Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is selling HS accounts even a thing?
Oh yeah! It's big business man. There are thousands of Chinese farming HS accounts every day. And if you still have the E-Mail from Blizzard inviting you to Alpha, and you include that with the sale, it adds an extra grand or so (but if it's only an early Beta E-Mail, it's only an extra ~$500). And then if you have the first couple season's cardbacks, that's another grand. You wouldn't believe how little paying an extra $1,500 for those exclusive items is for some people. It's chump change man, chump change. The most elite players only play with Alpha accounts, if your account isn't from Alpha, you can forget about ever playing in the pro circuit. Some tournaments even require proof of first season card back for entry. Nobody takes you seriously without those key items. It's common to keep a print out of your Alpha invite when attending big events.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Morrow_sl said:
Oh yeah! It's big business man. There are thousands of Chinese farming HS accounts every day. And if you still have the E-Mail from Blizzard inviting you to Alpha, and you include that with the sale, it adds an extra grand or so (but if it's only an early Beta E-Mail, it's only an extra ~$500). And then if you have the first couple season's cardbacks, that's another grand. You wouldn't believe how little paying an extra $1,500 for those exclusive items is for some people. It's chump change man, chump change. The most elite players only play with Alpha accounts, if your account isn't from Alpha, you can forget about ever playing in the pro circuit. Some tournaments even require proof of first season card back for entry. Nobody takes you seriously without those key items. It's common to keep a print out of your Alpha invite when attending big events.
rrr_img_89822.jpg

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure that was sarcasm, and possibly you're trolling the sarcastic post by being sarcastic, thus further reinforcing the sarcasm and trolling while trolling.

ps: I laughed (at all three posts in question).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Partially watched a vid of a dude opening 600 packs, getting all the classic cards and having enough dust to craft the remaining legendaries, and anything else missing. If 700 is the upper max for getting all the classic cards, it makes Hearthstone look like chump change compared to MTG.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Partially watched a vid of a dude opening 600 packs, getting all the classic cards and having enough dust to craft the remaining legendaries, and anything else missing. If 700 is the upper max for getting all the classic cards, it makes Hearthstone look like chump change compared to MTG.
It's really not though, since you can never recover that money you threw into it. At least with magic cards can be sold to recoup. Once you throw that money in, it's gone forever.

Unless you're willing to sell your WHOLE account, which would suck ass.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I know it's a CCG, but I also don't think Blizzard is modeling their game to be as hardcore as MTG, just like WoW wasn't meant to be EQ hardcore. It's SUPPOSED to appeal to both filthy casuals as well as hardcore CCG players so this constant comparison of "Hearthstone is nothing compared to MTG in regards to $$ invested so eat your gruel and be happy about it" is stupid and doesn't really apply.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Played against and Echo/Deathlord/Fatigue Mage. Annoying as all fuck. I had a chance until he got duplicated Antique Heal Bots. I hit flamestrike and I'm not familiar enough to know what the Duplicate rules are (i.e. what gets duplicated in a mass removal situation).

I just don't get why someone would try to ladder with the deck at Rank 14. I guess if you're not serious about actually laddering and just want "fun" 30 minute games...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Played against and Echo/Deathlord/Fatigue Mage. Annoying as all fuck. I had a chance until he got duplicated Antique Heal Bots. I hit flamestrike and I'm not familiar enough to know what the Duplicate rules are (i.e. what gets duplicated in a mass removal situation).

I just don't get why someone would try to ladder with the deck at Rank 14. I guess if you're not serious about actually laddering and just want "fun" 30 minute games...
Whichever creature was played first is the one that gets duplicated in the case of multiple creatures dying at once.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Duplicate will duplicate the first minion that was put on the board I believe.

*Gavinmad beat me to it.
smile.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
There isn't an order to it like paladin's redemption? Or did they change it to just the first played?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
They changed everything when Naxx was released.

My favorite weird interaction is avenge + harvest golem. If you play the harvest golem before avenge is played, Avenge will proc on the damaged golem.

Column_sl

shitlord
Haha, love that you went on a tirade this morning. I love that I continue to bother you so much.

FYI next time dont be a pussy and sign your negs instead of hiding behind the board.. But we all know you are just that. ;}

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol I just replaced Thrall with Jaraxxus. That was the single coolest thing I've ever done in Hearthstone. Sneed's gave me Jaraxxus and then I used a Time Rewinder to put him back into my hand and go from 4 life to 15 life, saving me from Rogue's lethal 4 damage weapon the next turn.

Haha, love that you went on a tirade this morning. I love that I continue to bother you so much.

FYI next time dont be a pussy and sign your negs instead of hiding behind the board.. But we all know you are just that. ;}
Yeah, because everyone wants to hide from the al'mighty Column. You are such a deranged psycho.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this as good a deal as the last time around? How does it work? You buy the coins on amazon online and then you spend them from inside the android app version of the HS store?
No, not quite, it was originally a 50% coin back thing and then nerfed to 10% I believe, this is inbetween at 30%.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, buy coins on amazon. Buy packs with coins inside the app. When you go to purchase it will take you to the amazon appstore and ask if you want to use your coins, select coins as the means of purchase and it will tell you how many coins you are getting back free before you confirm the purchase so you know you did it right.

Apparently spending $90 is the most return for your money.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
I tried getting the Amazon thing to work awhile back but everytime I started HS through the Amazon appstore it would crash within 5 seconds.. =/ Nexus 7