Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wish you guys ever linked to decks that are cheap... Hahah. I check the pictures and get excited, then see 3+ legendaries I don't have and go back to my trench tier games grinding a pack of cards a day.
4 epics 1 legendary
rrr_img_74854.jpg

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Disenchanting any Golden Legendary is a hard call. I'd never do it since I have a pretty complete collection but I can see the appeal for you since you're missing so much.

I agree with others that if you do DE him, Leeroy is a solid pick because he fits in really well with cheaper decks (Warlock and Hunter in particular). He's the only Legendary you need in those decks to make it competitive. Ragnaros is a solid choice but, as others have said, he's used more in late game, control style, decks. But he's not a wrong choice.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Am I nuts for even considering King Krush? =D

I did craft about 5 epics first so I have a pretty good set, I actually regretted not getting more legends so its nice to hear some of the advice is to do stuff I thought was a mistake !

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Am I nuts for even considering King Krush? =D

I did craft about 5 epics first so I have a pretty good set, I actually regretted not getting more legends so its nice to hear some of the advice is to do stuff I thought was a mistake !
Absolutely. There is only one or two decks that can run King Krush. Frozen Bananas is one and it's really fun, but no, no, no.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can anyone also give tips on a cheap deck to beat KT? I'm stuck on him and would really like the Shade... Seems like that card would be a good upgrade for me.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I crafted Bloodmage Thalnos for my first legendary, since at the time it seemed like he was a pretty 'generic' legendary that would fit into lots of different decks. That was definitely a mistake. I think Leeroy should be the first legendary a player crafts. He's in lots of decks and he makes a huge difference in those decks.

Can anyone also give tips on a cheap deck to beat KT? I'm stuck on him and would really like the Shade... Seems like that card would be a good upgrade for me.
Just make sure you've established a strong presence on the board before you finish breaking his armor in stage 1. Any halfway decent deck should be fine. I used this thing:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
King Krush is really bad but I'd also recommend against crafting any Class Specific Legendary cards just yet. You'll get more mileage out of a solid neutral Legendary (like Leeroy) than a class one.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if someone spent money, or "too much money" on the game, as long as their family isn't like starving because daddy spent all their money on hearthstone cards, why does anyone give a shit how someone else spends their disposable income?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Even if someone spent money, or "too much money" on the game, as long as their family isn't like starving because daddy spent all their money on hearthstone cards, why does anyone give a shit how someone else spends their disposable income?
Agreed.

This isn't Blizzard's forums with stupid ass F2P/P2W bullshit arguments popping up. I would bet at least half of us regulars to the thread (if not more) have spent real cash on the game. Personally I spent between $100 and $150 on the game (last cards I bought was back in January but I did spring for Naxx).

If someone spent money on the game, more power to them.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I would be happy to receive ridicule if i had spent $2k! but $60 bucks on a video game seems pretty standard ! I might even buck up for the final Naxx as i have trouble saving gold when i can spend it !

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I haven't spent anything, but right now Naxx gives you much better bang for your back than anything else unless you are getting 12 wins in arena all the time. I think I enjoy working towards something, because when all I had was grinding for more packs, the game got boring really fast.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The first Legend I ever opened was Lorewalker Cho. I disenchanted him to help me make Ragnaros. I have always been more of a control player so I think I made a good decision. It's funny because now I don't use Rag at all in any deck but for a while there he was a total horse for me and certainly allowed me to win a lot of games.

I think Leeroy is also a good choice. If you know what type of player you are (Control vs Rush) you can craft accordingly. Leeroy if you like fast decks, Ragnaros if you like slow decks.

Cho is the only Legendary I've ever disenchanted. I have a gold Al'Akir and a gold Tinkmaster. Muukla is really the only Legend that I am missing that could see play in a couple-few decks. I also lack Van-Cleef but I literally never play Rogue so, meh.

I went a very long time without spending any money on the game but then I started to kind of fall in love with it so I finally caved and decided to purchase enough packs to make most of the cards I wanted. I have a few holes in my collection (still only have one Sea Giant and it took meforeverto get my first Brawl) but for the most part I have all I need to make pretty much any deck I want.

I won't necessarily disagree with playing Constructed to start, but I personally started with Arena myself and, yeah, it isn't always the most cost effective in terms of gold right at the start, and yeah, you'll lose a lot. But you'll get to see and play with such a wide variety of cards that you likely would never see in Constructed that I honestly think it is the best way to jump into the game. And once you can get to at least 3 wins consistently, you're earning packs and paying your way towards the next Arena run. And as always, in Arena, I recommend making your mana curve look like it's giving you the finger.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Gold cards are just vanity, why wouldn't you DE them if they are extra? Obviously you don't DE a Legendary if you don't have a normal one.

It's like people having all foil decks in Magic - waste of money.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
DE all Millhouse Manastorms you open. Even if you have a complete set of the game. It will save you from Drunk Bad Decisions Deck Building.