Hearthstone

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've liked using him off various ways to cheat him out quicker. But I'd never run him, just happy when he shows off Gazlowe, Portal, or Sneeds though.

Theoretically he could be hilarious with a warrior deck though, they get charge from her, no?

Yep, would. So could fill in for Hellscream, until you get one, with a few tweaks but easier to disrupt.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a golden junkbot last night out of a pack,as much as I like gold cards thinking this is going to be 400 dust towards something else. Card seems pretty bad and the 5 slot is so congested now. Can anyone think of any reason why you would run this card?

Taho

N00b
Had my best arena this morning going 8-3 with a mage. Run ended when I faced another mage with 4 flamestrikes and a blizzard!

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think Warrior cards would be an issue to dust, if it doesn't play in control warrior you are fine. Until something comes along to unseat that deck (don't see that happening) everything else will just be a gimmick and likely not as effective. That's not to say shit can't work (Razor hit legend a few times with math warrior I believe) but again, gimmick.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think Warrior cards would be an issue to dust, if it doesn't play in control warrior you are fine. Until something comes along to unseat that deck (don't see that happening) everything else will just be a gimmick and likely not as effective. That's not to say shit can't work (Razor hit legend a few times with math warrior I believe) but again, gimmick.
You're thinking of screwjank clunker which is quite playable. Junkbot is a neutral 1/5 that gets +2/+2 when a friendly mech dies. Mech is generally aggro so he doesn't help there. I thought about maybe a hunter w/ feign death if it counted as things dying, but that just isn't practical and a bit redundant since it is kinda an anti-aoe card and harvest golems/piloted things are already anti-aoe, it might fit best in a priest mech deck, but they have the much better upgrade bot in the 5 slot. Hmmmm...maybe a shaman deck w/ deathrattle mechs and reincarnate.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really doubt Dr Boom gets nerfed. Yes, it's a powerful card, but I don't think it's out of line. A lot of people aren't even running it anymore because of how prevalent BGH has been.

Also, I have no clue what the fuck RDU was doing in Pinacle 2 a moment ago.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently Trump no-showed Pinnacle 2 over the way Amaz/Archon treated Hosty. Didn't even know Trump and Hosty were friends.

Also, people not running Dr Boom because of BGH is complete hogwash. If anything, even more people are running Dr Boom.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
In my opinion, the way to "fix" Dr. Boom is to release more viable and competitive 7 drops. Right now there is no competition for him in the 7 slot so people are going to, naturally, run the only good 7 cost minion that exists. But that means people will have to accept Boom until April for the, rumored, next Adventure expansion.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with Slippery. Dr Boom seems perfectly balanced. Sure, he's included in a bunch of decks, but so is/was Rag/Sylvanas and even Cairne was auto-include at one point.

Dr Boom is a 9/9 for 7 and 2-8 delayed damage
Rag is 8/8 for 8 with 8 immediate damage

Seems perfectly in line to me.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You think the 8 immediate(and random) damage is equivalent to 9+2-8 damage for 1 less mana?

Sylvalnas got nerfed. Rag, being the strongest not-Dr. Boom legendary in the game has always been right on that edge.

Vaclav

You think the 8 immediate(and random) damage is equivalent to 9+2-8 damage for 1 less mana?

Sylvalnas got nerfed. Rag, being the strong not- Dr. Boom legendary in the game has always been right on that edge.
And don't forget that Dr. Boom is harder to completely nullify - Rag gets one (random) nuke off [Oops, hit your 1/1] and then he can be completely nullified - there's no single card to my knowledge that can completely nullify Dr. Boom - BGH still leaves the bombs.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah that's actually a better point that I missed. Rag's 8 damage is immediate, which is nice, but Dr. Boom's 2d4 is all but guaranteed anyway. And he's 1 mana less.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Additionally, the Boom Bots are one and done (or two and done depending on how you look at it). The point is, once the bombs do their damage, that's it. They will never do that damage again. An unanswered Ragnaros will keep on spitting out fireballs every turn he is left on the table.

Any severe nerf will render him unplayable which is something that this game doesn't need. He's a good card. But a big factor in that is how shallow the 7 spot is right now. He has, almost, zero competition and the competition that exists is either class specific or niche.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's been said over and over by many of us every time Dr. Boom comes up in this thread so I'll say it again. It doesn't matter if he is OP or balanced. He will get nerfed only because so many people are running him. Even the meta's shifted to counter him because he's an auto-include. That's even worse than just a single card auto-include because the counters to him are also auto-include. The player driven meta can't fix this issue. The developers need to. And they will.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's been said over and over by many of us every time Dr. Boom comes up in this thread so I'll say it again. It doesn't matter if he is OP or balanced. He will get nerfed only because so many people are running him. Even the meta's shifted to counter him because he's an auto-include.
As slippery said, he's starting to not be auto-include anymore, especially with undertaker nerf. If the meta becomes more control oriented you might find a lot less Dr.Boom. He's good in an aggro world because he can spread around the damage. In a control world he's a lot less valuable. You act like Blizzard nerfs cards frequently. Undertaker warped the entire meta. Dr. Boom doesn't warp the meta. He's not an insta-win card like undertaker "could" be. Don't expect nerfs anytime soon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He'll be even more of an auto-include in a more control oriented meta because he's a lot of value in a single card.

You guys are hilariously out of touch.

Vaclav

As slippery said, he's starting to not be auto-include anymore, especially with undertaker nerf. If the meta becomes more control oriented you might find a lot less Dr.Boom. He's good in an aggro world because he can spread around the damage. In a control world he's a lot less valuable. You act like Blizzard nerfs cards frequently. Undertaker warped the entire meta. Dr. Boom doesn't warp the meta. He's not an insta-win card like undertaker "could" be. Don't expect nerfs anytime soon.
I don't expect him to be high up in the nerf list - I expect Mechwarper to be on the chopping block first because degenerate early plays > degenerate late plays when it comes to making a game accessible to people.

Undertaker and Mechwarper both fall under the "too much too early" category that makes them fundamentally impossible to have preparations for, Dr. Boom's best counter is often just having the board position already where the bombs are irrelevant and you've got something to counter him personally.