Hearthstone

The Master

Bronze Squire
Loser's bracket or doing everything up to semis via group brackets helps with the RNG aspect. Also it means planning your decks, and their counters, becomes really important. Some people really like this aspect of the tournament structure. Tides, for instance, who always seems to plan his decks perfectly for the current meta and wins fucking everything.

Hyped got knocked out of the VGVN. I am reasonably sure if he'd run a deck that wasn't Miracle he would have gotten through. Even running Zoo would have saved him from losing a couple of those games and he only got knocked out by one game.

I'd be curious to see a show match structure that was each match up, 4 decks, ban one. So essentially a bo5, because you'd have a max of nine matches and each deck would be played three times. I bet it'd get to the ninth game pretty often.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Deathrattle mage is decent to quite good depending on how many hunters you run in to, which is to say it's awful.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Naxx really helped mages, Mad Scientist and Duplicate (plus some other cards) may make a midrange build viable again.
Mage is great now, been killing it in tournaments. You just need to ban Hunter. The issue is that every good Mage deck relies on secrets and Flare is ridiculous value vs secrets. There are like 3-4 Mage decks I've seen, Deathrattle/face-rush with Mana Wyrms and etc., giants, mid-range with high value Duplicate targets, and a freeze variant that have all done well.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not impressed with this tournament structure. At first glance, and in theory, I really like the cycling of decks. But HS has so much RNG involved that it really just adds another layer of chaos. MTG, for instance, would have you playing multiple games with the same deck, which helps smooth out any RNG/draw fuckery. By contrast, this HS tourney can see one game where you have the favored match-up against your opponent's deck get draw-fucked, then you're forced to swap to a worse match-up where maybe you finally get your better draw, but it matters much less because of said worse match-up.

Meh. Still entertaining to watch, but I feel bad for the players, honestly.
I do agree there should be best of 3 per deck, but I like the different deck match ups too. I'd like to see something like best of 3 per deck for a best of 3 match overall. You'll have minimum 4 games per match though, up to a max of 9. It adds a lot of potential time, but it would eliminate some of those times you lose simply because of draw.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn it all I hate playing against AIDS Freeze Mages. I had complete board control pretty much the whole game and had the idiot at 5 hp. ICE BLOCK, ICE BLOCK, FROST NOVA, ALEXSTRAEZA, FROST NOVA. FIREBALLS.

Ran into like 4 of them in a row.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
God damn it all I hate playing against AIDS Freeze Mages. I had complete board control pretty much the whole game and had the idiot at 5 hp. ICE BLOCK, ICE BLOCK, FROST NOVA, ALEXSTRAEZA, FROST NOVA. FIREBALLS.

Get ready to see a whole fuck load more of that with Hunter and Miracle Rogue getting nerfed even more. Freeze Mage is going to be the dominant deck by far.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really thought the influx of Naxx cards would bring more variety to decks in general while playing ladder but it really hasn't. It's still the same as before, everyone playing the same 3-4 decks with the exact same cards give or take a card or two. I've lost count how many times I've played hunter, mage and priest and it's literally almost the same game every single time. Hopefully this 100 card explosion they are talking about will mix things up.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

If you're playing a class that can get armor, get armor whenever you can, and save any heals in your deck for AFTER alexstrasza. There is a very finite amount of damage the freeze mage deck can do so with the right amount of armor or a little bit of heals and they'll literally deck themselves before they can kill you.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just played against a very interesting and unique Handlock/Demonlock hybrid. I lost using my KT Ramp that does really well. He got godly draws though. Was really interesting, no idea how he fit it all in. He had 2 molten giants and 2 argus and all the good demons, including Pitlord and void caller and Doomguard and Dreadlord. He had support like Shadowflame and Soulfire etc. It was a really cool deck. It's always such a relief to play a unique deck. So pathetic to see all the net decks today, ugh.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I really thought the influx of Naxx cards would bring more variety to decks in general while playing ladder but it really hasn't. It's still the same as before, everyone playing the same 3-4 decks with the exact same cards give or take a card or two. I've lost count how many times I've played hunter, mage and priest and it's literally almost the same game every single time. Hopefully this 100 card explosion they are talking about will mix things up.
This is how TCG/CCGs with constructed competitive gameplay work since the internet became big. People will always play the best deck, and as soon as that best deck is posted somewhere online, everyone else will also be playing it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should I DE or keep?

rrr_img_76228.jpg

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Should I DE or keep?

rrr_img_76228.jpg
Depends on what you're missing and how competitive you want to be. Many ppl will say never de a golden legendary, but what are the chances of you using that card? If there is another legendary that you will get use out of I personally probably would, but keep in mind you'll probably never get another golden deathwing again, and deathwing in general will be one of the last legendary cards you craft.

Column_sl

shitlord
I would keep, its hard as hell to make gold cards.
Unless you absolutely need cards right now to compete I wouldn't disenchant that.

I think Destiny has finally broken me of my hearthstone addiction. I haven't even wanted to play in days, but I still push myself to complete the dailys.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had a golden Sylvanas but DE'ed it when I got a normal one. Then again, I only have four total legendaries with Sylvanas, Ragnaros (crafted from the DE'ed Sylvanas), and Al'Akir being the only useful ones. Fucking Millhouse Manastorm.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I haven't seen many so maybe I am wrong but every time I see a Hearthstone tournament why is it following a DOTA style multiple decks/heroes and bans with knockout pairings, rather than the MTG style single deck with swiss pairings?

One of those is a successful card game right and probably know their shit about tournaments by now... it kills my desire to get interested with the chaos and having to have multiple good(expensive) decks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lolol just won a game with an offensive reincarnate. He stole my thalnos and played baron rivendare with only 3 cards left in his deck, so I reincarnated it and then ran a searing totem into it to make him draw 4. Would have lost if I hadn't pushed him into fatigue that extra couple turns early.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Just played against a very interesting and unique Handlock/Demonlock hybrid. I lost using my KT Ramp that does really well. He got godly draws though. Was really interesting, no idea how he fit it all in. He had 2 molten giants and 2 argus and all the good demons, including Pitlord and void caller and Doomguard and Dreadlord. He had support like Shadowflame and Soulfire etc. It was a really cool deck. It's always such a relief to play a unique deck. So pathetic to see all the net decks today, ugh.
Sounds like a copy of Realz' vgvn decklist he used to almost come back against Amaz in the final a month ago.