch of damage removal(but I guess then it doesn't die to shadow word pain). That's way over budget for 3, even not counting the death rattle and I think people would play a neutral 3/4 for 3 with nothing else on it(kinda like how people play yetis). And the deathrattle, while counterable, is also really fucking good and is especially annoying lategame(have to remove the bigger mobs first before you kill the small one because of the deathrattle).

Guess they saw that priests weren't doing that well 2months ago so they gave them an OP card, even though nowadays it seems people are actually playing priest with decent enough success.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, both Unbound Elemental and Frothing Berserker have massive potential. Implying that this is somehow more powerful is a statement I don't agree with at all. This fills a gap priests needed

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean, both Unbound Elemental and Frothing Berserker have massive potential. Implying that this is somehow more powerful is a statement I don't agree with at all. This fills a gap priests needed
They have potential, but they start as 2/4 and only their effect brings them to better stats. This starts as 3/4, which means it will kill pretty much every other 3drops and not die. An Unbound or Frothing doesn't kill for example a Harvest Golem or a Farseer, this does, and survives. See the problem is it's both killing 3drops and surviving 3drops. That's why stuff is either 2/4 or 3/3 for this cost usually(or lower in some cases depending on the strength of the effect and wether or not they're neutral). Yes in theory, eventually a Frothing or Unbound can become a lot more fearsome than 3/4, however this requires other stuff to happen. Also the fact they can become that is their effect. This card effect is not that it's 3/4, it's the deathrattle. That's why I think it's a stupid card, because even if it didn't have a deathrattle it'd be a great card and people would play it. Now the theme of Naxx is deathrattles, so that's fine, but I think it should have normalized stats. 3/3, 2/4 or 4/3. 3/4 is basically the strongest possible stats distribution at that cost and no other card has it, and it comes with no drawbacks and instead a further powerful effect.

As for which is more powerful, while I'd agree Frothing can do more especially with whirlwind and charge and shit like that, to be honest, I'd take this card over Unbound in a shaman deck.

This comes also as a change compared to the other cards. Most of them have been meh to "oh yeah that's alright I'd replace cards for that". I just don't see any priest not playing 2 of these for early game control. This is like harvest golem on steroids. In many ways, it's better than harvest.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say harvest is still better mainly because this requires minions on the board by turn 3 where harvest doesn't. It's actually a better late game card.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'd go so far as to say that the Priest card is the best card we've seen from Naxx so far. However, by itself, it won't magically fix Priest but it should help them out a bit. Priest still have too many "legacy" issues such as the 4 attack weak spot and their over-reliance on using opponent's cards.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The problem with Leeroy is charge. Game would feel a lot better if charging mobs couldn't be targeted by spells / effects on their summon turn. Maybe I lack vision though. P much every 'Oh Bull god damn shit' moment in this game comes from charging mobs of some type though.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I don't think he's innately broken. I think it's more the mechanic. What if they made it so a charge unit could only attack once per turn? Wouldn't that fix most of the issues with the gimmick combos?
Convoluted rulings like keeping track of a permanent in-between zones and negating it partially (no charge) on the second cast are not the way to go. You want simple and/or elegant solutions. In this case the idea of giving the whelps taunt is nice and easy (and might kill the card but eh).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those trump games, the first was just an amazing draw from the rogue, the second trump misplayed horribly. Why wouldn't you clear the board when you know your opponent is playing a rush/tempo deck, thus you know you have better card value. He's also lucky the rogue didn't have cold blood in hand and cold blood his divine shielded squire and trade into the inervated yeti, it would have been gg at that point.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Convoluted rulings like keeping track of a permanent in-between zones and negating it partially (no charge) on the second cast are not the way to go. You want simple and/or elegant solutions. In this case the idea of giving the whelps taunt is nice and easy (and might kill the card but eh).
The idea is terrible, stop mentioning it.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think Leeroy is that bad. The only problem I have with it is rogue's playing it 3 times in a turn. They should make it so that cards can only be played once a turn. Also, I think the game would be better w/o any zero cost cards (except the coin).

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's just limiting a game with already restrictive mechanics even further. There's no need for that. Leeroy is on the edge of balance but he has been for forever and the game has survived. As someone mentioned, nerf Leeroy and you get crystal golems instead. Although making Leeroy drop ONE drake with taunt is an interesting solution, it actually makes some of the more interesting Leeroy plays (filling up opponents board) no longer functional. Making two taunts is too much.

Nerfing charge to only work once per turn on a creature, or make them untargetable, just adds arbitrary complications to a limited problem. It's perfectly healthy for a game to have different types of decks, some try and whittle you down with damage fast and frequently early on (aggro), some just club away and try and keep you from doing the same (mid-range), others opt for trying to end you in one turn (control/combo). Most, if not all, CCGs have these decks and more going on in every meta. If one unequivocally dominates all others a huge majority of the time, then something needs to be addressed, but that's not really the case right now, despite all the bitching that would lead people to think it is.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
That's a cute vid with Trump but the second game was his to lose but he got greedy. He really should have kept the board clear. Rogues just have too much burst potential. Obviously he forgot about the coin but even so I think the better plays would have to been keeping the board clear.