Hearthstone

I think most "tribal" stuff is a flop unless they dedicate an entire set to it like they did with Mechs. I mean if they print a few murlocs and few pirates and a few dragons every set eventually the card pool will be fleshed out.

Also, that hunter card is aids.
they should make the next adventure all about insects and Temple of Ahn'Qiraj would fit in perfectly - lots of bosses and its the last classic raid they haven't done yet (besides ZG but fuck troll raids)

Column_sl

shitlord
Eh, BRM had a handful of good cards but the dragon synergy idea was a total flop.
Umm No. Flamewalker, Dragons breath,Quickshot, Gang Up,Lava Shock, Imp Gang Boss,Grim Patron, Emperor Thaurissan.

8 major cards in a very small pool of cards. Almost everyone got a class card that strengthened their gameplay, or changed the way they played except for Priest.

Column_sl

shitlord
There is a few cards that just bring out random cards in your deck and just toss them on the field though. Recently Magic did this a block ago and it does surprisingly well. You have to run some risks for a bit and then when you unleash it's like a 1 turn kill.

Not saying this is going to change Hearthstone up or anything but I can see them trying to emulate that a little bit.
That card brings in a random card not from your deck. If it did bring one in from your hand like voidcaller it would be good.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Umm No. Flamewalker, Dragons breath,Quickshot, Gang Up,Lava Shock, Imp Gang Boss,Grim Patron, Emperor Thaurissan.

8 major cards in a very small pool of cards. Almost everyone got a class card that strengthened their gameplay, or changed the way they played except for Priest.
Dragon's Breath, Lava Shock and Gang Up have all been mostly fail for constructed. So down to five cards out of the set of what, 30? And none of them in the theme they were trying to push. So like I said, a handful of cards and a failed set of synergies otherwise.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're crazy, gang up is godlike. And Lava Shock would be good if Shamans could compete.

You come up with the craziest shit
Ignore Dragon's Breath which is unplayable outside of arena. Call Gang Up godlike despite like no one playing it since a few gimmick mill decks early on that you might only ever see at rank 18 or less. And admit that LS isn't good but would be in an alternate reality.

Its cool Column, you're still always right about everything, never back down.

Column_sl

shitlord
Ignore Dragon's Breath which is unplayable outside of arena. Call Gang Up godlike despite like no one playing it since a few gimmick mill decks early on that you might only ever see at rank 18 or less. And admit that LS isn't good but would be in an alternate reality.

Its cool Column, you're still always right about everything, never back down.
Wow you are just bad, I knew when you made that dumb comment on animal companion earlier I should have just ignored you.

The cards are good, just because 3 of them aren't being used in the current meta that is trying to battle one of the most overpowered decks to ever grace hearthstone means nothing. A card that came about in Blackrock Mountain.

Stay at rank 18 son

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow you are just bad, I knew when you made that dumb comment on animal companion earlier I should have just ignored you.

The cards are good, just because 3 of them aren't being used in the current meta that is trying to battle one of the most overpowered decks to ever grace hearthstone means nothing. A card that came about in Blackrock Mountain.

Stay at rank 18 son
The animal companion comment was obviously a joke, but I guess you're too obtuse to see it. I agree with you on gang up and lava shock though, they're objectively powerful cards that just don't have a place in the current meta.

Black Knight is also an objectively powerful card that has no place in the current meta, but I don't hear anyone saying he's shit. Granted, nobody talks about him at all.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh they absolutely MUST have a troll dungeon adventure. It wouldn't be Warcraft anything without a Troll Raid!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Would be awesome if they actually had the balls to lampoon themselves and call the adventure pack 'Troll Dungeon'. Announce it as 'Obligatory Troll Dungeon' for an April Fools joke, then the next day announce that you're actually calling it 'Troll Dungeon'.

I should work for Blizzard.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Playing Varian Wrynn with Chromaggus on board will be hilarious. Even though it might only happen 1 of 10 times, I gotta try this.

Varian Wrynn is pretty good but also scary. If you draw 3 minions you are susceptible to MCT or a huge board clear. You also don't take advantage of battlecry. If you do happen to get boom/alex on board without the battlcry, it's still huge tempo in your favor unless you get Equality/Consec or some other equally bad shit.

