Hearthstone

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is this the thread where I can rage about heroic Gothik? Yes!

Fuck heroic Gothik and fuck having to draw perfectly to win.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't seen many so maybe I am wrong but every time I see a Hearthstone tournament why is it following a DOTA style multiple decks/heroes and bans with knockout pairings, rather than the MTG style single deck with swiss pairings?

One of those is a successful card game right and probably know their shit about tournaments by now... it kills my desire to get interested with the chaos and having to have multiple good(expensive) decks.
There was a lot of concern about relative class balance during the alpha/beta stage and how that would impact tournaments. A good portion of the early HS folks were SC2 folks and the knockout style mirrors Team SC2 tourneys. Bans started getting added to events later. I would prefer single decks as well but I think we'd need a bigger card pool before it would deliver tournies with some variation.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
God I love this deck. Win or lose, it is always fun.

rrr_img_76256.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
SWD, SWD, Concede
Poor guy used a SWP on a Voidcaller early on only to summon a Doomguard which he then used a SWD to kill. Then, much later, he Thoughtstole his own Doomguard and hard casted it which caused him to discard his second SWD. He smashed my face for a bunch of damage that turn. Then I played two 0-mana Molten Giants, Defender of Argus'd them both and then Faceless'd one of them for three 9/9 Taunts in one turn. I'm actually surprised he didn't concede right then. That goofy 15/15 Void Terror is just for show really, the game was over when I had 3 9/9's and he had no more SWDs.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can someone for the love of our Lord on the cross tell me how to beat Gothik
frown.png
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't Gothik the dude who shits out 4/4s whenever one of your creatures dies? Freeze mage is ezmode if you have the cards for it

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Gothik does gain 1 mana crystal and draw a card. Then zoos out a ton of minions that can respawn on your side with the ability to deal damage to your character each turn.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Can someone for the love of our Lord on the cross tell me how to beat Gothik
frown.png
frown.png
You need a way to deal with the spawns. So either taunt givers, ways to give them attack so you can trade them off, or so much damage you can just win the race. Warriors with weapons can do that last one with the right draws. Druid, Paladin, and Priest can just outlast. Shaman with Flametongues and etc works really well to. Freeze Mage and Hunter can both win the damage race, as well. Warlock and Rogue would be tough.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Two games in a row where I was one turn from lethal and the hunter top decks a kill command for the win.

Hunter assfuck nerf, I embrace thee.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right now mages in arena are what is pissing me off. Stopped a good run the other day 6-1 with a really solid deck, really nice curve, and good late game. Go to finish it last night and lose to one mage w/ two flamestrikes before turn 10 and had lethal the next game against a mage who had 2 flamestrikes, 2 blizzards, and 4 fireballs, when he top decked his 4th fireball with 0 cards in hand to bypass my taunts and win.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
What's the standard Shaman deck these days? I've got 2 shaman dominance quests sitting in my log so just want to get them knocked out. I've got pretty much any card that could go in so l don't need budget suggestions if others would work better.