Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Incidentally, just topped off the night with a win streak into 8 with a hardcore token pally deck. I've refined it a bit from my initial list and have been having an absolute blast. Been spanking hunters, control warriors, and doing well against other paladins. The ooze has been really good against hunter and warrior (actually stole a game from a patron player early in my streak), and it can be pretty clutch against paladins. Even oozing a light's justice can have a pretty big effect on your ability to keep recruits on the board. The Garrison Commander isn't really there for the hero power, he's just a 2 drop that trades favorably and you can get some extra use out of him when you draw him late. The Argent Protector should probably be another Commander but I only have 1 and I'm not dumping 400 dust on a second one. Double Owl might be a little much, but it allows me to play super aggressively with the first one. Silencing an early mad scientist is a pretty strong tempo play. Mukla's Champion is an absolute beast, but I wouldn't run more than one for fear of him gumming up your hand. I wouldn't run

So yeah, 1 owl, ooze, garrison, and protector are your 4 flex spots if you want to tinker with the deck. Always play around mass removal with this deck. The only way you lose (aside from Patron) is if they sweep and follow it up with pressure before you can rebuild. This deck can rebuild the board very quickly, so generally try to keep the board clear even if it means taking unfavorable trades to do so.

rrr_img_109374.jpg

The Master

Bronze Squire
I don't think anything will supplant Patron Warrior for a long time to come. If I didn't already have golden Warrior I doubt I'd be laddering with anything else, but Warrior is far and away my best class so I can understand not running it if you aren't good with the deck.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Incidentally, just topped off the night with a win streak into 8 with a hardcore token pally deck. I've refined it a bit from my initial list and have been having an absolute blast. Been spanking hunters, control warriors, and doing well against other paladins. The ooze has been really good against hunter and warrior (actually stole a game from a patron player early in my streak), and it can be pretty clutch against paladins. Even oozing a light's justice can have a pretty big effect on your ability to keep recruits on the board. The Garrison Commander isn't really there for the hero power, he's just a 2 drop that trades favorably and you can get some extra use out of him when you draw him late. The Argent Protector should probably be another Commander but I only have 1 and I'm not dumping 400 dust on a second one. Double Owl might be a little much, but it allows me to play super aggressively with the first one. Silencing an early mad scientist is a pretty strong tempo play. Mukla's Champion is an absolute beast, but I wouldn't run more than one for fear of him gumming up your hand. I wouldn't run

So yeah, 1 owl, ooze, garrison, and protector are your 4 flex spots if you want to tinker with the deck. Always play around mass removal with this deck. The only way you lose (aside from Patron) is if they sweep and follow it up with pressure before you can rebuild. This deck can rebuild the board very quickly, so generally try to keep the board clear even if it means taking unfavorable trades to do so.

rrr_img_109374.jpg
Have you tried swapping out ooze for harison with all the paladins about drawing 3-4 cards off a lights justice seems good.

Northerner

N00b
I agree with ya actually Gavin. I think the token Pally has a lot more legs than Spally does. It's not quite refined enough yet but the core elements are really, really strong. I mean, it's shit against some popular decks but what can you do? A polarized deck that wins many matchups is nice to have and if it is more than it loses, good to have around.

Still, I'd likely be better served by just saving my mounds of dust and perfecting my patron play! I do like some salt on occasion.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hey I bet this was news to no one but me but if you craft or I suppose own all of the other murlocks the game gives you the legendary murlock Old-One-Eye for free?

Just happened to me so thought I'd share.

Northerner

N00b
True. Same for Pirates and the Parrot (iirc).

Tried to make a pirate deck work recently, still no dice. Murlocks? The only one that works is an arena pally!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Hey I bet this was news to no one but me but if you craft or I suppose own all of the other murlocks the game gives you the legendary murlock Old-One-Eye for free?

Just happened to me so thought I'd share.
It's the only way to get him actually. He can't be crafted. You get a gold a version if you get the other murlocs in gold. You only need the original 8 murlocs:
Murloc Raider, Bluegill Warrior, Grimscale Oracle, Murloc Tidehunter, Coldlight Oracle, Coldlight Seer, Murloc Tidecaller, and Murloc Warleader

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I wish they had more cards like that as well honestly. Bonus cards for collecting all of a certain type would a fin way to make people complete sets. The problem arises when its some legendary dragon that you need for your deck but you need to make 10 other legendary dragons first.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Good watch. No solutions given to power creep and new / returning players, but it's nice that they are taking the time to talk to the community to say they're aware and are thinking about how to solve it.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe I just had an opponent miss lethal for 30 damage on board on me....only to let me kill them on my turn

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it a thing that people let the time run down instead of conceding? I just recently started and it happens to me regularly in arena... are people that butt hurt to lose?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, since you can't actually chat with your opponent and he can squelch your emotes, the timer is the only guaranteed way to be able to grief someone.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is it a thing that people let the time run down instead of conceding? I just recently started and it happens to me regularly in arena... are people that butt hurt to lose?
People are getting a progressively worse attitude imo. I used to make friends in this game, that hasn't happened in a while. I auto squelch at this point, and yeah, as Gavin said, rope is the only way to guarantee grief someone. So it happens.

Is this real? or is this just fantasy?

Quickest 7-0 ever. What I'm doing to my opponents right now is illegal in 46 states. My last 9 arena runs have all been 8+ wins, my average is back up really high (it dropped badly at TGT release). I took a break for almost 2 weeks and started playing again and am doing as well if not better than pre TGT. I think at first maybe TB pulled all the newbs away from arena, but for whatever reason, it's stabilized again. Or at least it appears to have done so. Somehow I feel like I'm actually playing worse opponents, even in the 10 win range. For a while I was only doing arenas on Monday/tues/weds (e.g. when Brawl wasn't going). But I actually think I do better during brawls, which is strange. You definitely have to play a different style now when sometimes you only have 3 spells and only 1 or 2 removals, if that, but once you adapt, you can do consistently well again... I think. So yeah if you've held back arena for a while for similar reasons to why I did, give it a shot again and see how it goes for you. I've only been playing the top classes though: Mage/Paladin/Rogue/Warlock. I don't think I've played a single run on any other class... maybe a single druid.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Spent 50 bucks on TGT packs and didn't get shit. completed two quests during tavern brawl and open a Varian and a Alakir. It makes up for it
biggrin.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's worth a try, but I tried to minimize drops that are dependent on you having creatures on the board. Right now the list has 4 (Protector, Mukla's, 2x Quarter) and you're wanting to remove a draw card to add another board dependent creature. If anything I'd drop the one shredder (blasphemy I know) if you want to try Gormok.