If this guy gets plugged into Control Warrior, it's likely he doesn't draw 3 minions since there's so many weapons & spells. I'd actually prefer it in most cases. Draw 2 cards, play 1 minion and leave a 7/7 body would be most ideal.

I think he has the potential to really fuck you in the ass though lol... dumping Grom on the board too soon could be devastating for Control Warrior.
He looks good, he looks fun, and he will probably contribute to more wins than losses, but those losses are gonna sting.

Rhonin seems playable, but maybe too slow. 3 Arcane missles, 9 damage, plus the 7/7 body.. would have been a legit contender to replace Dr. Boom at 7 mana. I don't see why he couldn't be a 7 slot since he's a class card. As it stands, probably still see Boom over him. Obviously needs to be in an Antonidas deck. Pretty much 0 play if the deck doesn't have Antonidas, and if you are running an Antonidas deck, you would probably want Toshley over this guy. We'll see, the 9 damage from missles alone could be worth it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with you on gang up and lava shock though, they're objectively powerful cards that just don't have a place in the current meta.
There's a bunch of other BRM cards that are objectively strong and lacking in the current meta, so basically back to the opening point. Five cards that turned out usable. TGT will probably have a similar ratio. GVG has seen a ton of use, its really marked more by the legendaries mostly sucking. Naxx is a different story with tons of good cards, but that also created a toxic ass meta for a while but they nailed that one. So unless we say that every card is potentially going to see play one day, there's not a huge gulf between how GvG and BRM turned out. If we are going with card potentials then its an entirely different metric and pointless to say an expack or adventrure is a failure or success in the first place. But Column gonna Column.

Just looked at GvG, I'd say 12-14 cards have seen regular or very regular constructed use. So 10% or a little more of the release. BRM even going with his seven (no dragon's breath) cards, still just over 10% of the cards usable in the meta. It just feels worse when its a huge set.

Column_sl

shitlord
Five cards that turned out usable.
Unusable in this ladder of constructed meta, not unusable. God you are retarded.

There is a huge difference between a bad card, and what you are pointing out. You are basing everything around an expansion that has one deck on the top of the constructed ladders for every single season.

I'd say 12-14 cards have seen regular or very regular constructed use.
12 cards out of 123 cards lmao.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Un usable in this ladder of constructed meta, not un usable.
That's the same thing. Everything might possibly see play one day. There's been multiple mutations of the ladder since GvG and mostly no big changes in what cards are commonly used.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
12 cards out of 123 cards lmao.
That's right. Same percentage as BRM. Five out of thirty, pretty fail! Doesn't really make a difference that 123 is bigger than 30. So I was right, you're wrong. They haven't been slam dunking the adventures compared to the (single) expansion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blackwing Corruptor is amazing and has been a consistent meta presence ever since whoever it was came up with Malylock, even if Malylock has fallen off quite a bit in the last few weeks. Patron is actually pretty shitty without Warsong, so I'm not sure how to rate it, but obviously it's a big deal along with Emperor. Nefarian is played in a handful of decks, and some dragon decks also run Blackwing Technician.

Also Quick Shot, Flamewaker, Imp Gang Boss, and Revenge. So that's 9 cards with at least some notable meta presence, not counting the objectively powerful cards that don't have a meta presence atm like Fireguard Destroyer, Lava Shock, Gang Up, a Dragon Consort. I even occasionally run into Demonwrath when I'm laddering up. So ignoring Demonwrath, that's 13 powerful cards in a 31 card set, 9 of which are used in the current meta.

BRM was plenty strong, but if they want to avoid power creep, each set will necessarily have less and less impact on the metagame because you're dropping the same number of cards into an ever increasing card pool. Unless they come up with some kind of set rotation, which I guarantee would not go over well.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's the same thing. Everything might possibly see play one day. There's been multiple mutations of the ladder since GvG and mostly no big changes in what cards are commonly used.
That is the dumbest comment I've ever heard in Hearthstone. You truly are a bad player. That's like saying Black Knight will never be played, and it's a shit card because of it.

No big Changes?? wtf, when has Warrior been this powerful since you could OTK with Giants. It brought in warrior cards they weren't even using just to support it.