Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the problem with Warsong Commander was that it allowed warriors to pull out OTKs with minions like Frothing Berserkers, hell they even could have changed it so minions spawned from another one (eg patrons) wouldn't get that charge
instead they decided to be retarded about it and rather overnerf it than fix it
All they had to do was "minons with three or less attack have charge" Not "when you summon...give it charge". Alternatively/additionally they could have changed the required attack value to "two or less" and it would have been "brutal". This isn't brutal its a funeral.

maybe we will now see even more charge face warrior cancer with the new WSC who knows

also:

Warsong Commander
3 mana
2/3
Your Charge minions have +1 attack.

Raid Leader
3 mana
2/2
Your other minions have +1 attack.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like trying to build a warrior template like that would be too slow as an aggro deck and too fragile against slower decks. There's already an interesting mech warrior build out there that is fast and has some burst potential and wouldn't really have room for or be made better by the new warsong.

[S18 2#LEGEND] Mech Warrior - Hearthstone Decks

I'm not a big fan of playing warrior and I've been using this in casual for dailies and its surprisingly fun and effective.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I agree that Force+Roar is really strong but it's definitely balanced considering the state of Druid. Druid can not mill nearly as hard as Patron warrior, so getting the "right" cards is much more difficult and the damage is much less. Also Patron has so much charge with 2x Patron 2x Frothing, Druid only has the combo 2x max.

Another downside with Druid is they don't have easy removal. Fighting for board control is critical. Druid has a tough time clearing the board, a lot of times they need to Force+Roar just to board clear. Warrior has the draw+removal and the warsong+patron+frothings put it over the top.

So yea... Druid has a strong combo but definitely can't be nerfed considering their current state.

rad

Lord of Guk
What's that again bro?
That's called foot in mouth bro.

I still think it's a horrible move, they could have handled it better. I'm not a Patron player but I've never had the seething hate for the deck most have. Because I tend to gravitate towards control it probably plays into why I dont find combo decks 'obnoxious'. With that said, I understand it even though I don't agree with it.

I do find it interesting that your now harping on control warrior though, not ok with chopping off one ball, need the full sack eh?

Edit: Your suggestion above for example would have been a fair compromise and it wouldn't have completely destroyed the deck.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
maybe we will now see even more charge face warrior cancer with the new WSC who knows

also:

Warsong Commander
3 mana
2/3
Your Charge minions have +1 attack.

Raid Leader
3 mana
2/2
Your other minions have +1 attack.
Yup, they basically turned Warsong into a shittier Raid Leader

...and Raid Leader is shitty to begin with already

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's called foot in mouth bro.
Well, I'm the one who thought they'd hit secret pally sooner than Patron. Which they still might, but never underestimate how fucking slowly Blizzard reacts.

I do find it interesting that your now harping on control warrior though, not ok with chopping off one ball, need the full sack eh?
I'm not calling for a CW nerf, just saying it might end up being a "careful what we wished for" result. Twenty minute control warrior matchups might get a lot more common, these new builds are fucking obnoxious.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Secret Paladin will get nerfed

Edit: Also mid range Paladin dunks the agro Druid pretty hard. Aldor on Fel Reaver and mill the deck so easy.

Hello Warsong my old friend
I'll never need your buffs again
Because a combo piece I'm seeking
Lost its worth while I was sleeping
And the Patron that I split with Inner Rage
Sleeps for days
Because he's not compliant

When Frothing seeks a whirled cone
Boosting strength and causing groans
Thaurissan enabled three stacks
Of whirled damage boosts to hell and back
When my eyes are stabbed by the flash of the roping light
Trigger all night
The stack's lost to compliance

Unstable Ghoul is standing tall
Withholding hundreds of the Horde
Next to Frothing, target seeking
Patron begging to hold meeting
The dying Ghoul triggered despair
Damage spared
Because of non-compliance

"Fools," said I, "you do not know
Patron's like a cancer grows
Charging nerds for decks to beat you
Ladder climbs will yet defeat you"
Though absurd, the meta change will go
Away from new compliance

And the people bowed and prayed
To the Patron god they made
And the card read out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said "Attack bonuses only granted to those charging calls
The rest shall fall
Behind the new compliance.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I may have preferred for them to change warsong to "your minions with 3 or less attack have charge" similar to southsea deckhand and "this minion has charge while a weapon is equipped". But I can see why they totally gutted it since the first nerf in the end didn't accomplish what they wanted with the card and without completely gutting it they would have had to watch for any new interactions that new cards may have brought with it for all enternity.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A nerf was required, but this is just plain stupid, and I don't even play the deck.

People have suggested many options that would not have totally destroyed the deck.

It's even dumber considering the time they took to come up with this.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I get the feeling that Blizzard doesn't like to go the obvious route with nerfs. Even if it makes sense they want to put their own touch so they do weird nerfs instead of the obvious one.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, but this one is just lazy. They needed to come up with something completely different for the card like they did with uth for hunters.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I get the feeling that Blizzard doesn't like to go the obvious route with nerfs. Even if it makes sense they want to put their own touch so they do weird nerfs instead of the obvious one.
If their own touch means 'retarded' then they've succeeded

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Warsong nerf is only partly to do with current patron really. It's largely aimed at future sets/expansions being limited in minion design because of warsong giving them charge. It's just the nature of the way they've made the game (no interaction when not your turn) that requires very, very tight control over charge minions in general.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah they killed the card because it would somehow become a problem all over again. Its been an issue twice now, they aren't going for strike three I guess.