Hearthstone

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just played a Hunter who set himself up with the double Buzzard double Creeper play. Too bad he had no way to pop his own creepers. I Pyromancered his Buzzards the next turn and he went on to lose horribly. I see the potential he's after but I feel as though that play lost him the game.
Creepers don't draw cards when they split, Spectral spiders aren't beasts like Spirit wolves aren't either.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey guys I heard the tokens aren't beasts.

I seriously found that out the hard way once though. Dropped a buzzard and traded in my creeper, then was like WAAAAAT. So salty.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The Warlock ability is tricky. It's the classic 'not everything has the same worth' problem that MTG had in its early days with cycles of cards. Here's looking at you, Ancestral Recall.

There are lot of potential solutions: Make it cost 0 life to 'see' the card and CMC of card -1 per turn in life to 'obtain' it. (IE, 6 cost that turn will cost 6 life, 5 next... 4 two turns later, etc.) Or leave it in hand and put a 2 mana increase cost on it in hand that dissolves after 2 turns or something. But all of them will make it 'not like the others'. Then it starts begging he question: why are all these abilities restricted to 2 mana when the effects are clearly not the same. IE, warrior could be +4 shield until beginning of next turn instead of permanent.

I think down the road, one obvious addition of depth is going to be tailored abilities that change decks and cost various amounts. It seems like the 'simple' way to add a leveling treadmill to the game both to expand functionally (IE, upgrade to 4 mana for 2 damage mage ability) and aesthetically (change mage ability to frost bolt with sparkles for earning some achieve).

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
why the hell do people want to nerf zoo/warlock?

Its strong, but whats wrong with a deck being strong in a game?

I for one enjoy making zoo decks surrender with my annoying priest deck and taking till timer expires every single turn. Hard plays man, harrrrd plays.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Let's not do any of that.
Right now the primary feeling I have about Hearthstone is it's fun to play but very dull and dry because of the lack of depth. When the meta is completely driven by social media hype and not by new cards, there's a problem.

Blizzard wants to make a lot of money, that much is sure, so if they can't keep up with the content, they sure as shit can develop a treadmill. See... basically every WoW patch.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
why the hell do people want to nerf zoo/warlock?

Its strong, but whats wrong with a deck being strong in a game?

I for one enjoy making zoo decks surrender with my annoying priest deck and taking till timer expires every single turn. Hard plays man, harrrrd plays.
It's nothing specifically about Zoo right now (though it is an obnoxious deck to work around with other deck concepts) but rather that Warlock itself has a power multiplier for a class ability. Other classes get weaker as the power curve creeps up over time, Warlocks get better.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Isn't it a little pre-emptive to say that power curve is going to creep up? We've only seen an injection of a few cards that would fit into zoo-lock, and they're 'within budget'. When they start introducing more mechanics / low cost cards using them, then we'll see how the power curve shifts. (But even then, they can just nerf the budget.)

Anyhow, Nerubian Egg + Taskmaster is my new favorite combo for early game. Innocuous just sitting there as a 0/2, but one card and it'll take out most 2 drops.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, warlocks will obviously get better with power creep, but since Blizzard seems to do content updates once every 12 months or so, we really don't need to rush to a conclusion. If lock Zoo wouldn't be usable with even mostly basic cards, I certainly wouldn't bother playing. Win or lose, it's fast and fun.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
people wanna nerf stuff based on how things are going to be overpowered eventually? i dont even.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
With how shit the Hearthstone devs have been I'm not sure how anyone expects anything from them. Armchair dev all you want but they can't even fix the placement bugs for minions properly.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah. It seems like a perfect timekill game along the lines of what I was looking for when I started, but it doesn't seem deep enough to justify getting super into.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
They did fix the bug. Then the bug came back. Hence the appelation "bug". If you'd like a different experience, go play Solforge and get back to me.

Warlocks have been nerfed as a class already as well, Blood Imp and Flame Imp got hit in beta. They have nerfed many cards and expect they will again at some point in the future.

Duppin, I like that in HS you don't ever have to get super deep. You get bored of doing dailies, and your collection sits there waiting for you to return. Take time off from MtG or Magic Online and watch your value drain away with set rotation.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Hey guys I heard the tokens aren't beasts.

I seriously found that out the hard way once though. Dropped a buzzard and traded in my creeper, then was like WAAAAAT. So salty.
Tried to use mine on day one for scavenging hyena and houndmaster.
frown.png

Delly

Trakanon Raider
They did fix the bug. Then the bug came back. Hence the appelation "bug". If you'd like a different experience, go play Solforge and get back to me.
Our collection of cards sit and wait for your return and old bugs also wait for your return. Grats.

I like the comeback of "If you don't like it, leave" as if that justifies having the bug. Whether or not it was patched already, its back. Lets see how many months it takes this time.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
You understand how development works right? This is not a new concept. I'm sure they had a fix for the bug for months and were just being lazy.
rolleyes.png