Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've successfully resisted the urge to d/e my golden Jaraxxus so far, but it has been quite difficult.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think Arena is fun, but it doesn't help with constructed. To be good at constructed you need to understand all the decks that are out there, when they will play certain cards, what they are trying to bait you into playing, etc.

Arena you can have multiple copies of the same cards, like 4x swipe etc.. It's just a different game entirely.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Gold cards are just vanity, why wouldn't you DE them if they are extra? Obviously you don't DE a Legendary if you don't have a normal one.

It's like people having all foil decks in Magic - waste of money.
Never in my life will I ever have any way to defend my addiction to gold/foil cards. =D

In M:tG I used to play with beta commons and foil lands and all kinds of shit like that. I admit there is no logical reason for it but I still love my gold Sludge Belcher and that's that!

sebur

Bronze Squire
I have a golden angry chicken, it is quite wonderful. My favorite is my golden Tirion though. I am with angry on this, I cannot resist the urge to use them and keep them for nothing other than oooooo they are shiny, but I also love having shit others don't have.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Yeah but my gold Sludge Belcher drips poison slime from his mouth onto your face and makes him better than a non-gold one. You just don't understand, man!

Column_sl

shitlord
I make some cards golden because I want people to focus on them. Same way I never play my legend card back when Im under rank 5.
You can catch people sleeping all the time, and any advantage no matter how small is still good in this game.

I even make people quit on Miracle because they are so used to the Leeroy combo with BM. Sometimes I dont even have Lethal.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I even make people quit on Miracle because they are so used to the Leeroy combo with BM. Sometimes I dont even have Lethal.
I've played a Force of Nature and have had the dude concede thinking the combo was coming. It wasn't. I had no Roar in my hand.
wink.png
That's only happened once though.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I initally spent $40 on the game and then I got the rest of my cards through arena. I was familiar with ccg's though and probably averaged 4.5 wins in the beginning so I always came out ahead in arena, rather than just buying packs.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I love the videos of people conceding to Leeroy right before their knife juggler kills Leeroy.
This has happened to me when I played Leeroy. I must have laughed for 5 minutes. It was like a 12.5% chance of happening, but it did. So the concede was priceless

The Master

Bronze Squire
I decided I was never going to play D3 again at some point and sold all the crap I had before the RHAH got nuked. I put that money into HS. Other than that I just did a lot of arena. I completed the collection a few months ago. I've never D/Eed a golden card and I was on the fence about it for a long time (I got a Golden Gruul as my fifth legendary or something and I was tempted). But there really aren't that many cards, keep doing arena, doing constructed, and you'll have the whole collection in like 3-4 months anyway.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
These are my non-Naxx legendary cards:
Sylvannas
Beast
Hogger
Captain Greenskin

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sylvanas is top tier, beast is dumpster tier, Greenskin is borderline playable, Hogger is on the cusp of being playable.

Hogger would be such a different story as a 4/5.