Hearthstone

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just played a dragon priest that was running double death, lightbomb, AND mind control. And I still won in fatigue despite duplicating BGH twice. One of which was unavoidable, the other was a misplay.

Get your garbage shit out of here, why the fuck are you even running dragons if you're going to butcher the list by adding that slow garbage.
What rank was it? When I started laddering I noticed a lot of discount decks running half the TGT cards that it should have.

Also, Any secret paladin players here I want to discuss three drops

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yes. I lost my 10th arena win because of it. My opponent had the fortune of NOT getting disconnected and getting 2 free turns, yet every single one of my friends also got disconnected. I love selective mass disconnects, they are awesome.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
uhhhhhhhhh that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. Mage has so many good ways to deal with secret paladin other than blood knight. Arcane missles is standard in flamewaker anyway, not sure how it helps the matchup though. You can just run poly or you can fireball then ping the 1 health ressed dude. It's not hard at all with mage.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
uhhhhhhhhh that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. Mage has so many good ways to deal with secret paladin other than blood knight. Arcane missles is standard in flamewaker anyway, not sure how it helps the matchup though. You can just run poly or you can fireball then ping the 1 health ressed dude. It's not hard at all with mage.
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/m...oh-secret-tree

Don't take my word for it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Fun stuff. Would love those 15 copies of Arcane Missles pls. Beating mindless Face Hunters with this Shaman deck with 28-30 life remaining. Finally, a glorious moment for Shamans. The combination of Earth Shock and Ancestral Spirit/Reincarnate is very strong. Being able to easily trigger a board wipe with Explosive Sheep or Abomination is great. I don't think Lil' Exorcist is worth it, you get more value just adding in another Deathrattle minion.

Edit: Baron doesn't work.

Northerner

N00b
I don't see how they justify ranking it over patron when looking at the breakdowns it is obvious patron wins more matchups, including the one against pally. Perhaps the meta is flooded with hunters, I don't know.

Still, Spally is really irritating to play against but fun to play. More relaxing than patron at least.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Secret Paly is infinitely less bad than Patron. Patron is not fun to play against whatsoever. At least playing against a Secret Paladin you feel like you can actually impact the game and there is interactivity. Patron is the true and everlasting cancer. I don't see how Secret Paly is ranked above Patron either, that just seems like an oversight due to hype or fotm or whatever. As someone already posted, Secret Paly does not fit their own criteria for tier 1, let alone #1 overall. Hell, this week's version is vastly different than last week's. I'm not saying it's not very strong, it is, and I'm enjoying playing it and playing against it, but it doesn't fit their own criteria and it certainly isn't better than Patron.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mech Mage doesn't need BK for the Paladin matchup. Mech mage is already favored. The only reason Blood Knight is included here is because 3 of 5 matchups are Paladin these days and it certainly makes the matchup more favorable, but more importantly, it's not a 100% dead card in this deck against other matchups since you can combo him with Annoy-o-Tron. This is the perfect meta for Blood Knight just due to the number of Paladins, but you certainly don't need it. It just makes sense to run in almost any deck atm.

Also these decks on Tempo Storm in general have some questionable tech choices overall. I listened to the Value Town episode and Reynad seems to value Korean/Asian Legend decks highly. He was also saying Dragon Priests in Korea/Asia were swapping out Ysera for Paletress, but yet you still see Ysera almost every time on NA. (I'm trying the Paletress swap atm with mixed results).

I certainly wouldn't say every mech mage is running a Blood Knight these days and it doesn't even help during the actual turn 6 Mysterious Challenger drop since none of the secrets actually grant Divine Shield.

Secret Paly is infinitely less bad than Patron. Patron is not fun to play against whatsoever. At least playing against a Secret Paladin you feel like you can actually impact the game and there is interactivity. Patron is the true and everlasting cancer. I don't see how Secret Paly is ranked above Patron either, that just seems like an oversight due to hype or fotm or whatever. As someone already posted, Secret Paly does not fit their own criteria for tier 1, let alone #1 overall. Hell, this week's version is vastly different than last week's. I'm not saying it's not very strong, it is, and I'm enjoying playing it and playing against it, but it doesn't fit their own criteria and it certainly isn't better than Patron.
Reynad explained on Value Town that the reason for the ranking is because Spally is braindead easy to play whereas Patron actually requires skill. Yes, Patron can do some insanely broken things but there's also a ton of bad Patron players. Which I can agree with, even though I do think the Patron deck is bullshit, most players are terrible at it, including myself. You really need to put in 100s of games to know how to play it out for every matchup. Spally on the otherhand has decent winrate against most decks and requires practically no skill.

Also his reasoning for Mech Mage being Tier 1 this week is because Mech Mage counters Spally. It doesn't mean Mech Mage is super OP in every meta, but in THIS meta it's OP. It also means Spally will lose rankings once Patron/Mech Mage/Other decks are more prevalent. They did note that it seems like people are sick of playing Patron atm as you rarely see it even though it counters the meta pretty hard.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Spally is braindead easy to play whereas Patron actually requires skill. Yes, Patron can do some insanely broken things but there's also a ton of bad Patron players. Which I can agree with, even though I do think the Patron deck is bullshit, most players are terrible at it, including myself. You really need to put in 100s of games to know how to play it out for every matchup. Spally on the otherhand has decent winrate against most decks and requires practically no skill.
Yeah this is me with patron, when I win it's usually ridiculous easy and I overpower them. When I lose it's usually because I got confidant and blew my wad way too early.

Taho

N00b
How do you change your default pack reward? I'm still getting classic packs for Brawl reward and would prefer TGT. Thanks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do you change your default pack reward? I'm still getting classic packs for Brawl reward and would prefer TGT. Thanks.
You can't change it.

Anyway, I don't think mysterious challenger is broken. Emperor is already capable of breaking the game as a 6 drop and doesn't require you to run a bunch of inferior cards to make use of it. Let's face it, Paladin secrets are garbage. The only reason they're good now is because challenger lets you dump a bunch of them into play at once, and it can be difficult to sort them out. But if you hadn't already taken back control of the board against midrange pally before turn 6, most decks were losing anyway. If you haven't let the board run away from you before your opponent drops challenger, it's a lot easier to manage.

Variations of control mage can manage both patron and challenger just fine btw. I've been tinkering with ErA's dupe control mage and I watched Sjow using a more traditional echo giant list, both decks do just fine against challenger.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this happened.

rrr_img_109373.jpg

rad

Lord of Guk
You can't change it.

Anyway, I don't think mysterious challenger is broken. Emperor is already capable of breaking the game as a 6 drop and doesn't require you to run a bunch of inferior cards to make use of it. Let's face it, Paladin secrets are garbage. The only reason they're good now is because challenger lets you dump a bunch of them into play at once, and it can be difficult to sort them out. But if you hadn't already taken back control of the board against midrange pally before turn 6, most decks were losing anyway. If you haven't let the board run away from you before your opponent drops challenger, it's a lot easier to manage.

Variations of control mage can manage both patron and challenger just fine btw. I've been tinkering with ErA's dupe control mage and I watched Sjow using a more traditional echo giant list, both decks do just fine against challenger.
Completely agree - I get the Mysterious Challenger hate, but it isn't broken. I've been playing a lot of echo mage lately as well and I'm very happy to see a Pally queue up, every clear becomes live.