Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That Ram Wrangler looks really good... These new hunter cards are really going to shake up the class imo. So much potential for different types of decks.

Ram Wrangler at worse will spawn a 1/1 minion, so 5 mana for 4/4 at worse, but the upside is insane, like getting an 8/8 with charge on Turn 5 would be game ending... Even any of the other Legendaries would be absolutely sick. This guy is going to auto-win so many games, I can see him being an auto-include for every hunter deck.. Sure, 5 mana is costly, but the upside is too great.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's right. Same percentage as BRM. Five out of thirty, pretty fail! Doesn't really make a difference that 123 is bigger than 30. So I was right, you're wrong. They haven't been slam dunking the adventures compared to the (single) expansion.
Omg you just said earlier they slam dunked Naxx. I never seen a guy so confused as you. Did you get dropped on your head between posts?

. Naxx is a different story with tons of good cards, but that also created a toxic ass meta for a while but they nailed that one.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Varian looks like fun at least. Is it too much to ask for every high cost card to not be bgh fodder?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In this case BGH fodder is fine since there is potential to have multiple 7+ attack minions on the board at once. In many cases BGH will probably be used already on Dr Boom.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That Ram Wrangler looks really good... These new hunter cards are really going to shake up the class imo. So much potential for different types of decks.

Ram Wrangler at worse will spawn a 1/1 minion, so 5 mana for 4/4 at worse, but the upside is insane, like getting an 8/8 with charge on Turn 5 would be game ending... Even any of the other Legendaries would be absolutely sick. This guy is going to auto-win so many games, I can see him being an auto-include for every hunter deck.. Sure, 5 mana is costly, but the upside is too great.
You're getting ahead of yourself. I would argue that he's not much better than houndmaster, and he only recently started to creep back into hunter lists. Also, you're sometimes forced to drop houndmaster without his battlecry as a tempo play, but at least you're still getting 4 power out of a 4 cost creature. With Ram Wrangler, you're getting a 3/3 for 5 mana which is about as bad as it gets.

That being said, it's a powerful battlecry. I wonder what the average power and toughness you're putting on the board is, maybe I'll calc it later unless someone beats me to it.

Beast - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Wiki

Column_sl

shitlord
Houndmaster is better because it allows you to buff most stuff to 4 such as dire wolf, Rhino, 2/2 hyenas from Savanah etc, out of the range of a lot of removals

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You're getting ahead of yourself. I would argue that he's not much better than houndmaster, and he only recently started to creep back into hunter lists. Also, you're sometimes forced to drop houndmaster without his battlecry as a tempo play, but at least you're still getting 4 power out of a 4 cost creature. With Ram Wrangler, you're getting a 3/3 for 5 mana which is about as bad as it gets.

That being said, it's a powerful battlecry. I wonder what the average power and toughness you're putting on the board is, maybe I'll calc it later unless someone beats me to it.

Beast - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Wiki
Card RNG: Deathrattle, Draw Possibilities, and Stats - Hearthstone Top Decks

Not counting anything in the new expansion of course.

Averages out to about 7 stat points total for your extra card. Pretty good. That doesn't count card effects either.
Averages out to a card cost of about 3.7.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think I prefer the non-random aspect of houndmaster if I had to choose between them. Hybrid hunter doesn't have room for Wrangler, so you'd have to go back to full on Midrange hunter, and probably replace the sludge belchers, which seems pretty iffy but worth testing.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So far, this is meh(said already by many). Not sure if they really play-tested this extensively. Still waiting for the anti-aggro cards that will force players to get off hunter, zoo, and aggro pally. A few cards look ok but the whole set is costed about 1 mana too high. Sure, you don't want massive power creep but new cards should want you to actually play them right?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The biggest issue with the cards is basically, they are too slow and won't work in the aggro meta, same issue with BRM.

As long as aggro dominates the meta, most cards will not see play.

They can be as creative as they want, until they get aggro under control most of their work is going to be wasted.

I see myself potentially having lots of fun though since I find a lot of the cards interesting and fun.

Then again, I spend most of my time playing non-meta decks or totally gimmick decks.
smile.png

With the new reward system, I'll probably play the meta a bit for a week to reach rank 10 or so depending on exact breakdown of the reward system...and then just have fun playing crazy stupid stuff.
smile.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone ever gotten a legendary from the free pack from Tavern Brawl? I literally have only gotten 4 commons, 1 rare, which have been turned into 40 dust every time.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been in a Legendary drought for a while now, hopefully it turns around for TGT release
biggrin.png

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Today's brawl got me a dupe Ysera and a golden Cabal Shadow Priest. Best pack in a while, even though I just had to dust the legendary.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How long until Vaclav is in here wondering if that card can silence Jaraxxus? The wording is ambiguous!
I'm used to MTG templating being cleaner - sue me =p

Assuming their templating isn't shitty I'd expect you could use that to silence hero form Jaraxxus BTW. However, since silencing on a Hero has never been set up to do anything I'd expect it to do nothing. [After all all silence really does is remove the Battlecry from him as a minion - and the Battlecry already fired at that point]

So either way, it won't target at all, or it would target but do nothing would be my take. Less ambiguous than the weirdness of Icehowl to me.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Opened a dupe Cenarius today, shame he wasn't one of the few I don't have (really could have gone for Al'Akir). I'm up to 3465 dust and the urge to craft a golden Sneed's is strong, but I'll see what happens with the expansion first

Spoiler is cards I still don't have

Legendary
Flame Leviathan
Bolvar Fordragon
Prophet Velen
Trade Prince Gallywix
Neptulon
Al'Akir the Windlord
Tinkmaster Overspark
Blingtron 3000
Elite Tauren Chieftain
Hemet Nesingwary
Mimiron's Head
Gazlowe
The Beast
Toshley
Sneed's Old Shredder
Onyxia

Epic
2x Dark Wispers
2x Tree of Life
1x Steamwheedle Sniper
1x Spellbinder
1x Coghammer
1x Cogmaster's Wrench
1x Siltfin Spiritwalker
1x Demonheart
1x Hungry Crab
1x Mini-Mage
1x Junkbot
1x Clockwork Giant

Rare
1x One-eyed Cheat
2x Target Dummy
2x Gnomish Experimenter
1x Goblin Sapper

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So maybe I built the deck wrong, or maybe I just wasn't getting the busted openers, but it took me 5-6 matches to finally win a game with druid in the brawl.

wtf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hate brawls that take fucking forever to complete. So many Freeze Mages. Fuck that shit, ignore until next week.